[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pissed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: imdb.jpg (7KB, 324x155px) Image search: [Google]
imdb.jpg
7KB, 324x155px
I actually helped build IMDb when it was just an online text based db. I've learned (and shared) tons of information on it over the years. Now it will just be a stupid studio owned publicity machine. Sad to see it go.
>>
>did it for free
>>
>>79314815
ok
>>
>>79314815
Yup. Used to be a thing.
>>
>>79314815
Kek.
>>
File: 1453337889491.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1453337889491.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
Did anyone honestly NOT see this coming?

I got tired of waiting for it to happened and lost interest long ago.

It was sad to see it go years ago.
>>
>>79314889
Well, it sucked when Amazon bought it in 1998, but I really didn't see this coming.
>>
>>79314687
I'd go so far to even call it a minor tragedy. They are about to cut out the lifeblood of the damn site. Sucks to lose the last 15 years and to have to start over, but whatever it takes to fuck IMDb.
>>
>Now

>>
I noticed they started pruning inactive boards few years back.

Didn't think they'd get rid of them entirely though. It was nice to read conversations about films from like 10 years ago sometimes.
>>
>>79315120
I don't know if it is any consolation, but it was started as a volunteer project on Usenet. Something like it could be done again. And someone (Memhole?) could capture it all. But there are only 9 days left.
>>
>>79315307
There's already a replacement: https://www.themoviedb.org/ the trick is to get people to use it. There's a trickle already, and hopefully it'll gain steam after the 20th.
>>
It is like the loss of 90% of the silent films. The comments contain entries from friends and relatives of some of the earliest actors and directors that aren't contained in any books or memoirs anywhere else. The IMDb archives absolutely contain one of, if not the greatest histories of Kino.
>>
Where were you when message boards finally became irrelevant?

What's the over/under on how many years 4chan lasts?
>>
>>79315389
Good thing. I totally support this
>>
Who cares. 100 years from now nobody will give a shit about anything from this era let alone the last century.
>>
>>79315593
Sorry, I disagree. I think that 100 years from now, people WILL care about Mabel Norman and Fatty Arbuckle and who taught Charlie Chaplin to direct. I say that because people today care about what happened 100 years ago in Kino.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.