[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

La La Land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I'm kinda late to the party, but I just saw it. What was /tv/'s verdict? I enjoyed it and thought it was breddy gud.
>>
>>79306520
it's dishonest filming in a very dishonest time. What more is there to say really?
>>
>>79306593
>it's dishonest filming in a very dishonest time. What more is there to say really?
Explain your statement senpai.
>>
>>79306593
this comment is honestly retarded.
>>
Identified with Goslings character (idealistic wannabe-artist) very heavily and thus i was, to my surprise, very affected by the whole "follow your dream"-storyline, despite of it being so overused.
>>
A brilliant edition to Emma Stone's body of work. Can't wait for the webms
>>
Been listening to the soundtrack for the past week since seeing it

I want to see more tap dancing sequences in movies. A Lovely Night (as in the sequence shown in the poster with the beautiful indigo sky) was absolutely brilliant and a ton of fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftaFCm-vt8s
>>
>>79307892
I dig the soundtrack too. Really like City of Stars even though people whine about it being over played.
>>
>>79307961
Yeah I hear that. The melody seemed to find it's way into most other numbers. I think it could have done with one or two more original sequences to pad it out a bit.

City of Stars, A Lovely Night, the pop-rock-jazz thingy and Emma Stone's interview solo seems to be about it. Everything else feels derivative of those, including the opening highway number and the pre-party one.
>>
dishonest film making at its peak
>>
compared to most musicals the songs weren't that good and there weren't enough of them. I wish they had musical numbers instead of the jazz sequences

and maybe a lyrical pop soul number that was integrated into the story instead of that John Legend song that was completely generic.
>>
Music score is decent, bought both albums. Been listening it nonstop.
>>
>>79306593
>>79308115
Is this some Trump meme?
>>79308047
Yeah, the interview song near the end was also top notch. She pulled it off well and I really like the way the director slowly eases into every musical scene by dimming the lights and focusing in on the character.
>>79308151
Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of the pop soul thing either and I just now realized that was John Legend kek. It wasn't really as much of a musical as I thought it would be desu, but the movie was still decent so I didn't mind. I can see how the weak song selection may have irked some people.
>>
File: Tart n Sawa.jpg (360KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Tart n Sawa.jpg
360KB, 500x700px
>>79306520
thought it paid decent homage to the golden era musical, and had some excellent shots in it (The opening sequence comes to find, pulling off some clever shenanigans to give the impression of a single long take)

While it would have cool to see actors with legit song and dance chops, Gosling played their parts well. Gosling can't sing to save his life, but he made it work with his character and he went through a crash course in piano to actually play the parts on screen, so props for that

They made the right choice with the ending The parallel hypothetical dream sequence did a great job underlying the theme of the movie: what do you lose when you pursue your dreams, art, greatness? Is greatness worth sacrificing true happiness?

That really hit hard for me, some fuck writing plays and music and getting older, wondering if I made the wrong decisions. All that said parts of the plot felt flimsy, in their pursuit of capturing the essence of the old school film musical they adopted one of its greater flaws; the fact that it served only as a vehicle for the song/dance. But the song/dance wasn't the draw here, the story was, so reinforcing the story would've served better
>>
>>79306593
I prefer the term

alternative filmmaking
>>
>>79308988
alternative shitposting
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.