[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking Bad thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (48KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
48KB, 480x270px
Season Five shouldn't have happened. Discuss
>>
It was fine.
>>
>>79294395

Jessie should have been written off halfway through season 1 but writer's strike. Bitch shouldnt have a movie career. Discuss.
>>
Season 5 had too much good stuff to write off completely, but bringing in a new branch of villains was a big mistake. It should have just been a focused high pressure showdown between the established main characters. (Lydia-fu can stay)
>>
>inb4 the le everything I don't like is reddit reee liberal debate team shows up
>>
>>79294395

>discuss

you didn't like it because that's when everyone else started liking it, what's to discuss?
>>
>>79294459
His character started stagnating in S4, but the show would have been demonstrably worse if they wrote him off as planned.
>>
>>79294635
This. A lot of the series most dramatic moments happened because Walt wanted to protect his buddy. Jesse's ignorance led to great stuff.
>>
>>79294528
I agree.

I feel like the Nazis/Todd were a bit too late to the party to have played such a big part. Assuming AMC didn't insist on doing that retarded "5A 5B" shit it should've been like 10-12 episodes, with 1-6ish being about the rise of Walt's drug empire, and 7-12ish being about the fall (Him/Saul/Skylar v. Hank/Jessie) and fallout.
>>
>>79294528
>>79295095
Why were the writers even compelled to bring in new villains? Wasn't the whole point to have Walter become the villain? I can't think of anything integral to S5 that would require new villains into the mix.

S5 should've been a cat and mouse game between Walt and Hank. The last episode should've involved all the main cast, not just end with Walt killing some dudes we don't care about.

Maybe this all rests on the mistake of the writers bringing in a machine gun without knowing why.
>>
>>79295343
Them making that scene before having any idea what to do with it was pretty stupid.

It was kind of a cop out. Like, "look, these guys are even worse than Walt!" in order to make him some sort of hero. Should've ended with Walt going full Scarface, or maybe his actions cause everyone around him's death, and he's left alone with a pile of money. Or something.
>>
>>79295343
People were complaining that a White guy was blowing out all these blacks and hispanics so they made the villains nazis.
>>
>>79294395
S5 was the second best season, what are you talking about
>>
>>79295493

sure they did, bud
>>
>everything was built up for a perfect showdown between Walt and Hank
>lol nvm its Walt vs. Nazis

>Grey Matter probably gave Walt cancer (the primary catalyst of the entire plot), tons of loose ends with his ex-partner
>here take money lol and dont do anything cuz laser pointers

He's right, Season 5 was complete garbage and a massive letdown
>>
>>79295493
yes
>>
>>79295683
he's not right that the show should have ended on season 4, that would have left it far too open ended with almost no conclusion for a lot of characters

they should have done season 5 better though
>>
>>79295771
it could've been another case of a great show ending prematurely because production contracts but remembered as one of the greatest (Vince even said they made S4s finale in such a way it was a satisfying series finale because they were unsure if S5 would happen). Fans would speculate forever about "did you think Hank ever found out?" that sort of mysticism.

ALTHOUGH, best case scenario would've been a stronger S5 without the weird character motives and random nazi villains. The penultimate episode is a fast forward of several months and Walts in New Hampshire? Feels like there wasn't enough episodes for their storyline yet too much episodes for a better one.
>>
File: 1406000889824.jpg (31KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1406000889824.jpg
31KB, 323x323px
>>79294407
>season 1-4: walt rising in the drug game and pushing against the cartels
>season 5: lol nazis is teh ememys XDXD
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.