[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HISTORY BUFFS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (6KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
6KB, 100x100px
Is /tv/ aware of this? So fucking comfy mang

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCggHoXaj8BQHIiPmOxezeWA/videos
>>
your channel sucks and you're a fag
>>
>>79283770
He was pretty good but his petty shitting all over Apocalypto made me hate him
>>
>>79284077
It wasn't so bad, but one of his worst. Maybe him shouting does it for some people, but him shouting about what he didn't like about the movie really seemed like he was making too big a deal out of little things.
>>
>>79283770

He didn't understand that The Patriot is patriotic kino, not meant to be a documentary or real life by any stretch.
>>
>>79284827
The problem with that assessment is that one has to know going into it that it is a load of shit, else one might come out thinking the English were burning churches full of children and that a significant number of "not slaves" worked white men's farm's for them by their own choice. I completely understand why he and others would be frustrated with it.

That said though if I remember correctly he did seem to take things a little too personally about them painting the British as mustache twirling villains. Maybe I'm mistaken though. He was shouting about Apocalypto and that didn't have any Brits in it.
>>
>>79283770
I hate guys like him

If you want to learn about history, read a fucking book. There is no such a thing as "historically accurate" film. Every film contains sort of historical fiction. The only thing filmmaker should be concerned is really obvious shit like Hitler having his famous mustache. But even then if it's played in non-serious way, it shouldn't matter. It's still a fiction. UNLESS the filmmaker states that this movie is supposed to be historically accurate all over the press, this shouldn't matter. Gladiator is fucking kino-tier despite the fact every shot of the film is historically inaccurate
>>
>>79285534
He didn't shit on gladiator.
>>
The best episodes are the ones where he likes the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKk5Sy0JT8
>>
>>79285595
That even makes him more of a fag. He gives a pass to Gladiator but not to other films? Either criticize everything, or nothing.
>>
>>79285534
>>79285639
You aren't making any sense. He gives reasons for his criticisms. He doesn't just give free passes to some films.

Also I think it's perfectly fine to hold a lack of historicity against a historical film. Just make a fantasy movie if you don't want to actually deal with history. Movies that are historically accurate and still good deserve praise..
>>
>>79285772
There's nothing wrong with criticism, but he criticizes one film he hates, but he gives a pass to some other films he loves but has the same problems that the first film he hates. It doesn't make any sense. There has to be some consistency here, otherwise it looks very biased.

Yes it's good when the movie is good and historically accurate but that shouldn't be the first thing on the list. It should be " first, make a good movie".
>>
watching Apollo 13
bait and swting these cunts with an info drop
subbed
thanks op
>>
>it's not historically accurate!
>that's means it's bad!

jeez i'm glad I'm not autistic
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.