[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a filmmaker more out of his depth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: Untitled.jpg (515KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
515KB, 1000x562px
Name a filmmaker more out of his depth
>>
>>79278036
I can't
>>
File: IMG_1701.png (1MB, 2673x1750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1701.png
1MB, 2673x1750px
>tfw too fucking stupid to make capeshit
>>
>>
At least Sucker Punch is good.
>>
>>79278546
*explodes from painful laughter*
>>
>>79278546
"No!"
>>
>>79278036
Villenueve
>>
Brett Ratner.
>>
>>79278807
this
>>
Marc Webb with The Amazing Spider Man
>>
File: Attack of the Poetry.webm (3MB, 936x400px) Image search: [Google]
Attack of the Poetry.webm
3MB, 936x400px
Lucas
>>
>>79278036
If memes were arround when lord of the dogshit rings came out jackson would have got raped
>>
Park Chan-wook
>>
>>79278546
that's his only bad movie, dumbass
>>
>>79279017
Star Wars has the perfect depth for Lucas
>>
page 10 save motherfucker
>>
>>79279017
>>79281840
Lucas is insane. He literally went crazy after the OT.
>>
File: dc.png (86KB, 1845x213px) Image search: [Google]
dc.png
86KB, 1845x213px
>>79278036
>>79278402
>>79278477
Reminder
>>
>>79283597
The fact that Batman V Superman was attempting some ambitious things with the characters and posing questions about what we assume about their nature does not redeem it as a film. Why? Because nearly every opportunity to do something interesting with the characters is wasted.

Case in point: Superman goes to a hearing to explain himself and rather than actually giving the audience a chance to hear what he had to say - which probably would have been really interesting - an explosion happens and the scene ends. Rather than spending more time with Superman and Batman, we spend time setting up a brainless monster for them to fight at the end that has no impact on the story at all.

Wonder Women is lazily, haphazardly, and pointlessly shoehorned into the film for purely financial reasons and I defy anyone to argue otherwise. In the title fight, barely anything clever is utilized by the world's greatest detective and mostly they just punch each other and hit each other with sinks.

There's nothing brainy, deep, or deconstructive about Batman swinging Superman around with a rope or stabbing a completely one dimensional monster that has no dialogue - isn't even really a character so much as a plot point - with glowing green crystal spear.

This movie plays at having something deeper to say but it lacks any real substance, and it still contains all of the same silly shit Marvel movies have - glowing McGuffins, funny quips, endless explosion-filled fights - so I really don't know how anyone can pretend that it was just too smart for people. It was trying to do sixteen different things at once, and being 'smart' was relatively low on the list.
>>
>>79279017
>pitched battle is two factions walking towards each other on an open plain with everybody firing full auto even while walking right behind a bunch of allies, with artillery and cavalry thrown in

It doesn't take a lot for me to suspend my disbelief in sci-fi, but holy fuck
>>
>>79279017

Damn that's badass
>tfw Lucas knew what he was doing all along
>>
>>79278036
That was easy.
>>
>>79279017
It all looks so cartoony now
>>
File: IMG_5910.jpg (115KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5910.jpg
115KB, 670x377px
>>79284986
There is reason of why Joss Whedon's Avengers was sucessful. You DCucks don't understand why Whedon's magnum opus is better received than Dawn of Plebstice.

The whole movie is a thrilling representation of the Also Sprach Zarathustra, hidden between the CGI and corny jokes. It's a call to humanity, trying to tell us why we need to leave religions, to unleash our hidden nature.

Just take your time to analyze the characters:
>Steve Rogers; A man out of time, attached fervently to his religion, trying to ignore the fact that he is the Ubermensch incarnated and that he has seen things beyond his belief.

>Tony Stark; An iron man with so much wealth and power capable of create the most powerful armors. He didn't need someone beyond him to do that, he accomplished all of this with his own bare hands and effort. He realized that humanity doesn't need to be guided by someone with more strenght.

>Bruce Banner; The representation of the power that we hide so the rest wouldn't judge us based on their dogmas.

>Nick Fury; A man physically (but not mentally) blinded, that will not follow our brainwashed leaders.

>Thor and Loki; Powerful gods, surprised when they realize that our race is not willing to believe in them anymore.

>Natasha and Clint; the symbol of humanity, surrounded by the Ubermensch.

The story, the soundtrack, the cinematography and symbolism is exquisite. You will never find something like that in DC Capeshit because they aim at the manchildren fanbase. This, on the other hand, doesn't aim at an specific group, it aims at everyone, not caring about the race, age or colour. Is a desperate call to humanity, so we can get up and unite, to not serve another being, but to be the masters, the avengers.
>>
>>79284160
>I need everything explained to me in expository dialogue because I'm incapable of thought.
>>
>>79284160

2deep4u
>>
>>79279017
aged like milk
>>
>>79284986
Joss maybe a cuck, but he's been in TV and movies forever. He wrote, directed and produced stuff.

Snyder on the other hand only directed music videos before he did Dawn of the Dead. He's literally the definition of out of his depth.
>>
>>79286658

Strange.

Snyder has produced some masterpieces and all his films are actually decent-great and have a +15 target audience.
>>
Is 300 good?

I watched it when I was a teenager and I liked it, but I have a feeling if I watched it now it'd ruin it
>>
>>79278807
Horrible Bosses is the best comedy film released this decade, prove me wrong.

Protip: You probably could
>>
>>79284291
That's literally what they did in napoleon's times
>>
>>79278807
I don't think Ratner has any pretension about being a director-for-hire

Tower Heist was fun, fuck you
>>
>>79279017
It's the reverse of the Hoth battle.

Hoth happened at the start of Ep5 in the snow. Genosis happened at the end of Ep2. In Hoth the bad guys found the enemy base and won a phyrric victory, but failed strategically in that they couldn't capture Luke or the Han and the Millennium Falcon. In Genosis the good guys found the enemy base and won a phyrric victory, but failed strategically in that they couldn't capture Dooku or the Death Star plans, or find out who was really all behind it. Hoth looks like it was made 30 years ago. Genosis looks like it was made 30 years ago. Pottery af
>>
>>79284986
Uh, excuse me. It had the most iconic villian of the MCU. That big slug thing that kills NY
>>
>>79279017
which episode of clone wars is this?
>>
>>79285071
It doesn't work with Marvel flicks, it's literally popcorn tier shit
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (5KB, 332x152px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
5KB, 332x152px
>be WB exec
>see this during dailies
>oh fuck it's a shitshow
>start becoming more hands on on DCEU movies
>ruin suicide squad
>>
>>79278036
>Name a filmmaker more out of my depth

ftfy
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.