[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE REFERENCES LMAO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Griffin_family.png (91KB, 320x251px) Image search: [Google]
Griffin_family.png
91KB, 320x251px
DUDE REFERENCES LMAO
>>
Holy crap, Lois. This thread is worse than that time I met Val Kilmer at a pie eating contest
>>
>>79277058
This show is bad.
>>
File: king-of-the-hill-netflix.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
king-of-the-hill-netflix.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>79277058
>left-wing """""""""""""""""""""humor"""""""""""""""""""""

Why are conservatives so much better at writing comedy shows?
>>
>>79277325
I don't think King of the hill ever had a conservative agenda.
>>
>>79277487
It did, but you're indoctrinated with liberal humor which is largely just shitting on conservatives. KotH is what conservative humor looks like.
>>
>>79277518
Hey, i like King of the hill, but maybe Mike Judge doesn't enfore his conservative agenda as much as Seth Macfuckface does with family guy.
>>
oh man browsing /tv/ tonight sucks. this is just like the time I browsed /tv/ last night
>>
>>79277325

They aren't. You are just desperate to be included in some kind of circle-jerk where your ideals can be parroted back to you, making you feel connected. Hence, why you post in this shithole.
>>
File: 1464561389420.jpg (5KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1464561389420.jpg
5KB, 250x187px
>family guy is almost 20 years old
>>
File: 1485028042984.jpg (34KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1485028042984.jpg
34KB, 800x530px
>>79277765
>It's somehow still running.
>>
>>79277518
what is the king of the hell comedy other than the way they talk?
>>
>>79277058
IT SEEMS TODAY
THAT ALL YOU SEE
IS DERIVATIVE HUMOR
AND JOKES ABOUT PEE
>>
>>79277859
>literally every episode now is Peter and the guys doing something stupid for no reasons then blah blah Lois is mad blah blah manufactured conflict blah blah cut away blah blah sensitive moment at the end where Peter apologizes
>>
>>79278011
Along with them doing bad stuff but never suffering consequences because writing is to hard.
>>
>Brian: WOW THAT IS JUST LIKE SO THE CORRUPT GOVERNMENT OF TODAY'S SOCIETY, BLACKS ARE OPPRESED
>Stewie: Who asked you for your opinion?

The first time I saw it I actually thought it was funny, it was MacFarlane pointing fun at himself for once. Then it eventually just became the running joke that everything Brian says is leftist complaining and then Stewie complains about Brian's complaining.
>>
>>79278011
it's probably the most sterile show out there
>>
>>79278063
You seen that new episode where Russian terrorist hijack a plane and of course they stop them, along with quagmire somehow getting his passenger aircraft to get out of the way of missiles.
>>
>tfw you realize that, while crude, seasons 1-3 had actual animation
>>
>>79277892

KotH is more about the characters than jokes in the traditional sense. Once you know the characters and their different quirks and how they interact with others it becomes much funnier.
>>
>you will never have up to season 3 kino again.

It hurts.
>>
>>79278011
>>79278087

>Show starts as risque humor, clever writing, subversive jokes and observations, in opposition to mass-appeal sitcoms of the time
>Show starts to become very popular due to being a welcome break from the sterile, focus-grouped, and "safe" norm when it comes to TV
>Show becomes immensely popular, producers get just as rich and powerful as producers of other mass-appeal shows
>Producers are expected to meet deadlines and pump out more episodes/seasons than they bargained for, with a dwindling pool of ideas left over
>Producers have too much money on the line, too much of a reputation to risk, so they have to start playing it safe and tone things down for mass appeal and to give their production company a good name in the corporate world
>It's been so long since the pilot episode and when the producers were less wealthy and more down-to-Earth, that the show is losing relevancy, so they need to start using focus groups to keep things up to date with the changing styles, media, and sense of humour
>Show becomes a sterile, focus-grouped, "safe" mass-appeal sitcom just like the shows it used to oppose
>New show pops up from small production company that subverts and takes the piss out of sterile shows like what the initial show has now become

It's the usual cycle. Just add Family Guy to the list.
>>
>>79277325
>he doesn't realize KotH was meant to be a parody of rural american nationalistic ideology

wew
>>
Its kinda strange how the pre-cancellation FG compares to the post-one

The first three seasons actually had character development and didn't rely on cut away gags. Most of the emotional moments weren't forced and you actually had compassion for the characters.
I think Seth Macfarlence stopped being the showrunner when they were brought back and probably doesn't care about the show anymore
>>
>>79278739
it's like poetry
>>
>>79278845
The show doesn't really take a side, sometimes Hank is right and sometimes he is wrong. People interpret it in different ways and that is partly why it's so great.
>>
>>79278889
>>79278739
Funnily enough now that he has money Seth MacFarlane is much more handsome now then he was at the beginning of the show.
>>
>>79277325
man i read that bill's a murderer thing really fucked me up
>>
>>79279114
After reading the one about Tito from Rocket Power so many times, the Bill one didn't come as such a shock.
>>
>>79279114
What the one where Bill becomes king of the hill?
>>
>>79278889
Yeah but in that sense, it was totally unoriginal. Simpsons already had that shtick and did it a lot better.

I think maybe they wanted to differentiate themselves so they changed it up to le whacky cutaway gags and fourth wall breaks.

Modern Family Guy is becoming the most popular of all the major network cartoons. I guarantee the producers and MacFarlene know how shit it is, but they're probably too much money to really give half a fuck.
>>
>>79278889
>you actually had compassion for the characters
if you were a pleb maybe
>>
Just watch American Dad
>>
>>79279968
nice trey setheroth
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.