[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: melancholia_ver11.jpg (78KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
melancholia_ver11.jpg
78KB, 509x755px
Can someone explain this movie?
>>
everybody knew they were gonna die they just didnt accept it
>>
>>79266375
wtf I hate weddings now
>>
what don't you understand? brainlets i swer
>>
Dogville>dancer in the dark>europa>antichrist>element of crime>Breaking the waves>the boss of it all>manderlay>epidemic>nymphomaniac part 1>melancholia>nymphomaniac part 2

haven't seen the idiots, The Five Obstructions and Medea
>>
The Planet represent depression
>>
>muh depression
>>
>>79266375

She was depressed.

Von Trier thinks death is beautiful.

Thats about it
>>
>>79266614
it's more "death is inevitable." it's about the acceptance of that fact.
>>
>muh tarkovsky
>>
>>79266581
Pretty much this.

I also see it as her wallowing in her depression (literally wallowing around under the light of the planet) and by the end it encompasses and destroys her entire world as well as those around her.

>tfw watched this while clinically depressed and it actually inspired me to get better
>>
>>79266634
it wasnt just death though, it was premature death.
>>
>>79266375
Any nude shot of Dunst?
>>
Why did Charlotte Gainsbourg's character start getting all hysterical by the end of the movie?
>>
>>79266737
Bet you'd greet the destruction of humanity with a smile, you absolute alpha.
>>
>>79266685
good for you anon.

I always thought the planet was death not depression. dunst character struggles with it first, but she comes to terms before everybody else.
>>
File: kd11690777399.jpg (53KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
kd11690777399.jpg
53KB, 1280x544px
>>79266729
>>
>>79266581
>planet is called Melancholia
>"m-maybe it's about being melancholy!"

looks like we got a real Einstein here...
>>
>>79266809
Noice.
Il'l watch it.
>>
>>79266375
WHAT THE FUCK IS THERE TO EXPLAIN?
It is laid out for you, everything.
>>
>>79266805
she comes to terms with suicide if anything.
>>
>>79266737
because normal thinking people are afraid of death while depressed person may embrace it and think rationally while being so close to it
>>
Seeing Kirsten Dunst tits wasn't enough? You seriously needed to understand the plot?
>>
File: 1279339901857.jpg (10KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
1279339901857.jpg
10KB, 250x237px
>>79266809

The movie is not hard to understand but what the fuck was the point of this scene?

Does it mean that she has accepted her death? Why does she need to obsess with it though?
>>
>>79267489
shes bathing in the light of melancholia
>>
>>79267489
von Trier's a tits guy
>>
>>79267489
von Trier likes hamfisted imagery.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.