[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time For A Female Doctor Who?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: PP-Doctor-Who_2015.jpg (165KB, 1280x383px) Image search: [Google]
PP-Doctor-Who_2015.jpg
165KB, 1280x383px
Scottish actor Peter Capaldi, who has announced his departure from 'Doctor Who’,
says he wants a woman to take the role next. "I would like Frances De La Tour
(who played Madame Maxime in the 'Harry Potter'films) to be the first female
Doctor," Peter said in an interview on BBC Radio 1. 'Doctor Who' writer Mark
Gatiss has also said he thinks a female Doctor would be "really good for the
show". Peter, who was cast as Doctor Who in 2013, will step down at the end
of the year.
>>
File: frances_de_la_tour_2.jpg (210KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
frances_de_la_tour_2.jpg
210KB, 400x600px
>>79251058
>"I would like Frances De La Tour (who played Madame Maxime in the 'Harry Potter'films) to be the first female Doctor,"

Imagine watching that, episode after episode....
>>
>>79251058
To big a risk even if its going down the plug hole. If they do do it, I hope it kills the show once and for all.
>>
>>79251058
>I found the pleb
>>
>>79251092
And a young bloke as the companion, that would be grotty.
>>
Female dr....end of franchise. Sjw's rejoice. All mens fault.
>>
>>79252893
you type like a retard
>>
>>79251058
She's in her 70s, there's no way she'd be able to keep up with the pace of the show.
>>
Hayley Atwell is the only person who should do it, not that it should necessarily happen. It's a travesty that she isn't on TV at the moment.
>>
>>79251257
I think Capaldi and Gatiss both know full well it's never going to happen and are only out to score points with the tumblr crowd. Might as well say whatever they like, they're halfway out the door.
>>
>>79253468
This. The writers and actors can spout all of this shit about having a female doctor for the sake of societal good, or whatever shit they want to say to get brownie points. At the end of the day though, the higher-ups at BBC would probably just straight-up shut down any possibility of a female Doctor before it got past the drawing board. They're still the ones doling out the DW budget and advertising after all, they're the ones with the rights, and the BBC is still far more conservative than they let on.

Hell, apparently they're not even that happy with the way an older doctor has been going down. I expect Tennant/Smith aged male Doctors for the next few incarnations, and I'm completely okay with that.
>>
>>79253521
An older doctor would have been fine if they hadn't spent the entirety of Capaldi's first season going "hey look at this reference to classic DW! Capaldi is a lifelong fan you know." and actually developed him as his own character a bit.
>>
>>79251092
Oh. For some reason my mind jumped to Madam Hooch instead of that woman. Zoe Wanamaker would be pretty good but she played someone already, right? Not a huge fan of the show sorry if i'm being stupid.
>>
>>79252893
Hello, Rorschach.
>>
>>79251092
If they're going to fuck up Doctor Who by turning the doctor into a chick, they could at least make it a young sexy woman, or get somebody so impossibly androgynous that it's barely like he changed genders in the first place.

This old hag looks like Harriet Jones got hit by the Masters wacky aging screwdriver from the shitty series 3 finale
>>
>>79253594

And he was an old Doctor acting like a twat, with his guitar and sunglasses. Everything was cringey as fuck.

Hurt was a great old doctor, weary, seen too much, cantankerous, wise. Just like the old old doctors, before he became a simpering fez wearing twat.
>>
>>79252893
Sad!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.