[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Falling Down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: Falling_Down_(1993_film)_poster.jpg (31KB, 295x418px) Image search: [Google]
Falling_Down_(1993_film)_poster.jpg
31KB, 295x418px
Is it a good movie?
>>
>>79249416
Yeah it's not bad.
>>
>>79249687
What did you like and what did you hate?
>>
>>79250093
Theme, setting and story. Hated the bitch wife, just watch it, you'll like it.
>>
>>79249416
Great movie. Love those "descent into madness" type of movies, so I might be biased, though.
>>
>>79249416
If you live in pol, you'll love it
>>
The stuff with Robert Duvall's character was really poorly done, and the second half of the movie loses its way, but it was still a fun movie.
>>
>>79250566
t. sensitive minority
>>
>>79250093
Everything with Michael Douglas is great, the police investigation and the stuff with the wife felt like it was there just so there can be a conclusion.
>>
>>79249416
it's for retarded /pol/tards

prove me wrong
>>
>>79250654
>he didnĀ“t get it
lol what a pleb.
Don't even bother to reply.
>>
>>79250654
Not really, try watching it.
>>
>>79250598
All I can remember is he has an asshole boss or something and a cunt wife>>79250616
>>
>Falling Down

well you can't fall up.
>>
>>79249416
Pretty good. A simple movie that anybody could make, but nobody does anymore.
>>
>>79250654
Would
>NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE
Be in a /pol/ film?

Also,

>(directed at a neo nazi who says they're the same) "We are not the same. You're an asshole and I'm an American."
>>
No.

Just watch the first two seasons of BrBa for the same thing done better.
>>
>Life is being shitty so I'll chimp out on everyone
>>
>>79249416
It's got its moments. Just don't think too much about it or you'll realize he's actually just a giant asshole.
>>
>>79250654

The neo-Nazi s/k/inhead is as disgusting and despicable to Michael Douglas' character as the cholo gangsters and the horrifying abortion of a cheeseburger he gets served in the fast food joint. It's a movie about the ceaseless pressure that a consumerist welfare state places on the white-collar, middle-class working man. He is expected to be the pillar of the community, but there is no cultural foundation to support him - the family courts will suck him dry, the corporate fat cats will crush him into submission, and the undesirables and deplorables of LA's underbelly refuse to respect him.

It's a movie for your dad, not for /pol/.
>>
>>79250975
Trump did
>>
>>79251042
He did everything right with his life for his country and his country indifferently passed him by.
>>
>>79251064
What's wrong with realizing that?

It's kind of the point.

"I'm the bad guy? How'd that happen?"
>>
>>79251096
Wasn't he unemployed?
>>
It's a "it's okay when white people do it" the movie.

He complained about society, criminals and everything but at the same time he was a criminal, a murderer, a terrible husband and a violent man all along.
He lashed out against everyone but himself, which was the real cause of his problems.

But oh well, it seems going on a killing spree because you order breakfast when the time is over is a justified thing apparently.
>>
>>79251210

IIRC he got sacked from his engineering job before the start of the movie.
>>
>>79251210
He was a defense contractor (hence the novelty license plate "DFENS") who lost his job due to the end of the Cold War.
>>
>>79249416
It's a fucking Joel Schumacher movie, it's not good.
It's for mildly edgy 16 year old teens and stunted imdb users.
>>
>>79250926
Couldnt get past the scuffle with the korean.
Its a great premise but bad execution. Sad
>>
>>79251327
so he was an asshole making money over people's fear
>>
>>79251292
So what's your argument?

"this movie is bad because the protagonist is an asshole"?

that doesn't make it bad.

the great thing about this piece of kino is that the protagonist is in a moral grey area
>>
>>79251468
No, the bad acting, the nonsensical scenarios, the unnecessary plot with Prendergast, the predictable resolution makes it a bad movie.

>using the word kino unironically
>>
>>79251468
How is it grey, he chose his feelings over morality, how is it the company's faulty he could please his wife and didn't save up any money after all those years?
>>
He realises he's a complete dickhead when he's watching movies of his daughter and wife near the end but redeems himself by suicide by cop to get insurance money for his daughter

It's a good movie, edgelords on /tv/ think because a few images of him posted on /pol/ that it's a "right wing evil white bigot cis shitlord scumbag" but it's not like that. Watch it all the way through and you'll realise. Also Pentergast thing is boring I'll agree.
>>
File: 1389689408650.png (424KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1389689408650.png
424KB, 1000x562px
Imagine if they remade Falling Down with a black main character based on modern issues...
>>
File: leslie-jones[1].jpg (79KB, 650x407px) Image search: [Google]
leslie-jones[1].jpg
79KB, 650x407px
>>79252433
>>
>>79252480
Has she entered the spotlight then? Since someone leaked all the pictures of her beef flaps?
>>
>>79252510
>beed flaps
source plz?
>>
I thought it was the best film I saw for the first time last year and is now in my top 30. Forget about identity politics, it's a pretty emotional film
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>After all these years man, finally, Zyklon C!
>>
File: michael-douglas.png (271KB, 290x654px) Image search: [Google]
michael-douglas.png
271KB, 290x654px
>>79249416
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
Very relatable film.

This scene especially resonated with me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLmuF-0P4tk

>"I'm the bad guy? How did that happen? I did everything they told me to... they lied to me"
>>
>>79251292
>a terrible husband and a violent man all along

Prove it. Even the wife admitted he never physically attacked her. All he did was lose his temper verbally a few times, is that really such a heinous crime? He just wanted the kind of life society and the system told him he should have, his frustration and not being to live up to these ideals caused him to lash out. He was literally a victim of the system that he did so much to support.
>>
>>79253965
>This was USED man, I wonder how many kikes it took out.

how did they get away with it?
>>
File: 1473346941438.png (53KB, 258x235px) Image search: [Google]
1473346941438.png
53KB, 258x235px
Being a pleb is sympathizing with D-Fens and thinking that he's the hero.
Being a patrician is realizing that Prendergast was the protagonist all along.
>>
>>79254857
I couldn't respect Prendergast because he was such a pussywhipped faggot.
>>
>>79254105
dawg if you're gonna start doing this, you're gonna have your work cut out for you. The 2 people in Hollywood who aren't kikes have agreed to sell their soul to the kikes in exchange for their pure genes, much like how Ivanka was sacrificed so that Trump could be where he is today. The pact was made long before she was even born.
>>
>>79254904
This. Also it's heavily implied Prendergast's wife killed their infant daughter.
>>
>>79254904
>not respecting basically Not-Columbo
>>
>>79254904
It's a very clever film actually, since it sort of tricks you into symphatizing with D-Fens. But they practically spell it out in the end when it's revealed that he's not just some good guy that's taking justified revenge against the world but that he's actually a very troubled individual, lashing out at everyone and threatening random people.

Prendergast and D-Fens are actually in a very similar situation initially. Both have (or had) unhappy marriages, neither get any respect at work, both have in some way lost their daughter. The film even begins with both of them in the exact same place, pissed off while stuck in traffic. The big difference between them is that D-Fens acts in a way that's self-destructive and Prendergast acts constructively. The only times Prendergast is aggressive is when it's actually helpful, when he puts his wife in her place and when he punches his asshole coworker winning the respect of his peers. And in the end he gets to go home and eat his chicken, with the skin on, while D-Fens floats in the ocean having basically thrown away his life because he couldn't control his emotions.

Prendergast was the biggest alpha in the film all along.
>>
>>79254904
Fuck you captain.
>>
>>79250654
He kills a guy who thinks there's something political with his rampage.

Also back in the 1990's there was no issue with this movie. Now that the liberal have went full retard they see that as alt right propaganda where a white man refuses to play the good boy in front of his abusers anymore. It looks like too much like someone opposing to their very own agenda and they don't want anyone to have weird ideas like that.
>>
>WE'RE ROLLING BACK PRICES TO 1965
>1965 is when the Hart-Celler Immigration Act is passed which made America increasingly non-white

Really makes you think.
>>
>>79251339
Holy shit, Schumacher directed this? That's incredible, this movie is fantastic. Didn't know he had it in him.
>>
>>79255146
He was actually cuck. The only time things go right for him is when he starts getting too deep into D-FEN's mindset and imitating him.
>>
>>79252694
No, you don't want to see them but if you must just google it.
>>
D-FENS did nothing wrong
>>
>>79257244
What about that thing where he fired the rocket launcher into the sewer? While funny it probably fucked up traffic even worse.
>>
Not economically viable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7oglIAdnJM
>>
come on come on come on
give it to me give it to me give it to me
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.