[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Simpsons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3659.jpg (141KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3659.jpg
141KB, 952x536px
Should you watch it starting at season 1? What season should you start on?
>>
From the Tracey Ullman Show cartoons.
>>
>>79237729
>>
>>79237729
season 21, then season 14 and now in this following order

17 - 2 - 26 - 24 - 10 - 22 - 16 - 20 - 15 - the rest
>>
Season 2 is good but Season 3 on is great. I wouldn't bother with Season 1.
>>
File: 1480740980505.jpg (50KB, 445x280px) Image search: [Google]
1480740980505.jpg
50KB, 445x280px
>>79237729

Start with the very first episode on the Tracy Ullman Show then stop after the first episode and never watch this garbage again
>>
If you like the characters and don't mind it not being a constant stream of jokes you can start with 1 or 2. There are definitely some classic episodes even in the early weirdly drawn seasons. But it starts to get really funny in the 3-9 period imo
>>
season 2-8
>>
>>79237729
Believe it or not, I rewatched all 630 episodes this winter.
First season is more "dark" and I would recommend you watch it later on, when you appreciate the show more, then just go from s02.
One thing will baffle you(as did me), you will realize that 90% of "OC memes(even,or especially older ones)" on 4chan are just plagiarized jokes from Simpsons and Futurama.

I honestly believed that Simpsons went to shit long time ago, but they are actually only "family" cartoon KINO show.
Its unbelievable they are keeping this one level of quality\originality for 630 ep(I'm not saying they dont have bad EPs but if famguy\amdad survive that long to even see 500 episode, it will be visual manure)
>>
>>79239103
is this nu schizophrenia?
>>
1-9 are kino. I can't remember the season that it went downhill. The one with the clip show. Definitely by the Tokyo one.
>>
>>79240577
9 was the one where they changed the tone but it a while longer before they stopped writing funny jokes.
>>
>>79240577
>the one with the clip show
So, season 4?
>>
>>79237729
Season 1 is optional, I'd say, but if you wanna see black Smithers and other inconsistencies before they knew what they were gonna do with the characters and show go for it.
Otherwise, start with season 2 and go no further than season 10.
>>
>>79237729
Depends how old you are. It's probably better to start with something more relateable. The first few seasons have quite a few topical jokes that wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>79237729
Watch season 2-8 then every episode with phil hartman after that.
>>
>Not having the first 9 seasons on dvd

They are all solid with some bad episodes sprinkled in. You can basically stop after season 9 because thats when phil hartmans characters are retired after his murder.

Ironically south park is the same way around season 10 Issac hayes leaves the show and it goes straight downhill. Both shows just seem to change completely after those actors left.
>>
File: Simpsons_10_18.jpg (43KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons_10_18.jpg
43KB, 600x337px
>>79240678
no i was thinking of these kinds, like Simpson's Bible stories
>>
>>79240924
Those ones are the worst

>it's this famous story, but with Simpsons characters instead!

No creativity
>>
>>79241046
the only times it worked was with the Treehouse of Horror like the Shinning, The Raven etc.

>do not touch willie
>>
>>79237729
2. stop at 10.
>>
>>79242923
11 has a fitting ending tho
>>
We can never agree on the exact time Simpsons started to go on a downward trend. Someone always suggests that while season "x" wasn't the best, it picked up the next or whathaveyou. Constant back and forths from it being nine to the early double digit seasons
How about for a change we work out what season is the point where it stopped going down and no longer had anything salvageable in it left?
>>
>>79244930
The thing is, after Season 9 or 10, the bad started vastly outweighing the good. I'm looking at Season 12, and the only episode there that I remember being good and would bother watching again is "Skinner's Sense of Snow." Season 13 looks like exclusively crap.
>>
>>79244930
14 is probably the biggest nosedive tho it was already not great
the thing is that different things start to suck at different times; the acting for example stayed good long after the direction and writing didn't
eternal moonshine is often thought of as the last good episode by people who think there are some merit to later seasons
>>
>>79245770
The show was starting to flounder when the format turned into either "The Simpons go to [location]!" or "The Simpsons meet [random celebrity]!" It really took a nosedive when they abandoned that in favor of "It's a [random background character] episode!" I mean, who the fuck was clamoring for more backstory on Crazy Cat Lady or Squeaky-Voiced Teen? At this point, I wouldn't doubt if "Sarcastic Guy" got both a name and an entire episode dedicated to him.
>>
>>79245147
yeah that could have been a classic season episode
>>79246154
It's made worse by having to involve a family member even when it makes no sense. It would have been better to do the "tales from springfield" spinoff they were considering.
>I wouldn't doubt if "Sarcastic Guy" got both a name and an entire episode dedicated to him
or maybe it turns out that they're all related and live together or something
>>
I consider Maud Flanders to be a nice indicator of quality. The quality dropped for me after season 12.
>>
>>79237729
Season 1 is kind of bizarre. It's almost nothing like how the show would eventually become.
>>
>>79237729
1-10
>>
1-9 only, the quality went immediately downhill even at the start of 10
>>
>>79237729
Start with Sneed's Feed and Seed episode and then stop watching. That's really the high point of the show.
>>
>>79246784
https://deadhomersociety.com/2012/08/28/alone-again-natura-diddily-makes-baby-jesus-cry/
>>
Season 7 is the best by a mile
>>
>>79239103
>Its unbelievable they are keeping this one level of quality\originality
what quality\originality
>>
>>79238150
Absolutely the way the background story follows is insane, specially raking in count the way it is structured, still can't believe the way they had the Moe-Apu-Skinner feud develop in such a strong way without a single word.

Fuck it lads, i'm going to rewatch it now
>>
>>79249199
>apu sacrificing agnes to krishna
bit much, no?
>>
>>79250034
Maybe so but how else was he going to defend himself againt Moe's cult?
>>
Im doing that right now. The newer episodes aren't that bad, it's just weird to see some horrible episodes when pre 11 was almost perfect.
>>
>>79250637
Which season are you at?
>>
>>79250942
>>
Season 1 is great and has some amazing episodes. Ignore all of the plebs denying this.
>>
>>79251016
It get's worse.
>>
>>79251413
:(
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.