[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this movie so good? why is escape from LA so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: escapeposter.jpg (366KB, 1471x1125px) Image search: [Google]
escapeposter.jpg
366KB, 1471x1125px
why is this movie so good? why is escape from LA so bad?
>>
>>79233586
NY sold the retarded story with perfect atmosphere and great acting playing it straight (minus Cabbie)

LA didn't care, it was Gremlins 2 done wrong
>>
they're both shit
>>
It's not that great. Campy Snake is the only thing that really keeps it together, the rest is just decent story ideas and cheap but serviceable production design.
>>
>>79233586
THOSE SYNTHS MAN
>>
>>79234424
https://youtu.be/Q3_QOVaBA98
>>
>>79233586
NY is good, LA is fun. i enjoyed both, but you shouldn't take LA seriously.
>>
>>79233586
NY was dark, gritty, and made sense in the world they constructed. LA was the same movie, but more like some bad carnival ride based on NY.
>>
>>79233586
https://youtu.be/2_E9ebt1a_s
>>
>>79233586
Why don't they make obscure scifi films anymore?

I was wondering this when i watched demolition man the other day.
>>
I used to like it but then I watched RLM and now I know better
>>
>>79233586
Shot in an actual urban hellscape - East St. Louis.
>>
>>79236260
>>demolition man

not ghosts of mars... le sigh
>>
>>79234063
>NY sold the retarded story with perfect atmosphere and great acting playing it straight

This.

>>79233586
>why is escape from LA so bad?
Less moral ambiguity: The President is definitely Evil in LA
Forced comedy as seen in the Beverly Hills segment and Pam Grier as a transsexual
Way too much self-referential humor, as seen when Snake gets his edgy trenchcoat ensemble
Soundtrack has too many songs as opposed to NY's ambient synth
Reverses Snake's character development from NY
Swipes way too plot much from NY although the Muslim/Arab girl subplot was actually pretty good
>>
>>79236260
Because for some reason in this day and age of social media they just have to spend hundreds of millions on marketing and advertising, and they need that money back
If Demolition Man was released today, it would be panned for its themes and they wouldn't break even
>>
anyone else wish the movie went full ATMOSPHERE and there was very little dialogue or action except for snake's breifing at the start
>>
>>79236260
>Why don't they make obscure scifi films anymore?
i'm not sure i get the question, how do you define obscure?
>>
Do people really hate escape from LA that much. The entire thing is tounge and cheek, and rides the line between satire and action
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.