[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't people like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: godfather3.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
godfather3.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Why don't people like it?
>>
>>79228410
>sophia coppola is shit in it
>garcia is little less shit in it

rest could have worked, but those two were the main actors and fucked it up.
>>
Helicopter attack scene completely took me out of the movie.
>>
Too real and close to the real world for the sheeple.

Whereas 40s/50s gangaster were "all in the past" and now way humans can be that corrupt to day still.
>>
>>79228410
needed Robert Duvall badly
>>
>>79228484
why?
the lucky coat?
>>
>Godfather I
>exposes the corrupt elements within society
>Godfather Part II
>exposes the corrupt elements within the US Government
>Godfather Part III
>exposes the corrupt elements within the Vatican and the Papacy itself
>Michael Corleone basically buys his way into the Illuminati with the $600m donation to the Vatican bank
>buys a controlling share of Immobilare which in this flick is also a stand in for the secret Illuminati bloodline
>its mentioned that Immobilare has 13 members on the board and Michael now controls a majority of the chairs

gee I wonder why so many people "hate" it
>>
>>79228712
that and the whole thing felt too "out there" as an organized hit.
>>
>>79228820
You gotta admit that 3rd movie really doesn't feel like the previous two though
>>
>>79228867
True. I really enjoyed the character of Joe Zaza. Originally he was supposed to be Willie Cicci from the first 2 movies but the actor, Joe Spinell, died. Shame, I loved him in both Godfathers and the first 2 Rocky movies. Played a real good mafia hood.

It's interesting though. Cicci testifies against Michael before the Senate Hearing in Part II. How the fuck would he end up in control of the Family business in NYC by the time III rolls around? This has always bugged me
>>
>>79229357
that's why they change it
how was the helicopter attack on the book?
>>
>>79229821
They changed it because the actor died, can you read? There was no helicopter attack in the book because there was no Godfather part III book
>>
All 3 Godfather movies are garbage.
>>
>>79229946
but it wouldn't have made sense as you said cause he testified against them so it was nice that he died.
>>
>>79228410
Plot is fucking dumb.

I didn't mind Sophia Coppola but the plot is stupid and convoluted.
>>
>>79228410
lots of tv-actors in it.
>>
>>79230019
I would have liked to have seen them try and explain it away. The guy was a great actor. Kill yourself bud
>>
It's good but not great like the other two so people just steer to the extreme and say it's shit.
>>
Reminder that 2 is a worse retread of 1 and it's only liked more because it's "darker" and had the Vito flashbacks
>>
>>79228410
Too many emotional bullshit. Too colorful, acting was kind of meh. Even though the vatican is boring, it could have worked with everything else fixed. Sophia Coppola is cringeworthy. No Tom. But overall, it is (for me) that there's less criminal drama, and more family drama the reason I don't like it that much.
>>
>>79230164
2 is worse than 3? Haha.
>>
>>79228410
because it's super boring?!
>>
>>79230299
I haven't seen 3, not interest in it
>>
>>79230369
yes you are
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.