[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is backflipping ever acceptable behaviour during a fight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: urturtyurt.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
urturtyurt.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
Is backflipping ever acceptable behaviour during a fight?
>>
>>79224127
Even as a kid that struck me as retarded. Wouldn't it have just been easier to run? I think it got included because that dude was a stuntman and they probably wanted to show off his skills. Generally it doesn't pay to think too hard about Highlander.
>>
>>79224187
It is one of the strangest scenes that I can remember. Fair enough, it's a fantasy film, but that scene just messes with my head. It's just so utterly bizarre!
>>
>>79224303
It sort of represents the film as a whole: looks cool, makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>79224187
>Wouldn't it have just been easier to run ?
Tough question
>>
Tomorrow I will backflip at least twice.
>>
What you've gotta remember is this is someone who's survived centuries of sword fights. He was one of the last four immortals probably because of his bizarre style. You can't decapitate a back flipping man. It's like how in nature an animal born with a strange variant will survive simply because it breaks the norm. Plus weirding out his enemies probably gave him an edge in battle.
>>
>>79224848

And if we take this behaviour into the realm of the kind of fights anons might be getting into then weirding-out effect is even more powerful. If a dude starts doing backflips and shit you'll most likely become wary of him because you just don't know what he'll do next.
>>
>>79224848
Excellent post. I have gained a new found respect for Fasil's unorthodox technique.
>>
>>79224848
Kudos on coming up with a decent explanation there anon.
>>
>>79224848
>You can't decapitate a back flipping man
How did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>kurgen fucks his girlfriend

kinda triggered
>>
>>79224957
By virtue of Fasil not getting decapitated during a sick flip
>>
Who dresses up in an expensive suit to go to a wrestling match?
>>
>>79225072
800-year-old former Crusaders, obviously
>>
Who wins, backflip Fasil or High Ground Obi Wan?
>>
>>79225096
Spinning Sheev.
>>
>>79225096
by flipping, Fasil is constantly changing 'from his point of view' therefore neutralizing Obi-Wans 'High Ground'. It all comes down to experience after that so the question is wheter Obiwan had more Sith-Lord speciality-moves or if being 800 fucking years old gave Fasil the edge.
>>
Fasil is flipping cool!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.