[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or did no one even care that he died?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: 0219-philip-seymour-hoffman-2.jpg (61KB, 700x397px) Image search: [Google]
0219-philip-seymour-hoffman-2.jpg
61KB, 700x397px
Is it just me or did no one even care that he died?
>>
Steve Bannon is still alive.
>>
>>79215189
Who is that
>>
>tfw no tribute for PSH but everybody crying over Mary Tyler Moore
>>
>>79215217
>PSH will never play him in the inevitable Trump biopic

Sad.
>>
>>79215189
he played weird funny side characters. his serious drama roles were shit

he should know better than to get dirty H

plus he wasnt jewish. so hollywood doesnt care
>>
>>79215245
Basically it's because he was fat. They did a study that found that fat people are the most reviled in the world, and the many ways they are snubbed are subtle and unconscious. As a former fat guy I can tell you for a fact the way society treated me was 100 X better after I lost weight.
>>
>>79215189

People turned on him when they found out it was a drug overdose.
>>
>>79215189
Another white boy who died, who cares

Another woman free for the BBC
>>
>were supposed to care about a degenerate loser that made his kids grow up without a dad
>>
>>79215189
he died on Super Bowl Sunday
he just wanted to get high and watch football in a dark room by himself ;_;
>>
>>79215189
I'm still sad desu, maybe because I didn't appreciate his roles until after his death.
>>
>>79215245
>>79215336
its because he was a junkie piece of shit so that tarnished his reputation, where as MTM died of old age after having been a trail blazer in hollywood for most of her life/ If he had died of natural causes or accidentally more people would have cared
I honestly think he killed himself
>>
>>79215189

I remember people being more bothered by the possibility of him not having done all his scenes for the last hunger games movie
>>
>>79215430
People still cry about cobain and he was a junky that killed himself.
>>
>>79215306
Who would play Trump?
>>
>>79215527
Idris Elba
>>
>>79215189

who?
>>
>>79215189
He didnt care either so why should we? 25th hour is one of my favourites of all time though.
>>
>>79215189
People cared, just not for that long. He was young so he didn't have time for his legacy to really blossom
>>
>>79215245
>crying over Mary Tyler Moore
iktf
>>
Did John Hurt get his sticky?
He died btw
>>
>>79215527

Owen Wilson in a fatsuit
>>
>>79215493
the only people who still cry over cobain are pot heads who still think its the 90s or millennials who got into him a few years ago. Sound garden was better anyway
>>
>>79215189
Phillip Seymour Hoffman has always occupied a standing similar to Sam Neill in my awareness. I don't think Sam Neill's death would get as much coverage as Hoffman.

>you will live to see them all die
>>
>>79215336
my theory is that we subjectively reject all fat people from our in-group on some level because we all identify it as the the most different and the weakest. One subconscious feature we have is our awareness of socially relevant individuals amongst groups of people. One pressure to be aware of such group differences is, well, in case shit kicks off.
>>
It's okay because he did Synecdoche, New York before croaking.
>>
>crying over a fucking junkie

pathetic
>>
>>79215189
>caring about some faggot from the hunger games
>>
It's just you. I'll never forget I worked with this guy who had a rare brain condition. He seemed really low-functioning, but when Hoffman died he made a really touching, lengthy post about him on Facebook that I'll just never forget. He really looked up to him.
>>
File: dr weir.jpg (64KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
dr weir.jpg
64KB, 620x400px
>>79215822
WHERE WE'RE GOING WE WON'T NEED EYES TO SEE
>>
>>79215189
better actor than DDL and Joaquin Phoenix
>>
>>79215189
Hollywood is the drug. You either snort, shoot up, and smokeblow yourself away.... Nobody cares if you live or die in Hollywood.
>>
>>79215937
I was fat as fuck (over 300lbs) and I literally never had this problem. People never treated me like shit, in fact they always vastly underestimated my weight and treated me like I was buff than fat. I always found it really odd because the other fatties seemed so miserable and pathetic to me as a child. The only difference is that now that I'm thin I have many more women hitting on me.
>>
>>79215336
Nah people were sad as fuck when fat fuck Farley died. Philip Seymour whatshisface was just in Oscarbait all the time and wasn't really that well known, he was a good actor but it's not like he was some icon.
>>
>>79215336
i wish i was a former fat guy :(
>>
the guy was pretty evil, remember what he did in Mission Impossible 3?
>>
>>79216354
This, the dude was a fucking machine
>>
>>79215988
>implying a the Jewish elite didn't asassinate him and plant the drugs on his body
>>
>>79215430
People didn't care because most people don't understand what a powerful actor her was. Simple as that.

Hoes will still defend Chris Brown. People still moan about Paul Walker driving like an idiot and wrapping himself around a tree. Fat girls and bimbos still idolize Monroe. Pot heads love Cobain.

Everyone is going to remember Yelchin for his role in Star Trek, but the dude had immense potential. How many normies do you think saw Synecdoche New York, Doubt, The Master, or Capote? Normies will just remember him as the chubby guy from The Hunger Games and that's it.
>>
>>79215636
Yes he did
>>
>>79215309
>his serious drama roles were shit
wow
How could one post be so wrong
>>
>>79215189
I cared. I still care. He had a lot of good roles left in him. He had more talent than just about anyone.
>>
>>79215341
THIS
and he didn't pick up his kids from school because he was dead.
what an inconsiderate corpse
>>
It's rumored that he fell off the wagon at The Master wrap party when he had some offered wine. A lot of times people OD on heroin because they go back to the dose that they were doing before they quit

I was sad as shit the day he died. Truly one of the greats. Just didn't have as much mainstream love to get a ton of attention
>>
>>79215527
Alec baldwin
>>
File: 1381200912457.png (75KB, 316x208px) Image search: [Google]
1381200912457.png
75KB, 316x208px
>>79215720
Fuck it's perfect
>>
File: robin-williams.jpg (215KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
robin-williams.jpg
215KB, 2000x2000px
>>79215189
I still haven't gotten over Robin Willaims's death
I miss him and PSH a lot
>>
Yeah we did. We mourned and then meme'd the photos of celebrities at his funeral.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.