[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where exactly did everything go wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1485534387071.png (537KB, 755x562px) Image search: [Google]
1485534387071.png
537KB, 755x562px
Where exactly did everything go wrong?
>>
>>79210985
When japan sold the rights to super sentai to a jew,
>>
2007. The year everything went completely wrong.
>>
>>79210985
When they didn't bring Kamen Rider in the 90's
>>
Blame the committee who's job it is design a brand new line of toy designs every 6-12 months for decades
If you really want to go to the source, Blame Apple for forcing everyone on the planet to buy into the "sleek design with oblong shaped and rounded edges" meme
>>
>>79211807
Correct. It's the year I left high school.
>>
>>79212770
You can blame Apple for many things, but you can't blame Apple for THIS.
This whole movie is the manifestation of what happens if no one has a slight clue what to do with a franchise.
Just answer me this: For who is this movie?
>>
>>79212967
It's for people who are at least vaguely aware of the franchise but haven't seen it or aren't particularly invested in it beyond muh nostalgia, it's the audience that capeshit and transformers pioneered.
>>
>>79213053
>it's the audience that capeshit and transformers pioneered

Wow, never realized that Power Rangers are exactly a combination of both. I'm actually mind blown.
>>
>>79212967
It's for parents who recognize the name "Power Rangers" so they can shut their kids up for 90 minutes, and for manchildren
>>
File: Kyuranger1.jpg (236KB, 800x461px) Image search: [Google]
Kyuranger1.jpg
236KB, 800x461px
How about that new shit though?
https://youtu.be/iU2CGUDv538
>>
>>79213436
jesus christ. two super senpai failures this year?
>>
File: VoltronDieCastLionLoose1a.jpg (89KB, 505x864px) Image search: [Google]
VoltronDieCastLionLoose1a.jpg
89KB, 505x864px
>>79210985
Right after here.
>>
>>79213545
I think it looks promising. Something different from the pretty standard ninja and animal themes of the past two years. Ninja Steel is just as bad as the rest of neo-saban Power Rangers though, so there's definitely at least two failures this year.
>>
>>79212967
>you can't blame Apple for THIS.

But it looks exactly like what apple would design a giant (five color) robot to look like.
>>
>>79213729
I respect your opinion, but the fucking furry character and the robot are just too much for me.
>>
>>79213799
Not really. Too many colors and edges, and not sleek enough. It looks more like Bay Transformers, but they're not at fault either. Some exec looked at the Transformers and said "Hey that's how our movie should look!" and they were dead wrong. Transformers had no control over this, and were therefore not at fault.
>>
>>79213849
I get it. I guess I'm just used to that sort of thing at this point, especially considering the series that just ended.
>>
>>79214238
Yeah, it's just too whacky and far out for me. i like comfy teenagers as my rangers.
>>
>>79214339
I think that's true for most of the PR audience, so I'm guessing if either of those get brought over they'll just switch the suits to regular rangers. That kind of stuff works in Japan but it would be weird to see it come over.
>>
>>79210985
>LET'S MAKE IT SLEEKER BUT ALSO OVER-DESIGN THE FUCK OUT OF IT!!!

That seems to be how everyone does it these days.
>>
File: btsv_3524.jpg (256KB, 1472x1962px) Image search: [Google]
btsv_3524.jpg
256KB, 1472x1962px
>>79213547
i think you mean here
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.