[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Deer Hunter Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: The_Deer_Hunter_poster.jpg (22KB, 229x350px) Image search: [Google]
The_Deer_Hunter_poster.jpg
22KB, 229x350px
Finally saw this for the first time, what a great fucking movie.
>>
It's moderately good if you skip the boring first hour.
>>
>>79211202
3/10
>>
>>79211202
word
>>
>>79210762
Name a more intense scene in film history then the final Russian Roulette
>>
The whole urban, impoverished steel factory setting always makes me uneasy.
>>
Can anyone rec me more war films where the focus is more on how war changes the characters when they return home than actual battle scenes? Hurt Locker attempted to do this but it wasn't nearly as poignant.
>>
>>79211377
The setting doesn't bother, but working class ethnic white guys always bothers me for some reason. Poles, Italians, Irish, something about them is annoying
>>
cimino should've cut down the wedding scene desu senpai
>>
>>79210762
How did Mike get back into Saigon so easily?
>>
>>79211202
>>79211479

The wedding scene is the ultimate pleb filter.
>>
>>79211439
What a strange notion.

>>79211436
The Deer Hunter is all she wrote on the subject.
>>
>>79211251
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBqbMZ23n5o

This is the only one I can think of that rivals it, but roulette is more intense I think. That scene left me so drained afterwards, I felt like I had actually lived through it.
>>
>>79211436
Maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but The Master. You never see the war but it begins with the main character coming home from WW2 and trying to adapt, although he was always a bit of a misfit.

Also The Pacific miniseries on HBO did a pretty good job of this in the final episode, if you don't mind committing to a series.
>>
>>79211439
>italian/irish working class guy
Well fuck you too buddy
>>
>>79210762
>At last I have truly become... The Deer Hunter
That was my favorite scene
>>
>>79211869
>The Master
I see where you're coming from but in that scene where PSH is asking Freddy all those questions about his childhood and home life iirc it sounds like his fucked up personality stems from that than the war. 10/10 movie though

>The Pacific
Thanks for reminding me I need to watch that, along with Band of Brothers and Generation Kill
>>
>>79212254
If you haven't seen any of them, watch Band of Brothers first since it's more solid than Pacific. I still need to watch Generation Kill though, I've heard it's fantastic.
>>
>>79211436

The Thin Red Line
>>
>>79211251
All I could think was Nickie was there for months sending back money to his friend, presumably earned from being a regular shooter at the Russian Roulette table. Yet statistically he wouldn't survive more than a handful of shots, and certainly not dozens.
>>
The wedding scenes were way too long but besides that love the film
>>
>>79213076
I think one of the Roulette guys said he played "many times", but considering Russian Roulette has a pretty high turnover rate of players, "many times" could mean only around 6 or 7 games. It's still unlikely but possible.
>>
>>79210762
Poor man's Bad Grandpa.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.