[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Star Wars Ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 150milliondollartoycommercial.jpg (44KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
150milliondollartoycommercial.jpg
44KB, 630x630px
You now remember that this movie came out a month and a half ago... and made a billion dollars of its name alone.
>>
>>79210722
I don't care anymore, disney will be shitting out star wars films every year, and i'll be dead before they're done.

We can't fight it

i can't fight it

you can't fight it

JUST give up
>>
But Rogue One was actually a great Star Wars Film.
>>
>>79211243
Average action adventure movie with a Star Wars paint job. TFA was a beat for beat Star Wars soft-reboot and still manages to be a better film.
>>
I was really excited they were gonna get fun or deep or something but it was dead pan except all the large moving parts of course which worked by the sheer will of millions of dollars but still. They ripped star wars into two one grim dark and one coincidental and dramatic. I will always hope they just made one movie with the ideas for two.
>>
File: sw1.png (323KB, 750x650px) Image search: [Google]
sw1.png
323KB, 750x650px
>>79210722
>Worst Star Wars Ever
>>
>>79211243
this
>>
>>79211319

TFA was a more standard SW movie.

Rogue One did SW from a different angle and it worked even if it was not a great movie.
>>
>>79210722
oh, hi /pol
>>
>>79211422
If its a different angle what about it makes it a Star Wars movie? X-wings? Its drab and one tone movie with no heart put into it. You end up cheering for Vader at the end when he slaughters a group of rebels... that literally makes no sense. Its like cheering for the nazi in saving private ryan.
>>
File: dark_side_stronk.jpg (677KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
dark_side_stronk.jpg
677KB, 1280x1811px
>>79211478

It's a fanservice movie for SW fans.

And Empire was always more popular.
>>
>>79210722
It took the worst elements of TFA and made an entire movie around it.

No heart
Everyone only cares about the mission
CGI motion cap characters for no reason
Fan service
Under developed characters
No romance
>>
>>79211553
I don't fucking want fan service that serves no fucking purpose in the movie. If its made for fans why are so many of them divided?
>>
>>79211243
yup
>>
>implying OP is a real Star Wars fan
>implying knows the deep lore and references in Rogue
>>
>>79211567
>No romance
>bad
>>
>>79211376
>The Phantom Menace delves deep into Star Wars mythology while breaking new narrative and aesthetic ground -- and suggesting a colorful blockbuster future for the franchise.

>Burdened by exposition and populated with stock characters, Rogue One gets the Star Wars prequels off to a bumpy -- albeit visually dazzling -- start.
>>
>>79211729
>thinks romance means love
The last ten minutes of Jyn and Cassian was burdened by the obvious cut romantic gesturing.
>>
>>79211692
I am.

I love TFA.

RO average at best.

It's best scene is a fan service cumsplosion of Vader killing ppl for 30 seconds. Sad!
>>
>>79211813
That's because it was forced and didn't deserve that ending. Literally no sexual tension between them all movie, and then it just shoves it down our throat.
>>
>>79211853
Because it was cut from earlier in the movie and then they had two platonic characters at the end in a very "romantic" situation.

But I guess at this point I am being autistic, if the rumored original cut is to be believed.
>>
>>79210722
Best movie since 5

>nice b8 m8
>>
>>79212399
Did you feel invested in the characters in this movie?
>>
>>79211478
Because it showed an actual battle on the ground that was more logical then laser sword white samurai magicians pulling force magic outta their hands.
>>
>>79211613

Literally every SW fan I know loved Rogue One.

It's the mainstream that is divided.
>>
>>79212518
Yeah very much.

I understand that other people found it difficult because there is a lot going on but most main character had an arc which is fantastic.
>>
>>79210722
Fuck off RLM shill, this movie shits on the prequels
>>
>>79212518

I never felt invested with Luke either.

SW never had good characters or deep writing.
>>
Second best Star Wars movie
>>
File: IMG_1241.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1241.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
*sad bunny noises*
>>
>>79212641
I don't think "The original movies were just as bad" is ever a valid defense when their status in our culture as "great" films is so heavily predicated on nostalgia.
>>
>>79211567
Don't you think it's stupid to expect romance just because two characters of different sex interact with each other ? They go through some stressful stuff, I don't think they would have time to develop romantic feelings. This whole cliche of "hero gets the girl" is tired and lame to be honest family
>>
>>79210722
It's the third best SW movie. Fuck off contrarians.
>>
File: Cunk.jpg (7KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
Cunk.jpg
7KB, 250x249px
>>79210722

That isn't The Phantom Menace...
>>
>>79212641
Luke is meant to be a bland self insert character like Harry Potter
>>
>>79212947
What's the second ? I'm assuming Empire is the best, right ?
>>
>>79213038
the original
>>
>>79213042
My opinion too
>>
File: IMG_0108.jpg (144KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0108.jpg
144KB, 600x800px
R1 knew it was fancervice and embraced it.

TFA knew it was fanservice and pretended to be something else.
>>
>>79213209
>R1 knew it was fancervice and embraced it.
I don't think embracing something that is inherently autistic is ever a positive thing.
>TFA knew it was fanservice and pretended to be something else.
How was TFA pretending to be something else though. Both films felt like very overt fan service.
>>
File: tuck.png (274KB, 390x380px) Image search: [Google]
tuck.png
274KB, 390x380px
>>79213259
>inherently autistic
>>
>>79212683

if it came by, i would feed it cabbage and lettuce, and pat it because it is so cute
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.