[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trek/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: ST_DSC_svg.png (113KB, 885x266px) Image search: [Google]
ST_DSC_svg.png
113KB, 885x266px
I have a friend who's a professional photographer, he takes still photos for film and television productions, and he's working on the set of Star Trek Discovery right now as they're filming the pilot episode. He had to sign a non-disclosure agreement but he did say that something in particular is really big and will be really controversial. He didn't say whether this was a good or a bad thing, but my gut tells me it's for the worst.

So what are you expecting for the new show? Let's discuss.
>>
I love all the people splurging on reddit about how they don't want to pay the "CBS All Access subscription fee."
>>
>>79209823
Trans captain
>>
>>79209969
Go back
>>
Official True Facts Copypasta for Star Trek: Discovery [version 0.9]

The Good
>created by Bryan Fuller
>Rod "my father is a shitbag" Roddenberry producing
>Nicholas Meyer (Star Treks II, IV and VI) in the writers' room
>Joe Menosky (Darmok and other classics) in the writers' room
>Doug Jones as a science officer on the USS Discovery
>Anthony Rapp as another science officer on the USS Discovery
>Michelle Yeoh as a recurring character and the captain of another ship
>airing on Netflix worldwide (except in America and Canada)

The Neutral
>Sonequa Martin-Green as the executive officer (and lead character) of the USS Discovery
>James Frain as Young Sarek
>Emily Coutts piloting the ship
>some Klingons on another ship are recurring characters
>TOS era

The Bad
>Bryan Fuller has left, saying "I’m not involved in production, or postproduction"
>Alex Kurtzman producing
>Akiva Goldsman producing
>first episode on TV, then all subsequent episodes only on CBS All Access (in America)
>a fucking prequel

That's it. That's all we know.
>>
>>79209823
I want to get into Trek, but I hear the original series is only worth watching if you have a childhood attachment to it

I got through 70s Doctor Who and liked it as an adult, is it worth watching Trek? Or should I skip to the movies? Also, I've seen the Abrams ones so I know the character names and stuff
>>
>>79209969
Those people sound like fucking misers. Any real Trek fan can afford $10 to support something they love.

For god's sake, RLM is getting thousands of people to throw Patreon dollars at them for their little YouTube sketches. For fuck's sake, I think you can afford to support a TV show with a multi-million dollar budget.
>>
>>79211068
It's worth it to at least TRY.

Try watching every TOS episode, in production order (The Cage followed by Where No Man Has Gone Before followed by The Corbomite Maneuver and so forth). If you can't stand it, it's worth it to try watching the very best episodes, so come back here and we'll tell you what to skip.

Same for TNG. Try watching every episode in order. If you struggle too much, then come back here and we'll tell you what to skip so that you can watch just the very best. It doesn't matter whether you watch TOS first or TNG first, it's just important that you watch them both.

After you have finished watching both TOS and TNG, then you should watch DS9 as well.
>>
>>79211122
But we won't know if it's shit or not until we see it
>>
>>79211213
Okay you've convinced me, thanks
>>
File: Daniel_Kwan.jpg (419KB, 849x988px) Image search: [Google]
Daniel_Kwan.jpg
419KB, 849x988px
>Human/Napean hybrid

He's like the Elliot Rodger of the future
>>
>>79211068
People who can't watch things because "it's too old xD" are of the lowest intelligence.
>>
>>79211663
The first episode will air for free on CBS so you can watch that, plus it works like netflix so wait a season or two then binge 30 episodes in a month for $7 if you'd like.

Or just pirate it like most people will. It'll be on Netflix in everywhere by US and Canada.
>>
>>79210481
>>some Klingons on another ship are recurring characters
I don't know why people are shitting on this in some threads. Martok, Gowron and other recurring Kliggers were GOAT
>>
>>79211213
Can't you just skip The Cage because of The Menagerie?
>>
>>79209823
Re:post
Man|Machine LARkin+ will achieve the role of first trans corporeal captain in Starfleet when an away mission to dismantle the mammon machine dysrupts his EM field catalyzing a topple effect that attenuates downward through his spine.
Result of the accident leaves him in a state of quantum flux but the Starfleet science research division helps utilize anti-tachyon bombardment therapy to allow him to achieve a sub-space layering, effectively bringing him into a parallel dimension.
>>
>>79211728
>actively attempting to remind people of season 7

Although I forgot about that episode. Worf cucking Troi with Ensign Bunsen Burner was spectacular.
>>
>>79209969
Well, when BB comes back on, I guess I can go and watch all the episodes, but unless there's topless lesbian sex in the pilot, I ain't subscribing.
>>
>>79210481
I have heard more.

Either a Muslim or a gay/trans character.

Very very serial and not so ship in a bottle like all of Trek has been.

I also haven't seen a new release date which is worrisome.
>>
File: kazon.jpg (26KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
kazon.jpg
26KB, 500x400px
>>79211122
>Any real Trek fan can afford $10 to support something they love.

Why the fuck would I paying for a tv show that is full of commercials?
>>
>>79213019

I've heard that there will be a pay-per-episode fee IN ADDITION to the monthly fee (plus commercials).
>>
>>79212107
Because Discovery takes place before the treaty.
>>
File: 1484380397182.jpg (66KB, 628x617px) Image search: [Google]
1484380397182.jpg
66KB, 628x617px
>>79211122
>Those people sound like fucking misers. Any real Trek fan can afford $10 to support something they love.

Except just about everything they've reported regarding the new series is not at all what I love about Star Trek. Had they announced something "lovely" I would definitely give CBS my money.

End transmission.
>>
>>79213019
You heard rumors, not announcements.

Anybody can make up a rumor. You probably read it from one of the memesters here.
>>
>>79210481
I've heard there's an unexpected time travel element to the show as well. By the end of the season the crew of the Discovery will be in post-VOY Federation, although it's unclear if this is a permanent change or just a cliffhanger (like what ENT did with Shockwave).
>>
>>79213826
And? Klingons were everywhere in the TOS era
>>
Anyone know if the transporters are cargo only? That would help the show to limit that.

I really hope they don't try go retro with the tech. We already have a lot of TNG era technology aesthetics today please don't put switches and knobs everywhere.

I believe we are getting a lot of time on the Klingon ships. Fuck I hope it is subtitled and they speak their own language.

Also NO UNIVERSAL TRANSLATOR. PlZ
>>
>>79212166
Absolutely, the cage is redundant.
>>
>>79210481

Wait, so if Americans have to watch it on CBS All Access and everywhere but Canada and the US have it on Netflix, where does that leave Canada?
>>
I hope they don't go degenerate like every other show and throw tits about willy nilly
>>
>>79215742
fuck off, leaf.
>>
>>79214859
It takes place after Enterprise, so we absolutely have universal translators and transporters transporting people.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.