[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie has good performances, nice cinematography, decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Fury_2014_poster.jpg (40KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fury_2014_poster.jpg
40KB, 270x400px
This movie has good performances, nice cinematography, decent acting overall, is a fun thrilling and touching story, lacks some depth and a better script but why is so overlooked/overrated? give me your opinions anon, also, did you watch it in theaters or at home, me both, i felt that watching it at home was a better experience in this particular case
>>
>>79208317
Well when it came out, literally every thread here instead of talking about the movie, started talking about WW2 tanks and artillery and either descended into /k/-trolling, /pol/-trolling or serious discussions about her body of work.
>>
>>79208317
It was really fucking distracting that the tracers were fucking lasers. Made engagement look like star wars.
>>
>>79208317
that finale tho
>>
>>79208317
Wasn't this one of the movies that got caught up in the Sony hacks?
>>
ending was purely moronic
>>
>>79209164
Go on.
>>
This movie was just a piece a shit. All over the place and very stupid. ''WE'RE HERE TO KILL NAZIS AND SHOOT!!11!111!" Every American military except Brad Pitt and the kid were just loud mongoloids. That scene which they take refuge on that German daughter and mom's house was just so pointless. Also, the ending was predictable. Guess the characters' death order. Guess who was the last one to be killed and the one to have the most 'respectable' death. A fucking wate of time.
>>
>>79208317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc
>>
File: 1482033079197.jpg (49KB, 528x465px) Image search: [Google]
1482033079197.jpg
49KB, 528x465px
maskusum Hitler
>>
>>79209164
>>79209185
Not anon but the tank gets stuck at a crossroad and they stand their ground as long as they can. A grenade is thrown into the tank at Pitts feet and he dies, but he has absolutely no damage on him. Young guy lies under the tank while the krauts walk past, young kraut looks under the tank, sees young Yankee, ignores him and leaves. Young Yankee lives
>>
it's really bad desu
>>
>>79208317

Doesn't glamorize war, there are normal guys and ruthless murderers on both sides, which is very confusing and scary to brainwashed Americans.
>>
>>79209921

It's impossible to make an anti-war movie.

The people who like war like seeing that, they want to be in those situations. People who know better know better.
>>
>>79208317
The ending was fucking stupid and didn't make sense. There was literally no reason plot wise or thematically for them to stay with the disabled tank
>>
>>79210232

Someone else would have had to deal with that battalion.

They stayed for the same reason they decided to rush the MG position in Saving Matt Damon.
>>
>>79208317
dude lasers lmao
>>
>>79210232
They literally weren't until Percy Jackson saw the army heading in the direction they came from where only injured and medics were stationed.

Are you fucking deaf or something?
>>
>>79209921

Virtually nobody understands Inglourious Basterds because of this.
>>
>>79210279
>>79210336
So what's better, warning them and preparing an ambush or dude 1 tank vs a battalion lmao
>>
>>79209575
>Guess who was the last one to be killed and the one to have the most 'respectable' death. A fucking wate of time.
That's a fair criticism.
>>
>>79208317
You pretty much said it's just an above average film but call it overlooked? I'm not following
>>
>>79208317
why did they make the guns lasers?
>>
>>79210372

They barely had enough time to prepare an ambush where they were.

Welcome to the suck.
>>
Poor The Beef(tm). Best performance of his serious acting career and no one noticed because people don't like ww2 movies, let alone about tanks.
>>
>>79208317
Movie was good. Until the final retarded act.
>>
>>79210372
>wanting to ambush a battalion with just 5 dudes and no tank or a bunch of useless injured people.

>ambushing with a tank loadout and stalling for everyone else to get out
>>
>>79209575

Dude, if Brad Pitt got ganked first in the final battle, it would have been about twice as exciting.

You're dead right about the order in which they would die, it was obvious from the first scene. If they'd switched it up, the ending becomes tense. When it's whittling down to Pitt and the Machine, you know that only the Machine is making it out alive. If Pitt dies first, you have no idea where they'll go with it. All KIA? Everyone but Pitt survives? You wouldn't know.
>>
>>79208317
Shit ending battle that throws away the entire theme and atmosphere for a flashy heroic standoff because Americans can't handle movies where they aren't the capeshit hero saving the day
>>
>>79210418

I think you mean, why do they normally leave tracers out of the effects? Because they look silly on screen.

Same reason they use dark red blood instead of bright red.

What's terrifying in reality can look silly on screen.
>>
I don't know if it triggered my movie autism or tank autism more. Not only was it historically inaccurate throughout, the script was incredibly cliched and melodramatic to the point that it was frustrating to watch. None of the characters were interesting or relatable and there were a bunch of unexplained story and character threads that went nowhere.
Sound design was great though.
>>
>>79209627
Was that the actual tracer effects from the movie?? Holy fuck, that's awful
>>
>>79210696

What do you think a green tracer looks like? Red?
>>
>>79210696
The funny part is I think those tracer effects are actually more authentic than what you see in most movies.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.