[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

James Franco’s ‘The Disaster Artist’ to Premiere at SXSW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

>According to Variety, Franco’s Room-inspired The Disaster Artist (previously titled The Masterpiece) is set to debut at this year’s SXSW in Austin, TX, which kicks off on March 10th, 2017.

>Franco directed the film himself and will also star as the legendary Tommy Wiseau. The movie boasts an impressive cast including Bryan Cranston (as himself), Alison Brie, Dave Franco, Zac Efron, Seth Rogen, Zoey Deutch, Melanie Griffith, Sharon Stone and Josh Hutcherson. Variety says SXSW is also trying to set up a screening of The Room, so maybe Tommy Wiseau (who has a cameo in Franco’s film) will himself show up to the festival.

Excited for Franco and Dude Weeds take on the Disaster Artist?

I dont know why this is being made when it wont be funnier than the book or even the Room itself
>>
>>79208299
>Out of my way LISA fucking shits!
>>
will this film top GotG on the reddit scale?
>>
>>79208565

The Room is hardly reddit seeing as its popularity spread through word of mouth
>>
>>79208768
The Room is reddit as fuck m8
>>
>>79208299
>The movie boasts an impressive cast including

OK.... so what the fuck is it about?!
>>
It will be garbage like everything Franco directs.
>>
>>79208299
why the fuck is this movie being made..
they seriously don't have any ideas left than to remake books, movies and "satirically" make fun of other people
this is not art nor is acting
>>
>>79209031
t. tommy wiseau
>>
The book was really good so I'll probably skip the movie.
>>
>>79208768
>The Room is hardly reddit
Its one of the biggest reddit/normie movies out there
>>
>>79209069

Gregg and Tommy being pals in the early days was great to read about, the stuff about them driving to the Jimmy Dean crash site had a Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas feel to it.
>>
File: wiseau-the-room-550x308.jpg (17KB, 550x308px) Image search: [Google]
wiseau-the-room-550x308.jpg
17KB, 550x308px
>The Room was being filmed on the Highland Avenue lot of Birns & Sawyer, which over the last five decades had become a legendary provider of cameras and equipment to mainstream Hollywood film and television productions. Birns & Sawyer’s owner, Bill Meurer, had made the unusual decision to let Tommy use the company’s parking lot and small studio space because Tommy had made the breathtakingly expensive decision to purchase, rather than rent, all his equipment. This was a million-dollar investment that not even a large Hollywood studio would dare. Camera and filmmaking technology is always improving and anything regarded as cutting-edge will be obsolete within twelve months. Tommy’s purchases included two Panasonic HD cameras, a 35mm film camera, a dozen extremely expensive lenses, and a moving truck full of Arriflex lighting equipment. With one careless gesture Tommy threw a century of prevailing film-production wisdom into the wind.

>Probably the most wasteful and pointless aspect of The Room’s production was Tommy’s decision to simultaneously shoot his movie with both a 35mm film camera and a high-definition (HD) camera. In 2002, an HD and 35mm film camera cost around $250,000 combined; the lenses ran from $20,000 to $40,000 apiece. And, of course, you had to hire an entirely different crew to operate this stuff. Tommy had a mount constructed that was able to accommodate both the 35mm camera and HD camera at the same time, meaning Tommy needed two different crews and two different lighting systems on set at all times. The film veterans on set had no idea why Tommy was doing this. Tommy was doing this because he wanted to be the first filmmaker to ever do so. He never stopped to ask himself why no one else had tried.
>>
File: 1473176121180.gif (2MB, 295x211px) Image search: [Google]
1473176121180.gif
2MB, 295x211px
>>79208299
Will this play in theaters or just the film festival?
>>
File: mark.gif (38KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
mark.gif
38KB, 400x200px
>>79209175
>The film veterans on set had no idea why Tommy was doing this. Tommy was doing this because he wanted to be the first filmmaker to ever do so. He never stopped to ask himself why no one else had tried.

The absolute madman

how was he so rich?
>>
>>79209177
Depends on how shit it is.
>>
>>79209235

no one knows, they said there were rumors of criminal activity but nothing was ever proved and nothing ever happened that could confirm it.

Maybe he really is a vampire.
>>
>>79209235
He owned his own clothing line/store. He was also in the construction business as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec
>>
File: 1470258697694.png (515KB, 1080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470258697694.png
515KB, 1080x1200px
>>79208565
>>79208817
>>79209122

Jesus. Shitting on The Room was popular before Reddit even became a big thing.
>>
I'm surprised he didn't cast his current fuckdoll Emma Roberts in it
>>
>>79209374
>cuckwatch reaction image
kys
>>
>>79209235
The book explains it. He started off selling cheap trinkets and worked his way up through investing. Most of his money was made by running a very profitable counterfeit clothes import business and through real estate development. He owns a lot of really valuable properties in San Francisco.
>>
>>79208299
>Franco stated The Disaster Artist was "a combination of Boogie Nights and The Master".

I have a hunch there will be a scene where Greg latches out at Tommy resembling the scene where Dirk Diggler does the same to Burt Reynold's character, and a scene where they're all in an overcrowded elevator.
>>
>>79208299
isn't brie nude in this?
>>
>>79209175
One of the few books I actually laughed out loud at.
>>
>>79209559

lashes*
>>
>>79209374

Fucking children
>>
>>79208299
That cast sounds horrible not impressive.
>>
>>79209589
Some anon claims this. But I surprise how quality her tits will be. I don't think they'll be Daddario's surprise top tier titties.
>>
File: 960.jpg (53KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
53KB, 960x540px
when is james franco going to make a movie about this guy
>>
>>79208299
Well, about damned time.
>>
File: gonna crush ur testicles.jpg (63KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
gonna crush ur testicles.jpg
63KB, 403x403px
>>79209589
>brie

God I hope so, even if they're flapjacks I'd be happy.
I just wanna see them so badly now.
>>
whats with those chub puff nips?
>>
> The Disaster Artist, formerly The Masterpiece, formerly The Disaster Artist

Glad they changed it back, I'm intrigued now that this film is finally coming out
>>
>>79208299
>Tommy will be taller than Greg

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>79208299
James Franco still makes movies?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.