[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest. How many of these do you own? What do you think are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (487KB, 1277x1210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
487KB, 1277x1210px
Be honest. How many of these do you own? What do you think are the essential titles?
>>
>>79208102
I think I own 6. I pretty much only buy from the criterion collection when it is the first time something is on bluray. Otherwise, it's usually not worth the extra $20
>>
When are they going to make filmstruck something people actually want to use?
>>
>>79208102
about 80-90 i think, plus 3 eclipse sets

>essential
in what way? if you mean the most culturally and historically relevant, then the ones from the "major" art directors (Kurosawa, Bergman, Godard, etc.) and whatever else appears on stuff like the Sight & Sound decennial Best lists or the TSPDT Top 1000
>>
>>79208219
Never. They should have just kept shit on Amazon
>>
File: 1473043554577.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1473043554577.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>owning films
>watching a film more than once
>>
>>79208219
it just became Chromecast compatible (from Android app so i've finally jumped on board
>>
3:
Solaris
Wild Strawberries
The Vanishing

Want
Persona
Casavettes: 5 Film Collection
Throne of Blood
Hara-Kiri
>>
Own:
Chimes at Midnight
Seven Samurai
Polanski's Macbeth
Richard III
Yojimbo
Sanjuro
La Belle et le BĂȘte
The Last Temptation of Christ
The Hidden Fortress
Apu Trilogy
Throne of Blood
Rashomon
Some others but I can't think right now
>>
Judex
Valerie and her week of wonders
eyes without a face
letter never sent
berlin alexanderplatz
marketa lazarova

want to get the ghatwak films they have
>>
>>79208102
>essential
I'll take that to mean the releases that best exemplify what Criterion's built their name on ("Important" films, great transfers, great supplements, great cover art), then I'd say:

The Thin Red Line
Kagemusha
Qatsi trilogy
The Night of the Hunter
The Seventh Seal
The Sweet Smell of Success

just off the top of my head
>>
>>79208838
>ghatwak
you mean Ray? they don't have any Ghatwak yet
>>
>>79208335
>>79208839
By essential I just meant which ones would you have no trouble recommending to someone.
>>
Brazil
Being John Malkovich
Repo Men
>>
>>79208880
https://www.criterion.com/films/28411-a-river-called-titas

youre kinda right, its part of the scorcese boxset, i thought it had its own criterion
>>
>>79208219
I think it's worth it desu. So much kino and Split Screen is such a comfy show
>>
File: 13b.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13b.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>79208102
>really enjoy Punch Drunk Love and Double Life of Veronique
>both on criterion
>Barnes and Noble selling them for a ridiculous price
>go on Ebay
>tfw still fucking expensive

I know I'll be getting The Master and There Will Be Blood when they're on Criterion though.
>>
>>79208102
I own 34.

>>79209837
Wait for the half off sale, that's when I buy mine, or I snipe cheap ones off ebay.
>>
File: 1467899838602.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467899838602.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
I only buy Criterion films.
>>
I have all their Wes Anderson, Guillermo Del Toro, and Michael Bay releases.
>>
Mulholland Drive
Solaris
Dekalog (tv series)
>>
>>79210010
>>79209837
fyi they usually have a half-off "flash" sale at their web store around Valentine's Day/late February

and Amazon year-round has them for pretty decent prices, typically 30-40% off
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.