[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Failed Netflix Originals.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14

File: serveimage.jpg (103KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
103KB, 1280x738px
ITT: Failed Netflix Originals.
>>
there's 2 seasons of this

https://youtu.be/OTMZ2X5cE_Q
>>
Everything that's not Stranger Things
>>
>one day at a time
>all episodes January 6

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>79200769
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>79200769
narcos was okay, house of cards was okay

but yeah most of them are shite imo. marco polo was abysmal. i dont quite understand how they can afford to churn out all those shitty shows
>>
The Santa Clarita Diet is literally just an advertisement to get people to move here. They're trying to get all the Mexicans and single students to leave.
>>
File: santa clarita diet.jpg (280KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
santa clarita diet.jpg
280KB, 825x464px
Raylan Givens dug coal for this?
>>
File: pacificheat_sdp_approved.jpg (738KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
pacificheat_sdp_approved.jpg
738KB, 1000x750px
this shit
>>
Flaked
>>
>>79200919
Is there a more perfect example of "we want the ____ audience".
>>
>>79200862
They're all pretty low cost and the amount of people paying for netflix now much be ridiculous. Also they're skimping on real releases now aswell
>>
>>79200919
>literally only one person actually doing anything
>the rest are just standing there like statues
Is that the joke?
>>
>>79200862
>but yeah most of them are shite imo.

I disagree, a lot of them are great.

>i dont quite understand how they can afford to churn out all those shitty shows

Most of the shows are partnerships with tv channels, production companies, etc.

For example. Archie is a Netflix venture with the CW. So is the 100.

Travelers is a venture between Netflix and a canadian channel. The rest of the world can stream it on Netflix. But in Canada it's not on Netflix, You have to watch it every week on that channel.
>>
>>79200769
House of Cards
Narcos
Stranger Things
Luke Cage
Seven Deadly Sins
Master of None
3%
Making a Murderer
>>
>>79200638
Any anime they've done, also all of the shit trying to appeal to black people.
>>
>>79200945

they're not all pretty low cost. i remember they signed a gigantic deal with david fincher for house of cards and kevin spacey isn't cheap. marco polo season 1 reportedly cost $80 million. they also paid baz luhrmann a fortune for the get down and nobody even watched it. some of the shows are done on the cheap but netflix has a shitton of money.

i think the main reason why they're doing literally hundreds of original shows is because getting the rights to other movies and tv shows is getting more expensive and more places are offering their own streaming platforms and not selling their movies and shows to netflix to stream.
>>
>>79201046
>Luke Cage
>Not Daredevil
>>
>>79201059
black comedy/content is pretty mediocre anyways.
>>
>>79201063
>they also paid baz luhrmann a fortune for the get down and nobody even watched it.
A damn shame, it's a great show.
>>
>>79200736
How did a kids show get to use a maid outif like that?
>>
>>79200638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9sajQMN23k

Literally why.
>>
>>79200638
>>
>>79201221
It wasn't bad though.
>>
File: netflix quality.png (2MB, 1178x1238px) Image search: [Google]
netflix quality.png
2MB, 1178x1238px
'Original' Originals or 'We bought the rights to X' Originals?
Either way 99% of both are fucking garbage or turned into garbage.
Christ look at all this trash. Even netflix's rating algorithm gives me 1/2 stars on most of these things.
>>
>>79201292

I read the top middle as "lolipussy"
>>
>>79201148
a treat for the producers
>>
>>79201046
>Luke Cage

Faggot.
>>
>>79201292

I watched the first season of the Fall when it was a BBC show that was decent.
>>
File: Riverdale.jpg (407KB, 1572x470px) Image search: [Google]
Riverdale.jpg
407KB, 1572x470px
>>79201292
I do enjoy the way Netflix deliberately obfuscates the difference between a show they had made just for them and a show they simply got the local broadcast rights to.
Riverdale airs as a Netflix Original in Canada.
>>
>>79201046
I think Orange is the New Black (while now terrible content wise) is doing them pretty well, I'd argue the same for the extended seasons of Arrested Development and Trailer Park Boys.
>>
Marco Polo.

The first season was pretty good but I don't even remember anything that happened beyond an Arab guy getting pegged
>>
>>79201908
In the second season I mean
>>
Bloodline Season 1 is the only thing I've legit thought was pretty great

intruiging premise, great location and every actor was on their A game, Ben Mendelsohn especially

it was a slow burn but if you like that, it was great
>>
>>79201046
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is pretty good too, though it can get a bit heavy handed with its message sometimes
>>
>>79202285
I agree, I really liked Bloodline
>>
>>79200769
How has nobody mentioned the crown yet? Lithgow kills it as Churchill

And even though it wasn't a good movie, that Paul blart international assassin movie was comfy and worth a watch
>>
>>79201148
Yeah i bet that kid was.
>>
File: wew.jpg (401KB, 2880x1585px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
401KB, 2880x1585px
>>79200736
>>79201148
>>79201502
When does she get her own show brehs?
>>
>>79200736
>you blasted through the ceiling into my gorilla habitat
>of all the days to wear gorilla lip gloss
HARAMBED
>>
every single netflix original, movie or show, has sucked or just wasn't worth the time. even Into The Inferno was boring which threw me because Herzog knows how to make boring interesting.

House of Cards is one of the most on-the-nose, full-of-itself shows i've ever watched. It was like they watched every major TV drama and made a dull Frankenstein of a show.

Orange is The New Black is millennial-pandering with sprinkles of virtue-signalling everywhere, basically a glorified Bravo serial. Women are the dumbest demographic possible and the success of this shit shows that.

Stranger Things is again the most millennial-pandering thing possible and takes advantage of this generation's perverse obsession with the past by steeping a mediocre horror/mystery in 80s flavor to mask the rotten meat that is the core of the show

all of their comedy specials are from washed up morons that were rarely ever funny in the first place

all of their "epic" documentaries are garbage poorly emulating film-festival wank documentaries and Vice segments.

and no, if you're a grown man, Daredevil and all the other marvel wank is not good.
>>
File: prester-john-marco-polo[1].jpg (43KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
prester-john-marco-polo[1].jpg
43KB, 618x412px
>>79200862
Fuck you, Polo was great. Still mad we're not getting season 3.
>>
>>79202663
damn why wasnt that in any of the descriptions. may have to give it a watch
>>
File: No_fun_allowed.jpg (58KB, 401x479px) Image search: [Google]
No_fun_allowed.jpg
58KB, 401x479px
>>79202684
>>
>>79201012
It's literally Australian Archer, so, yes.

>>79200919
Some of it was quite amusing but only if you're a Bong, Aussiecunt or Kiwi.
>>
>>79202779
fantastic argument you really showed him
>>
>>79202285
I feel like you have to be a legit grownup to enjoy this. I feel too young at 26 to watch this.
>>
>>79200638
Luckily all the ones I've watched so far have been good for me... the only one I almost raged out of being Fuller House cause it's just really cringy and hard to watch a lot of the time. And The OA which only bothered me after the end but I still want a 2nd season.
>>
>>79202684
It's all true. Netflix pics up shows that shouldn't have been made in the first place, all the things producers would normally turn away for being unfinished are picked up and advertised and television as a whole has lowered it's standards.

Like every single show nothing matters until the last episode. All just filler garbage, but people have no taste and nothing to fill their time with so they subject themselves to this trash.
>>
>be Britbonger
>barely 10% of the total amount of content septics get
>septics have the balls to go "Netflix doesn't have anything"

Then you got shit like Hulu which isn't available in Britbongistan (I invented this term btw) and all the other streaming shit like Channel 4 is stuck behind accounts for Bongs but freely available on YouTube for non-Bongs (and if you try and access it as a Bong you get HUR DUR COPYRIGHT BLOCKED IN YOUR COUNTRY).

See, I'm 100% sure Voltron isn't on Bong Netflix.

If I wanna watch shit like Band of Brothers/The Pacific or whatever, I have to buy that shit or torrent it.
>>
>>79200919
This fucking show, it's like watching a trainwreck.

It's like they wanted to copy Archer but got everything wrong. Every character speaks too fast and over eachother.

Is there a joke I'm missing and we're NOT suppose to know what the fuck the dark haired woman says EVER? Her accent is like a dumpster fire.
>>
>>79202948
Didn't Archer get canned as well?
>>
>>79202823
seconded, my dad really loves that show
>>
>>79200896

Never watched it but it looks like Weeds vs Dexter vs iZombie
>>
>I am an edgelord faggot nigger cock sucker, the thread.
>>
>>79200896

I am half way through it and it is okay. They need to work more on making it funny though.
>>
>>79201292
like some of them but only see them if i hear something good about them.

have dropped most of their more popular shit like orange, house of cards, etc.
>>
>>79201292
I feel like The Do-Over could've been a decent movie it didn't involve Adam Sandler.
>>
>New Netflix Originals is released
>5 stars day one
>2 on the second day
kek
>>
File: 1477595711565.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1477595711565.png
325KB, 382x417px
>>79200638
Why are Amazon originals (both movies and television) better than Netflix in every way?
>>
>>79201046
Luke Cage dropped the ball halfway through. I didn't even bother with the second half because the only interesting villain was taken care of. Assuming the cousin was the secondary villain to finish up the plot, I'm glad I skipped it because at no point did I ever feel threatened by her presence on screen.
>>
>>79201292
>People still pay for Netflix
FUCKING CANCEL IT
>>
>>79203046
No, it's still very successful.
>>
>>79204347
Every other streaming provider that you can think of is better than Netflix.

No idea why the "Netflix and chill" meme was created to begin with.
>>
>>79204423
>No idea why the "Netflix and chill" meme was created to begin with.

The thing with that meme is that people aren't watching Netflix though
>>
>>79204369
the 2nd villain was diamondback the cousin just filled the vacuum of cottonmouth being gone
>>
>>79200896
I just started this. Why is Drew Barrymore's face twice it's usual size Jesus Christ
>>
>>79202663
They should have based the show around her, i would have watched the shit out of it
>>
File: red absorb.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
red absorb.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>tfw Orange is the New Black will never be good again
Feels bad man, the first two seasons were a lot of fun but by season 3 it went full SJW.
>>
>>79205960
Don't worry, it will all be sorted out in the end. Piper ends up marrying her fiancee (Larry) and gets out.
>>
>>79205960
It was fun when it was about an asshole white girl in prison with silly caricature inmates. Once they started to seriously give the other girls screentime beyond a sob story it fell apart
>>
>>79202727
What? Really??
>>
>>79206105
I know everybody whines about the focus on Piper's character in the first season or so but the show really did go to shit once the caricatures were fleshed out like you said, where will the show even go from here?
>>
>>79202684
I absolutely agree with Orange... it got dropped by me after the guard has a kid with an inmate just got way too extreme and personal. The sex scene between the new and former wardens in that season was the first in a super long time that I can say truly offended me.

I liked Stranger Things but yes sometimes millennials can get really obnoxious in how they try to jack the past as their own, like "I was born in 89' I am such a 80s kid lol" kind of crap.
>>
File: 5SyV0rm[1].jpg (858KB, 2938x1958px) Image search: [Google]
5SyV0rm[1].jpg
858KB, 2938x1958px
>>79206179
Cancelled for being the most expensive show that no one watched.
>>
>>79206265
That's a fucking shame, it was excellent and everyone i knew watched and liked it.
>>
>>79201763

Why is Jughead outside with the antagonists?
>>
>>79201046
>Luke Cage
Did you actually watch that and enjoyed it?

Jesus Christ, how far will people go to be accepted by normies?
>>
Marco Polo was great.
>>
>>79205793
also she looks like she's wearing braces by the way she keeps showing her teeth
>>
>>79206475
>be accepted by normies

I haven't even spoken to anyone about it since I watched it. Literally not even a soul, online or off.

Yeah I enjoyed it.
>>
marco polo shows that you don't put asians in star roles unless you are selling something to china
>>
File: dexter shrug.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
dexter shrug.png
434KB, 571x540px
>>79202684
I liked Stranger Things and I normally fucking hate anything that's DUDE 80s LMAO.
>>
With Bob and David was pretty good
>>
>>79206936
No.
>>
>>79203046
If only. Then it would be a pleasant memory like Frisko Dingo instead of the abomination it's been for 4 or 5 years now
>>
>>79201046
>he watches HoC

top lyl
>>
>>79202684
Hold up senpai. I hate every single Netflix original.

Except Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

>inb4 contrarians and /pol/ autistically screech its bad because its a stars a woman and a black gay
>>
>>79202779
>say you don't like something
>h-heh y-you just hate fun
>y-your just g-gatekeeping
>t-taste is s-subjective
>>
Do people care about Netflix originals after the first seasons? House of Cards and Bojack have gotten attention with new seasons, but the rest are literally who cares tier.
>>
>>79200945
The Crown was over a hundred million for ten episodes.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.