[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of Dooku's curved lightsaber hilt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: V1soW.gif (1MB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
V1soW.gif
1MB, 500x296px
What's the point of Dooku's curved lightsaber hilt?
>>
>>79200428
Swag
>>
Prostate stimulation
>>
>>79200428
It's designed after a fencing sword.
>>
It's designed after his dick.
>>
>>79200428
who?
>>
>>79200428
He was limp-wristed
>>
Somebody ask wookiepedia.
>>
>>79200428
when sheev makes him shove it up his ass the curved hilt tickles his g spot
>>
>>79200472
So shouldn't be called a lightfoil instead of a saber?
>>
He uses his non dominant hand too often.
>>
so he can hold it like a gun if he wants to
>>
File: acg6e4vea3r4t9123vanc8w4f.jpg (47KB, 652x408px) Image search: [Google]
acg6e4vea3r4t9123vanc8w4f.jpg
47KB, 652x408px
Do they ever give any detail on what the blades are made out of? Are they plasma, and do they have any weight at all?
>>
>>79200428
>He doesn't know about that g-spot
>>
>>79200637
When I was little I thought the blades were made of the Force and were magical.
>>
>>79200637
it's cgi you idiot
>>
>>79200637
a metal rod and after effects
>>
>>79200428
Why does Dooku even have a red saber? Wasn't he a former Jedi?
>>
>>79200695
>>79200701
I obviously mean in-universe, fagnuts
>>
>>79200428
the point was to sell toys

>>79200710
Vader had a red saber, that means every future Star Wars antagonist has to have one too
>>
File: 9831e391c9d33aec4f31af4da4dbf05a.jpg (723KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9831e391c9d33aec4f31af4da4dbf05a.jpg
723KB, 1280x720px
>>79200428
easier anal insertion
>>
The saber color is based on the type of crystal installed, purple being the rarest of them.

Red lightsabers have a Sith manufactured, "synthetic", crystal.
>>
File: guy_fieri.jpg (244KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
guy_fieri.jpg
244KB, 620x412px
>>79200461
Came here to post this.
>>
>nobody ever found Sheev's red lightsaber and asked him what the deal was

Dropped. Come on George this is so unrealistic.
>>
>>79200681
this is what I still believe
>>
File: 5530c076ec52c.gif (2MB, 650x270px) Image search: [Google]
5530c076ec52c.gif
2MB, 650x270px
>>79200849
Seeing Anakin and Obi-wan fight with the blue sabers was fun.
Do you think Dooku's lightsaber was green or blue?
>>
File: Asajj_Ventress_sabers_Databank.png (234KB, 431x714px) Image search: [Google]
Asajj_Ventress_sabers_Databank.png
234KB, 431x714px
The curved hilt allows for greater precision when using lightsaber Form II. Also it looks cool
>>
Christopher Lee had arthritis and couldn't comfortably hold a regular, straight lightsaber.

The curved lightsaber was practical for him as an actor while also looking unique. Two birds with one stone.

Close thread.
>>
>>79201024
>Also it looks cool

Wrong
>>
>>79201024
>Also it looks cool
>prequels
Choose one
>>
>>79200574
Lightsabers are used like longswords, no one calls them lightswords.
>>
>>79200428
Luke did I ever tell you about Count Dock's lightsaber? Dooku's lightsaber was the personal curved-hilt lightsaber of Dooku, the Count of Serenno. The former Jedi Master, who became Darth Tyranus and the political leader of the Separatist Alliance, handcrafted the weapon's unique hilt with a kyber crystal that emitted a red blade. As the apprentice of the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Sidious, Dooku used the Sith blade against his foes.

The weapon was built for the purpose of lightsaber combat, and the Sith Lord carried it with him into numerous battles during the Clone Wars, a conflict he and his master orchestrated from both sides. In his final bout, Dooku lost his Sith lightsaber to the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker once he was defeated in a duel aboard the starship Invisible Hand. Skywalker used Dooku's own weapon to behead the Sith Lord and end his life.

Sometime before the Clone Wars, Count Dooku of Serenno handcrafted a lightsaber with the intent of using it in combat against his foes. Dooku used a kyber crystal for the lightsaber which generated a red-colored blade.[6] Traditionally, red was the color used by the Sith to express their intensive dark side view of the Force.[7]

Darth Tyranus RotS lightsaber crop
Dooku's lightsaber emitted a red blade, representing his view of the Force.
Unlike any standard lightsaber, Dooku crafted his with an unusual curved shape, which helped control the weapon when in a duel. Primarily, it allowed Dooku greater finesse in combat when lunging or slashing at an opponent.[1] This was done by Dooku as he considered himself a sophisticated duelist,[1] When the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker defeated Dooku in combat for the first and only time, he took hold of Dooku's lightsaber for himself. Skywalker's only intent for the weapon was to use it to kill the Sith Lord, which he did at the urging of Dooku's own Sith Master, Darth Sidious, by beheading the unarmed Dooku.[5] It was a good friend.
>>
>>79200637
A powerful light shined through a crystal that super focuses it into a short ranged beam
>>
>>79201373
you're actually fucking WRONG cunt the crystal was stimulated by the batter which gave off the light to be focused by a lens that creates the blade you fucking moron CUNT
>>
>>79201317
Jesus christ that's boring as fuck, tuned out after the first "dooku"
What the fuck kind of name is Dooku, especially in a movie that uses the word "poodu"
>>
>>79200428
ladies love a little curve
>>
>>79201527
>tfw straight as a ruler
>>
>>79201295
>naboo starfighters dont look cool
okay buddy
>>
>>79201538
>he didn't jack it like a madman during his formative years
Sad!
>>
File: Muller-plate-8-11-and-28.jpg (162KB, 1024x380px) Image search: [Google]
Muller-plate-8-11-and-28.jpg
162KB, 1024x380px
>>79200428
Lucas tried to make him more like a modern fencer. This was to help characterize his upper class upbringing. He is a count after all.
>>
>>79200681
You're half-right. While the lightsaber itself is just superheated plasma, the crystals that are used in the device's construction have magical properties to them and are seemingly connected to the force in some way. As a result, a jedi can bond with their weapon on a spiritual level and utilize it to perform incredible feats.

So if you've always wondered why if, during a lightsaber fight, one guy doesn't just use the force to turn off his opponent's lightsaber, it's because a jedi and his lightsaber are so well-bonded in the force that the raw will of the opponent would cause the attempt to fail. I think. This is all non-canonical bullshit that has never been reflected in the slightest in any of the movies, so it could just be nonsense.
>>
>>79201160
Lee barely did any fighting during filming except for close ups. And the hilt of prop saber used for fights, wasn't actually as curved like the one that would hang from Lee's hip cause the prop department couldn't actually build one cause you actually had to screw in the blade bit into the hilt, and screws are, you know straight.
>>
>>79200906

No the kyber crystals are white then change colour depending on the personality and alignment of the force user

They go red if the person is a dark side practitioner as the crystal is in pain but they can be purified then they go white

Yeh mate it's not coming out on a Saturday mate lol I don't think I'll ever get to the point of my life lol
>>
>>79200428
He has bells palsy, which caused his hands to warp. He requires the curved hilt to properly press every button.
>>
>>79202195
You better be joking that all sounds retarded.
>>
>>79200428
>implying it wasn't the best Saber
Pure badassery
Shame he went out like a bitch when he was a complete badass in the animated clone wars
>>
>>79200637
B8
>>
>>79200637
>Are they plasma
Probably. As far as I know, nothing has officially explained them, but plasma is the only real substance that actually works for what they're supposed to be.

>do they have any weight at all?
This is an interesting question to me because lots of people insist that they don't. I have no idea where that comes from, but I guess it's from one of the video games. In earlier materials, they were definitely supposed to have weight, though. Lucas's original concept was that they were ridiculously heavy, and, as someone who never played the games and stopped paying attention to the EU before Ep. 1 came out, I always thought they had weight. Plus, plasma does have mass, so they should weight something, scientifically speaking.
>>
File: curved-penis.jpg (6KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
curved-penis.jpg
6KB, 248x203px
It wasn't normal
>>
>>79202577
Is "kyber crystal" an invention of the new canon? I remember the crystals from KOTOR, but don't remember the name.
>>
>>79200428
Toys
>>
>>79202763
>The idea of the Kaiburr crystal can be traced to the earliest incarnations of the script for A New Hope; specifically, the May 1, 1975 "Story Synopsis and Typed Outline" from "The Adventures of Luke Starkiller (episode one) 'The Star Wars'."[23]
In old EU it didn't have to specifically be a kyber though.
>>
>>79202763
>Is "kyber crystal" an invention of the new canon?
Not really. The early scripts for Star Wars used kyber crystals as plot devices, and they showed up a lot in Lucas's early lore (they show up in Splinter of the Mind's eye, too), but they weren't related to lightsabers. The new canon adopted this old term and made it the same thing as lightsaber crystals, which the old EU kind of used them for as well (at least, I think I remember seeing kyber crystals referred to as such in visual dictionaries in the past).
>>
>>79202763
Nah, the idea behind kyber crystals has been around for a long time, it just got muddied up in EU lore with adegan crystals. Now they're the same thing and are a very specific type of crystal as opposed to being a crystal with a bunch of names depending on where you found it.
>>
How did a Jedi become a duke?
>>
>>79200428

Christopher Lee fenced and his lightsabers were built to reflect it
>>
>>79204272
At last, I see the pottery
>Samuel Jackson drank grape kool-aid and his lightsaber blade was colored violet to reflect it
BRAVO LUCAS
>>
>>79204126
He was born into one of great houses on serenno.
>>
>>79200428
to sell toys of it
>>
>>79200428

It was more ergonomic to suit his old, arthritic hands
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.