[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck does this masterpiece have a score of 4.8 What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

How the fuck does this masterpiece have a score of 4.8

What the fuck is not to like.

I challenge every single one of you fuckers to write a detailed explanation of why this movie is bad, and if you fail (which will inevitably happen) you have to watch the movie and give this movie a 10/10 on IMDB.
>>
they made Jim West a nigger.
>>
>>79199686
I always liked this movie solid 7.6 at least.
I guess people hated it because it had nothing to do with the original series? It was way before the whole current reboot era where that sort of thing is norm.
>>
>>79199686
>tons of unfunny racial humor
>main characters have no chemistry
>steampunk garbage

Those are the major reasons, I'd think. It's not funny when it tries to be funny, it's not cool when it tries to be cool. It's just filled with failed ideas.
>>
big spider oh hell yeah put that shit on the poster
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>salma hayek wiki wiki wild west y'all!
>>
I saw it on tv once and thought it was campy as fuck
I really enjoyed it
>>
>>79199686
Really fun movie. Not pretending to be anything it isn't.
Steampunk theme was cool.
>>
Literally wild west MIB. Pure kino
>>
>>79199718
this

It's an insult to the show it's based on. The concept is an Americanized James Bond in the Old West, not Sassy Nigger BTFOs White Men
>>
this is one of those movies i still clearly remember going to theaters and watching as a kid, i was 8, and everything about the movie seemed new, exciting and futuristic as fuck.

it gets hated on and i guess it was critically and commercially a failure, but it's still original to this day
>>
>>79199686
WILD WILD WEST, JIM WEST, DESPERADO!
ROUGH RIDER, NO YOU DON'T WANT NADDA!
>>
>>79199686
The only argument for it being bad was "it wasnt like muh tv show" which is why reboots and adaptations never have any effort put into them anymore.
>>
>>79200467
There's putting a spin on things, and then there is spitting in the face of the source material as a cashgrab. This is the latter
>>
I saw it when I was like 9 or 10 and enjoyed it. It probably helped that I didn't (and still don't) give a fuck about the source material.

Fun movie, would watch again. Also is that actually Salma Hayek's ass or did they use a double?
>>
>>79200467
Can you imagine if GoldenEye had come out and the Fresh Prince was James Bond instead of Brosnan? The backlash there would have been? That is what it was like for fans of the show
>>
>>79200614
>and the Fresh Prince was James Bond instead of Brosnan

>giant mechanical spider
>wheelchair genius
>villain with swords for arms
>wacky gadgets
>over the top craziness
If anything WWW was more james bond than james bond.
>>
Will Smith turned down Matrix to do this shit instead.
J U S T
>>
>>79200732
Of course it's Bondian, have you not see the original series? It's Bond in the Old West

That's not the problem, the problem is Will Smith playing Will Smith when the role calls for an All-American James Bond analogue
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.