[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have watched Aguirre: The Wrath of God, and liked it. I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: aguirre.jpg (238KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aguirre.jpg
238KB, 1280x720px
I have watched Aguirre: The Wrath of God, and liked it. I want to watch another Herzog's movie. I want to try just one movie, because I have a big list anyway, and can't afford watching several, unless I like the second one too. I'm personally thinking between Fitzcarraldo and The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser. I've read the short descriptions of them, and Fitzcarraldo looked like something very similar to Aguirre, and I'd probably like to see something more different. Kaspar Hauser on the other hand looked somewhat intriguing. What would you suggest me?
>>
Let me add something. What I liked about Aguirre is a dreamy style, and the music. I'd like to see something similar, but not necessarily the similar story.
>>
File: 56875345671.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
56875345671.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
Haven't seen Kaspar Hauser yet but I can gladly recommend the other Kinski/Herzog movies.

>Fitzcarraldo
>Cobra Verde
>Nosferatu
>My Best Fiend
>Woyzeck

I'd say watch Fitzcarraldo or Cobra Verde next.
>>
Bad Lieutenant
>>
>>79193422
If you liked the dreamy style and music then I'd definitely recommend Nosferatu
>>
>>79193385
>I've read the short descriptions of them, and Fitzcarraldo looked like something very similar to Aguirre, and I'd probably like to see something more different. Kaspar Hauser on the other hand looked somewhat intriguing. What would you suggest me?
Both films are great depictions of high powered autism, but I'd say watch Fitzcarraldo first. I didn't enjoy Kaspar Hauser as much as I expected, personally.

I think you would like Stroszek too.
>>
Kaspar Hauser is unironically my favorite herzog film and possibly favorite movie of all time.

Aguirre plays like a fevered boat dream, kaspar hauser more like..sleeping your entire life then being woken up
>>
>>79193825
did you watch Stroszek yet?
>>
Bad Lieutenant is great and also fits your description but only from a modern perspective. Otherwise Nosferatu.
>>
>>79193385
I hated Aguirre and Nosferatu. The only other film of his that I've seen is cobra verde and I liked it. It's not special but it's pretty interesting to watch.
>>
File: smug cagney.jpg (75KB, 408x296px) Image search: [Google]
smug cagney.jpg
75KB, 408x296px
top tier
Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972)
Stroszek (1977)
Fitzcarraldo (1982)

good tier
My Best Fiend (1999)
Rescue Dawn (2006)
Woyzeck (1979)
Even Dwarfs Started Small (1970)
Where the Green Ants Dream (1984)

bad tier
anything else
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.