[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Movies with a 10/10 first act but then it goes down hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: sinister.jpg (191KB, 940x708px) Image search: [Google]
sinister.jpg
191KB, 940x708px
Sinister had a fantastic first act
>Main character trying to solve the murders of families while looking at snuff videos left in the attic of one of the crime scenes he bought
>Murders committed few decades ago. The main character comes to the conclusion that the serial killer could be in his 70's now
Unfortunately the film kind of goes down hill when it decides to become supernatural and the serial killer is actually a demon from another dimension (not really a spoiler if you watch the trailer because all this is revealed in the trailer not surprisingly).
>>
>down hell
I meant down hill. Take this as some interesting irony
>>
>>79189040
It fucked up by making him look like a member of Slipknot
>>
>>79189070
I was fine with that. What I didn't like was the way the child ghosts were just children with face paints.

That scene where the demon is in the pool water and he slowly turns his head - PERFECTION
>>
>>79189070
This would have worked better if the demon was actually just a perverted serial killer because then it would make sense for him to wear some kind of metal like mask to seem edgy.

You could even still keep the plot where he makes the children commit the murders (it becoming way more spookier that all these children grew up and now live in parts of the world) instead of them all being ghosts now and being transported to Slipknot's dimension
>>
8-year old kid shoots perfect handheld night time 8mm film with one hand while killing entire family in creative way with other hand.
All in one take, with no rehearsals.
>>
>>79189118
>That lawnmower death scene
JESUS that was scary as hell. 10/10 sound design.

What annoyed me so much was that the filmmakers of Sinister 2 used the EXACT SAME sound for the crocodile snuff video... made it seem fan made and then the ending of Sinister 2 is LEGIT the same ending as Sinister 1...

I wish they spent more time on Sinister 2 and made it actually professional. Maybe then Sinister 3 wouldn't have gotten cancelled.
>>
>>79189160
>>That lawnmower death scene
>JESUS that was scary as hell. 10/10 sound design.
It made me jump, because either it wasn't consistent, or there was some cut during the movie that I didn't notice. You see the family in the living room, and the kid then goes and gets the lawnmower, starts running with it, and suddenly the family are on the ground outside. I wasn't expecting it because I had no reason to think the family weren't still in the living room.

The snuff films were great though. I actually thought the drowning film was rather grim.
>>
File: sdghhhj.jpg (32KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
sdghhhj.jpg
32KB, 260x400px
FUCKING POST-PLANE CRASH
>>
File: 1430063406936.jpg (10KB, 216x249px) Image search: [Google]
1430063406936.jpg
10KB, 216x249px
>>79189040
This movie is "scary." No, it's not scary. It had a few effective jump scares, but then again so does youtube poop. Other than that it was B-movie tier. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Garbage.
>>
the girl with all the gifts
>>
File: 62129.jpg (770KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
62129.jpg
770KB, 1440x900px
maybe not 10/10 first act but its super solid and then BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP
>>
>>79189841
fucking lel. i thought the third act was the best imo. i only started to get interested when they went to jerusalem
>>
File: prisoners.jpg (178KB, 340x503px) Image search: [Google]
prisoners.jpg
178KB, 340x503px
>>79189040
>pic related is a perfect example
>police chief is stupid and unwilling to help (what else is new, amirite?)
>Jackman's character is an over-the-top nut
>Maria Bello has zero drive to find her daughter (she just cries and sleeps and never gets out of her robe). She even blames her husband for the kidnapping: "you promised to protect us"
>everything after the first 30-ish minutes was unbearable to watch

I watched this movie with no knowledge of the plot. It started strong then quickly deteriorated exponentially until the end. Not to mention, anyone paying attention, even badly, can predict the "tweests." Pure schlock.
>>
The films make it way too evident it's kids killing, so the possibility of a normal murderer doesn't really fit.
>>
>>79189040
Those ghost kiddies are the only bad thing in this movie. Remove all those scenes with the ghost kids walking around the house and you have a 10/10. Still the best mainstream horror movie in years.
>>
>>79190285
I can never forgive this
>>
File: interstellar-movie.jpg (688KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar-movie.jpg
688KB, 2000x1500px
Don't deny it.
>>
>>79189040
Arrival
>>
>>79191491
>the conjuring
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.