[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friday the 13th Reboot Shut Down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault_live.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_live.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>Paramount has put the machete back in the sheath.

>With just less than six weeks go to before the start of principal photography, Paramount had shut down the latest iteration of Friday the 13th, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

>The move occurs on the same day the studio undated the pic, which was to have opened Oct. 13.

>Platinum Dunes, the production company behind the film, and Breck Eisner, who was to have directed the movie, received word earlier in the day, according to multiple sources.

>The film was in preproduction and, while not cast, heading toward a production start in mid-March.

>The exact reason for the move is unclear, although one factor could be the poor performance of the studio’s horror movie, Rings. That pic, which like Friday the 13th was to have restarted a horror franchise, cost $25 million and bowed to $13 million over the weekend.

>Sources say that execs quickly began second-guessing Friday the 13th, believing it would have chased the same audience, although others point out that the project is on the opposite spectrum of the horror scale.

>A source close to Friday the 13th would only say that "the production was not ready to go at this date."

>The project is a reboot of the 1980 slasher movie that proved to be a low-cost, high-yield film series for Paramount, spawning 11 sequels as it told the continuing blood-soaked adventures of Jason Vorhees, the seemingly unstoppable hockey mask-wearing killer of mostly hormonally charged teens.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/friday-13th-reboot-shut-down-972644

Damn i was looking forward to this. I knew it would be bad but that's the charm on the Friday the 13th movies. Whatever we will probably get a new one in a few years.
>>
get Eli Roth to come on board. he at least has the balls to fill it with titties and gore.

if you aren't going to have lots of titties and gruesome kills, DON'T FUCKING BOTHER.
>>
>>79181603
This shit has been In development hell for a long time.
>>
>>79181603
Paramount, it's time.
Do it.
Slasher Cinematic Universe.

Start with a Freddy movie and a Jason movie, they pick up after Freddy vs Jason, then you buy all the rights to slasher characters for pennies because they're all being wasted on shitty remakes, and you try to get Mia from the Evil Dead Remake in.
Then you go crazy.

Thank you
>>
fuck, if there is one thing the world needs it's another friday the 13th snooze fest

kikikimmamama
oh I bet he's going to--
yeah, yeah he did.
>>
>>79181916
>pennies
yeah right, as soon as paramount came sniffing around the price would go up and they would be held hostage indefinitely.
>>
bump
Is the game still coming out?
>>
>>79181603
That sucks, I was kinda looking forward to it. Breck Eisner has only directed one good film but Aaron Guzikowski is a solid writer.
>>79182970
Yup, the game is still coming out this year. I don't think Paramount has anything to do with the game.
>>
>>79181603
If Hollywood wasn't retarded they would get a competent director to make a soft reboot that takes place in the 80s sometime after the events of Part VI: Jason Lives. No one likes remakes and 80s nostalgia is really hot right now.
>>
>>79181721
I hate Eli Roth, but I agree with you. He'd probably be perfect for a Friday the 13th movie. But I would hope he has someone with talent help him co-write it to help curb some of his stupid shit.
>>
>>79181721
That's a pretty good point. Eli Roth is a hack but he loves gore, tits and old school filmmaking. He would be perfect for a Friday the 13th movie and he would probably be willing to do it. Has an interviewer ever asked Eli Roth about Friday the 13th?
>>
>>79181721
why did the green inferno suck do bad? easily the shitiest cannibal film in the genre
>>
>>79183824
this guy clearly doesn't like pancakes
>>
>>79184312
because we are the cannibals!
>>
Good. The last remake was fucking awful.

>>79181721

Adam Green is the only one who could make it work. The Hatchet trilogy was basically that, but I'd like to see what he'd do to it. Eli Roth is fucking awful at everything.
>>
I'm disappointed but somewhat relieved. Personally I feel like F13 would make a much better TV series, kind of like how Evil Dead made the transition with Ash vs.

I just kind of feel like there isn't anything the F13 film franchise can offer anymore.
>>
>>79181916
It took them forever to do Freddy vs Jason.

Part 7 and 9 were attempts for it to happen.
>>
>>79181603

The biggest gap between F13th film is between Jason goes to hell (1993) and Jason X (2002). The remake came out in 2009 so since this film has been delayed this is officially the longest Friday drought.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.