[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was her problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Nurse.jpg (24KB, 594x400px) Image search: [Google]
Nurse.jpg
24KB, 594x400px
What the fuck was her problem?
>>
No BBC
>>
Feminism
>>
she was something of a cunt
>>
>>79174393
mentally ill
>>
>>79174393
>>79174393

she looks too much like Mo Collins
>>
>>79174393
MEN!
>>
>>79174393
power corrupts
>>
>>79174393
It's exhausting looking after mental patients, and if you're too soft it can be overwhelming. She had to had an iron grip on them.

Have any of you ever been to a mental health ward? I go there to visit my sick grandmother and the people in there are walking cliche's of madness. It's unnerving.
>>
>>79174393
She was a sociopath, so was jack.
>>
>>79175536

I am employed in quite a severe and well known one in Scotland. I expected it to be at least 10% like OFoTCN but its not. All the patients are fat drug addicts who behave out of order due to 50% behaviour 50% illness.
>>
Is everyone here a complete retard? She did nothing wrong, and was only the 'bad guy' according the the retards in the movie. In reality Nicholson was the asshole throughout that whole movie.
>>
she was just tsun
>>
>>79175504
You mean that right? Because this is actually probably supposed to be the answer, if you read the book, she has giant tits and takes out her anger on men on the men in the ward
>>79175590
Is this a joke or a real?
>>
>>79175536
Exactly. I watched this movie and kept waiting for the nurse to do something wrong.

>>79175590
Word
>>
>>79174393
She needed a good dicking.
>>
>>79175637
Who's the bad guy?

>woman who devotes her life to looking after suicidal and criminally insane people
>child rapist who lies about having a mental illness in order to avoid jail time
>>
>>79175536
I used to visit a friend when he was in there, but that place was pretty quiet. Most mental health ward patients are either on meds or mild enough to where they don't need them. All the dangerous/unstable ones are on non-public areas of the hospital.

If you want the most accurate depiction of life in a mental health ward, read 'VALIS' by PKD
>>
>>79175678
this
>>
>>79175590
I feel she was just a bad nurse and a childish woman. Not an outright evil one.
>>
She needed dick. Women who go without dick for a long time become nuts. It's a scientific FACT.
>>
>>79175637
what >>79175687 said. Also retard homes like in the movie have very strict schedules and the people go crazy if their routine is interrupted. They only show us a handful of the retards, but there were many more that Nicholson's character was disturbing more than helping. Also, those people take advantage of any perceived weakness from whoever is taking care of them, so Ratched had to be strict and tough with everyone.
>>
>>79175757
That's not just women. And it's not 'nuts', they just develop behavior that doesn't gear themselves towards wanting to find a partner to procreate with. That's why you find they have no time for anyone.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78KB, 1920x1080px
>>79175687
Ever wonder why Billy Bibbit's stutter decreased when he was around McMurphy and why he killed himself after Nurse Ratched threatened to tell his mom about the party?

Makes you think.
>>
>>79175590
McMurphy's kindness, honesty, encouragement, and frankness was more therapeutic for the other patients in a few months than Ratched had been throughout her entire tenure. Ratched only cared about control and following the institution's protocols doggedly, she didn't care about results. The movie highlights women's inability to relate to men and their needs while placing their desires over results, which as women have increasingly become a part of societal management this has become increasingly apparent.
>>
>>79175590
Oh, yeah McMurphy is worse and a total asshole but she's \bad too
She lobotomizes the shit out of all her patients and takes away their basic human rights she's an awful nurse/person
>>
>>79175852
His mom abused him and that's the reason he was mad. How was Ratched supposed to know that?
>>
>>79175852
dude, what if, like, they're the only sane ones?
>>
>>79175888
She said she was good friends with his mom.
>>
>>79175869
I thought that was more a common practice in facilities like hers, and not something exclusive to her.
>>
File: Cuckoo.gif (901KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Cuckoo.gif
901KB, 500x281px
>>79175888
Everyone abused Billy but Nurse Ratched seemed to enjoy it the most.

>>79175891
No one is sane.
>>
Everything about the story is typical of the way liberals mischaracterized institutions back in the 60s and 70s. It's filled with cliches like the noble American Indian (a gentle giant, sound familiar?), the wacky inmates who don't have real problems, they just need Jack Nicholson to shake their lives up, and of course the evil female nurse who represents The System. Oh yes, there was also a black midget whose mom was raped by white racists. It's gratingly shitlib through and through.

The reality is that mental institutions have never had the kind of funding or staff to function as a residence for Gong Show rejects and lovable misfits. Many of the worst excesses of psychiatry such as overuse of early pscyhotropics, electric shock, and lobotomies were nevertheless earnest attempts to treat severe and intractable mental illness. No mental institution was perfect but Cuckoo egregiously misrepresented institutional environments and their staff for political reasons. Kesey was spending his time tripping on LSD and having deep thoughts about conformist society trying to keep him down.
>>
>>79175960
Everyone abused Billy because Nurse Ratched had everyone at each other's throats.
>>
>>79175981
I thought it was an assault on feminism personally, but yeah, Kesey does attempt to make the anti-hero the hero and the system out to be evil.
>>
>>79175859
nailed it
>>
>>79174393
Didn't have me as her pusy slave.
>>
>>79175590
No, no, she fried them a little bit, she went over the line.
>>
>>79175687
>child rapist who lies about having a mental illness in order to avoid jail time

who?
>>
>>79174393
As a med student and someone thats been in healthcare for 8 years now, this type of character is way way more prevalent than you'd think.

From a medicolegal standpoint, she literally did nothing wrong

Its not even that exaggerated, medicine attracts some power crazed bitches.
>>
>>79176729

Murphy fucked an underage girl who was 16-17 and she lied about her age to him. Cried raped and he got fugged for it.
>>
>>79176851
the movie says 15
>>
>>79177636
>AND YOU WOULDN'T FUCK A 15YO IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.