/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a good indie movie >/tv/ responds to non meme threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: stumpcunt.jpg (68KB, 501x639px) Image search: [Google]
stumpcunt.jpg
68KB, 501x639px
Looking for a good indie movie

>/tv/ responds to non meme threads
>>
File: you on the left.jpg (13KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
you on the left.jpg
13KB, 540x360px
>>
W/ the choice of OP image you just made your own meme thread honestly, good luck staying on topic...

What kinda indie movie, if you're serious? That's a broad classification.
>>
>>79174189

no, ive just observed that a thread with a pretty female that is unique in some way statistically gets more attention and replies.
>>
>>79174153
Define "indie"
Fuck it, watch the Family Fang. It's amazing and virtually unknown
>>
>>79174274
>you can actually be retarded to the point where a simple definition of a term triggers your autism.
>>
>>79174253
Remember when I asked you an on-topic question about your OP question? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
>>
>>79174298
OP, the term "indie" simply means "independent," which can be horror, a period piece, a comedy, mumblecore, crime, etc.
>>
>>79174153
What kind of indie movies do you want?
>>
>>79174298
Indie applies to so many fucking films that it's basically an obsolete term.
The Wolf of Wall Street is technically an independent film,but somehow I doubt that that was what was meant you fucking dipshit
>>
>>79174326

lol yea sorry. man i dont know im not a kinophile
i like movies like the guest, im a pleb
>>
but just name some you guys like not looking for anything terribly specific

thanks dudes
>>
>>79174356
I am not OP. He asked you for indie films, that's it, obviously independent of genre, check your autism you fucking pleb.

"define indie" you expect him to answer "horror"? Are you an actual mentally deficient retard? Indie films has it's own specific meaning and is simply a film made outside of the major movie studios.
Literally, kill yourself.
>>
>>79174498
You're doing great.
>>
>>79174448
>The Wolf of Wall Street is technically an independent film

Holy fucking shit.

'no'. Small production companies are not independent production companies, literally what? DiCaprio and Scorsese are responsible for 2/3rds of production. If that classes as an indie film for you, I am afraid you ARE actually a literal retard.
>>
>>79174607
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_of_Wall_Street_(2013_film)#Production
>In 2012, a green light was given by the independent company Red Granite Pictures allowing no restrictions to the content development.
>independent company Red Granite Pictures

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_film
>An independent film or indie film is a feature film that is produced outside of the major film studio system, in addition to being produced and distributed by independent entertainment agencies.

BTFO

you're an idiot, get the fuck off my board and don't return until you learn what you're talking about before talking about it
>>
>>79174777
>1/3rd of production = enough evidence to refute the other 2/3rds of production

I am not sure what you are doing? But okay.
>>
>>79174847
>distributed by
>paramount pictures
>>
>>79174847
Scorsese and Leo are not production companies you idiot. Whether or not it's independent has no relation to how famous the producers are you literal moron
Fuck, stop replying you know literally nothing

"Independent film" is an actual term that means something in relation to the film's production, not a retarded notion of famous the film seems
>>
>>79175005
>Scorsese and Leo
No? But they own 2 production companies which had a hand in producing this film?

Here is what you are doing, you have one singular independent producer, among 3, and a professional distributer (paramount).

You simply cannot claim this is an indie flick, because 1/4th of it is indie developed. I mean maybe if it was independently distributed you might have an argument.

I mean, you lined the definition yourself.
> in addition to being produced and distributed by independent entertainment agencies.
>>
>no movie suggestions
>>
>>79175417
You don't find indie movies, you find indie directors.

Pleb.
>>
>>79175445
You don't find indie directors, indie directors find you.
>>
The Squid and the Whale
Strangeways
>>
>>79174153
Your mom's sex tape with the local street gang
>>
File: 2541753914_dfb6a0929d.jpg (140KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
2541753914_dfb6a0929d.jpg
140KB, 500x345px
>>79175467
Now you're getting it.
>>
>>79175175
Redgranite produced the film
Even if leo and Scorsese's production companies were involved as primary producers and not small out-sourced elements, their companies are still independent companies too you idiot

TWOWS is technically an indie film, no matter how wrong that seems to your retarded brain

(Indie films are almost always distributed by non-indie companies at some point, if you want to be pedantic over that than only the most unheard of films would count)
>>
>>79175175
>>79174871
>distribution makes an indie movie not indie anymore
Lmao
>>
>>79175644
You are actually still going, kek.

>TWOWS is technically an indie film, no matter how wrong that seems to your retarded brain
It literally, by your definition, is not. But by all means, continue to make words and put them online.
>>
>>79175644
>The pair had to find other ways to fund the film, turning to Red Granite Pictures. Many believed the company to be a start-up, having made just one film previously, but somehow they gave the duo $100 million to make The Wolf of Wall Street.

>It has since been alleged that the company managed to raise the money by diverting state funding from the Malaysian government into the film; money that was meant to be spent spurring on local economic development rather than on Hollywood movies.

>indie film company because they say so in their name

I don't think you really know what you are doing.

>>79175694
Yes?
>An independent film or indie film is a feature film that is produced outside of the major film studio system, in addition to being produced and distributed by independent entertainment agencies.
>and distributed by independent entertainment agencies.
I mean, that's the definition he is using, and obviously The Wolf Of Wall street has been distributed by many other companies other than Paramount, via listing it's pretty obvious Paramount did the initial distribution, they didn't pick it up later, they were contracted to distribute it.
>>
>>79175704
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_film
>Ironically, although released by a major studio, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, produced and financed entirely by Lucasfilm (whose parent company, Disney, distributed the film), is currently the highest grossing independent film in box office history.

Happy? From the same page
>>
>>79175694
>>79175704
>>79175789
>>79175811

wow you autistic cumbubbles really derailed my thread

haha, oh well
>>
>>79174153
>tfw no transhumanism gf
>>
>>79175933
not our fault that you're a pleb who started a dogshit thread
just google it you fuckwad
>>
>>79175933
You're retarded. First person trying to help you gets a non answer by your mongoloid ass, you have two brain cells and no idea what you're talking about and you made a shitty thread in general, boo hoo, fag
>>
>>79174153
imagine fucking here sideways after she removes the leg
>>
>>79175811
>Star Wars: The Force Awakens, produced and financed entirely by Lucasfilm

I mean, maybe if Granite films solely financed and produced it?

>totally missing the point where Granite Films is a scam company and cannot even be considered legitimate
xD

Yes, indie film producers have 100million to throw around.

Kek.
>>
>>79174153
Raiders of the lost Ark
>>
File: HAPPYleo.png (256KB, 273x354px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPYleo.png
256KB, 273x354px
>>79176188
>the wolf of wall street had a higher budget than the force awakens
>>
>>79175593
ops*
it's actually Sideways
>>
>>79176188
>Yes, indie film producers have 100million to throw around.
>independent is somehow related to how much money that INDEPENDENT company has
How often did your mother drop you on your head as an infant?
>>
>>79174153
Man From Earth

It's one of the films I have enjoyed most, and is also one of the few I can enjoy watching more than once.
>>
>>79174153
little miss sunshine
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_(1990_film)
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0105411/
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0122529/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waitress_(film)
>>
>>79176059
>>79176053

hahaha, good one dudes
>>
>>79176307
You are still going.

An indie film producer is directly linked to how much his or her company has. Kek. This is directly fucking linked in with your original comment? The fact that this, a high budge, as you call it, "is not the indie film he would be looking for.

But yes, care to explain how an 'indie' company who had proceeded one singular film had 100m dollars? They are obviously not independent xD.

If you knew ANYTHING about the production of this film, they circumvented the major studies as a ways to put more 'shit' into their movie. And they picked a dubious, at best, "indie" production company.

I mean, you understand what Hollywood accounting is, and how, although I did not know this earlier, Granite films is a indie company in name only?

You can keep going all you want, you are literally arguing 1/5th of the creation of this film being indie therefore the film is an indie film. That 1/5th is a literal scam.
>>
>>79174153
is it just me or does that leg instantly make her really fucking cool?
>>
>>79176458
Don't bother, I am leaving.
>>
>>79176458
we've established the TFA is an independent film, yes? Lucas Arts spent well over $100m on that
stay autistic bro
>>
>>79176494
It's not just you, it is cool, interesting, etc. My ex had a beautiful cousin who was missing an arm and I wanted to protect her and snuggle.
>>
>>79176725
pretty sure the japs have a whole anime genre for that
>>
bump 4 indie
>>
>>79174153
>Insists he's posting a serious thread
>Using an off-topic generic hot girl image

You'll get nothing and like it
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.