[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARRIVAL THREAD #5644

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: arrivalposter.jpg (286KB, 800x1249px) Image search: [Google]
arrivalposter.jpg
286KB, 800x1249px
HEY GUYS LET'S ARGUE ABOUT LITERAL PLOT POINTS OF A VISUAL MEDIUM FOR THE EIGHT TIME TODAY

WE SURE AS HELL DIDN'T MAKE THE SAME EXACT POSTS YESTERDAY AND THE DAY BEFORE THAT

CINEMATOGRAPHY PRETTY BUT TIME THINGY MAKES NO SENSE RIGHT
>>
>>79168699
>CINEMATOGRAPHY PRETTY
I haven't been to /tv/ in a while, but this is the consensus? Fuck I really found it super underwhelming. I'm also not a fan of the purposely underexposed everything, even if it makes it stand out.
>>
>>79168699
Calm down autist
>>
File: autism13.jpg (74KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
autism13.jpg
74KB, 367x500px
>>79168699
>>
I hate that an actor or director will do some scifi or capeshit and then their previous kino work starts popping up. fucking plebs.
>>
File: big guy mad.jpg (275KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
big guy mad.jpg
275KB, 600x901px
>>79168699
Arrival is Villeneuve's latest yearly-attempt to convince pseudo-cinephiles that he's an artist. In it, he has a vague non-sensical sci-fi plot about time travel. Where smart films, such as the original Iron Man or Christopher Nolan's Inception, construct a believable world and then weave sci-fi themes around it, Arrival goes full idiocy. We get telepathic aliens that look like hands and can see the future who teach Amy Adams to time travel so that she can save the world so that the world can save the aliens in the future. Sounds stupid? That's because it is. And don't be confused by the trailers, there are no big set-pieces, no explosions or shoot-outs. Just 2 hours of Amy Adams acting confused before she realises that Jeremy Renner is the father of her dead baby from the future. Yeah.
Arrival is an attempt to copy Nolan's contemporary classic, Interstellar, but without the interesting space-travel and without the emotional impact that leaves you in tears. I'd say Villeneuve needs to take a break from filmmaking to figure out his strengths, but BladeRunner 2 is coming soon so we know there's no hope of that happening.
>>
>>79168699
> VISUAL MEDIUM

Did it ever occur to you that the denizens of /tv/ communicate in a visual fashion?
>>
>>79169630
I can't believe this guy fucking saved his pasta to post it in every single Arrival thread. People are so fucking crazy.
>>
>>79169586
?

both prisoners and sicario are well known but still decent at best
>>
>>79168699
Dude Globalism lmao
>>
>>79169630
I know this is probably pasta bait, but at least Interstellar was a solid film. Arrival is chopped up with constant flashbacks of her daughter, it's fucking annoying.
>>
To be honest that how discussing movies generally works. 99% of the audience aren't equipped to talk about anything but the plot and the characters. Stuff like editing and cinematography does affect people's perception of the film but most of us don't notice the actual techniques most of the time and lack the terminology for it.

Look at BLM. Those guys are movie buffs and amateur film makers. They are supposed to know their shit and yet all they talk about are plot holes and whether it looked pretty.
>>
DUDE RUSSIANS AND CHINESE ARE DUMB AND EVIL LMAO
>>
>>79168699
ENOUGH ARRIVAL THREADS EVEN IF IT IS A THREAD MOCKING THE ABUNDANCE OF ARRIVAL THREADS
>>
>>79169630
What do you have to say about Sicario?
>>
>>79168699
>he thinks arrival, the latest capeshit by Villeneuve is ANYTHING but plot

pleb
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.