[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when will season 3 ever gonna start ?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 10

File: rickmorty.jpg (242KB, 2048x973px) Image search: [Google]
rickmorty.jpg
242KB, 2048x973px
when will season 3 ever gonna start ?!
>>
>reddit and memey
>>
>>79165349
is that the best you can do?
>>
literally who watches this show besides reddit shitters?
>>
>nobody exists on purpose
What the actual fuck does this mean. If a man and a woman were trying for a child and give birth, that child exists on purpose. This is just edgy for the sake of being edgy
>>
>>79165374
alot of people watch, it's popular
>>
>muh reddit nihilism

this triggers me
>>
>>79165374
there are dozens of us
>>
They hired a bunch of female writers, then had to delay the entire season for rewrites because they thought the scripts were too bad to air.

Show is pen gilette tear.
>>
>>79165377
'on purpose' often implies 'by their own doing'
>>
>>79165377
let's rephrase it then:

the child will have no purpose, other than procreating. at which it might even fail.
>>
>>79165456
wait, so they had to rewrite the eps that these female "writers" created?

Did they get rid of the writers?
>>
I like Rick and Morty but I hate how their low-effort nihilistic wanking is picked up and repeated endlessly by the shit fanbase like it's some kind of deep philosophy. the show should go back to being ridiculous and irreverent instead of ending every episode with a sad song
>>
>>79165456
You would think Harmon learned his lesson after his fiasco of a marriage.
>>
>>79165470
Shouldn't the line be nobody exists WITH purpose then? Maybe I'm autistic but the phrasing is weird
>>
>>79165533
no, it's perfectly cromulent usage
>>
>>79165504
>the child will have no purpose
Says who? The guys who make an edgy adult swim cartoon?
>my parents didn't love me and my life is depressing so this must be the norm for everybody! Wubba lubba dubdub!
>>
Reddit: the show
>>
>>79165434
Yes I know dozens of /tv/ posters are niglets from plebbit
>>
>>79165505
No, they wrote scripts and im sure the (((female))) writers didnt like the script so they delayed the show for rewrites
>>
>>79165521

>the show should go back to being ridiculous and irreverent instead of ending every episode with a sad song

It should but comedy is hard so it wont
>>
>>79165527
Elaborate.
>>
>>79165377
Read: noone make children for a reason.

Which is factually true
>>
>>79165624
Listen to Harmontown when he was still with Erin. More times than not she'd start drama and get the audience to hate him. Hell, you can actually listen to their marriage end in the one when Erin comes back from Ireland.
>>
>>79165696
They might have made a child to continue the family business, to have a child to take care of the farm, take care of the grandparents when they older.

You're factually incorrect. Not everything is about instant gratification. Some people think long term.

Why the fuck do you think that african niggers get 12 children? They want someone to take over the farm. And you're racist if you say that what they're doing is wrong.
>>
Fucking reddit.
>>
>>79165588
nice dubs
>>
File: fire.jpg (27KB, 203x250px) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
27KB, 203x250px
>>79165349
>>79165374
>>79165423
OH MY GOD THIS FIRE IS SO REDDIT
>>
Dan Harmon is very talented but his broken psyche and constant fighting with everyone always destroy his products.
>>
>>79165349
DANK
A
N
K
>>
>>79165260
Is that a quote from the show? So insightful, it blew my mind
>>
>>79165260
Whoa really makes you think
>>
>>79165374
Literally millions.
It's one of the most popular cartoons in years.
>>
File: 1426467217270.jpg (43KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
1426467217270.jpg
43KB, 600x706px
>>79165260
>sincerely love the show
>4chan hates it

You all have to learn how to enjoy things.
>>
>>79165983
>Expecting anything from /contrarian/
>>
File: 1485971420431.gif (841KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485971420431.gif
841KB, 800x800px
>>79165260
>>79165932
>>
>>79165260

Why do reddit kids love nihilism and existentialism so much?
>>
>>79165946
>2 million peak viewership

Whoa! Less than Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and even fucking Regular Show!
Incredible!
>>
>>79166028
>implying local fedoras don't
>>
>>79165983
they loved it too
then it got popular

This board is just a bunch of contrarian faggots that hate anything reddit likes.
That's why their only criticism of the show is that it's "reddit"
>>
Honestly was a great season one, season two started to have more misses than hits but still pretty funny

Im scared for season three, they had a formula and they seem to have thrown it away for 2deep4u episodes
>>
>>79166028
Because they are teenagers who think they are smart for rebelling with their shallow understanding of the world and nihilism itself.
>>
>>79165794
He's wrong because his interpretation of the line is wrong
The meaning is that humanity or life in general do not naturally have any sort of special meaning or purpose in the grand scheme of things
It's not particularly deep or complex but the idea that so many people here are getting it completely wrong is kind of funny
>>
is the rest of the show worth watching if i think the first episode is unfunny garbage?
>>
>>79165909
This, imagine if he hadn't been fired from Community for being a shithead. It was already on a bit of a slope during season 3 but doing season 4 without him was such a stupid fucking idea. The entire series could've been a must-watch rather than just the first 3 season with the last two as an addendum if you really need more.
>>
>>79166262
Are you a manchild or teenager?
>>
Whoa this show is SOO DEEP BRO.
>>
>>79166229
Nice backpedaling faggot.

No one ever said that there is an objective purpose for human life. It's all subjective. For example no one loves you and therefore won't miss you. Therefore your life is meaningless.

That's not actually true, your life could have meaning. But because you're useless and no one cares about your life it doesn't have meaning to anyone.

If you weren't a total faggot maybe people would have cared about it. But they don't.
>>
>>79165377
You making this comment is the only thing edgy about it you tryhard cum dumpster.

Nice dubs tho
>>
>>79166273
>Implying season 3 was good
>>
>>79165377
>literally too dumb for reddit and memey
you need kill yourself immediately
>>
>>79166060
>Because they are teenagers who think they are smart for rebelling with their shallow understanding of the world and nihilism itself.

Best post. It's a great show and it is sad that it is getting stuck in the SJW political correctness wave that is hitting the world. What the world needs to realize is that PC needs to die. Rick and Morty does a great job of this and it is now running the risk of getting ruined because they hired on a bunch of liberal women who think it isn't nice to make fun of things.
>>
>>79166429
One of the episodes in S1 literally ends with the main characters beating a bunch of neo-nazis or something. Hell the show's preachy treatment of preschool existentialism is about as inoffensive and "PC" as you can get when discussing philosophy.
>>
>>79166429
>they hired on a bunch of liberal women who think it isn't nice to make fun of things.
I'm sure you have links for this right? You're not just an autist crying about PC to forget your horrible own life, right?
>>
>>79165377
It means the child never intended to exist. No one starts a plan with, Step 1: Be born.
>>
File: dick_and_morty.png (136KB, 602x510px) Image search: [Google]
dick_and_morty.png
136KB, 602x510px
>>
>>79166536
my understanding is that new writers (females) were hired to water down the humor that made this show great to appeal to a wider audience. their network's primary complaint being that the show doesn't reach deep enough with the ladies.

it just makes sense that the intention is to make the humor "safer."
>>
>>79165521

LOOK ON DOWN FROM THE BRIIIIIIIDGE
>>
>>79165377
>nobody belongs anywhere
it's a typical globalist message, don't expect it to make sense
>>
>>79165909
Dan Harmon is talented. But I wouldn't say he is VERY talented.
>>
>>79165377
It's kike propaganda anon, it's always kike propaganda.
>>
>>79165946
thanks for clearing that up

And here I just assumed it was one person stuck in a temporal anomaly from a time machine accident that watched it once super imposed over 2 million times.
>>
File: 1486075752930.jpg (44KB, 600x732px) Image search: [Google]
1486075752930.jpg
44KB, 600x732px
>>79165260
after i have spent time away from the show, its good but like messages like that make me facepalm, like no shit right, but all theses kids trip and think is so funny like fuck do you people think for yourself?
>>
>>79166740
Nice sources you cited there, really appreciate the depth of your speculation
>>
i like this show
i find it funny
i anticipate season 3

what kind of plot awaits interplanetary earth?
>>
>>79167089
>pic related
>its a mindless fucking yoshi just like you, going to jump to his death because your master told him to. spineless fuck. you fall and die shit lord.
>>
>>79167129
>another yoshi ready to suck the tit of his master
>>
>>79165564
Thinking life has no purpose and being depressed aren't the same thing.
>>
>>79165564
what's so scary about not having a purpose in life?
I don't understand your problem and why that sounds "edgy" to you.
>>
>>79167201
>this
hes 16 anon, give him time
>>
>>79165260
Can /tv/ give me a quick rundown on why this show is hated here? Is it because reddit likes it?

I'm asking because the hate surprises me, I think it's bretty gud, though I never discussed it with anyone.
>>
>>79167256
read the hate anon, it in the thread, go up
>>
>>79167256
It's mostly a meme at this point
>>
>>79165983
Season 1 was good, season 2 was mediocre, and now season 3 will be shit.
>>
>>79167256
tired humorand tacked on "deep" reflections like the one in OP to make people feel smart for watching it?
>>
>>79166044
It's an AS show, it's normal getting less viewers compared to daytime and children friendly cartoons on CN
>>
omg i know that feel hahahhaha xD
>>
>>79167280
>>79167288
Yeah but does /tv/ think it's actually shit or is it mostly the anti-reddit sentiment?

Though I find it odd reddit would love this show, when it's a reddit kid getting constantly BTFO by his unapologetically [everything reddit hates] grandpa.
>>
>>79167256
usual "hate" of something popular
just watch the first few episodes. if you like it, go on. if not, than you wont like the rest either.
>>
>>79165377
Context is important here, it's actually a very lovable show. Bittersweet is a good way to describe it.
>>
>>79167347
Idk, most of the pretentious stuff seems to come from a stupid kid who then ends up being proven wrong by an old asshole.
>>
>>79165434
DOZENS!
>>
>>79165260

lets hope not.

rick and morty is the exact kind of garbage that people consume like mcdonalds.
>>
>>79167123
read in previous r&m thread.
>read it on the internet
>>
>>79167680
>rick and morty is the exact kind of garbage that people consume like mcdonalds.

>get stoned
>consume after 11pm

Yep, that checks out.
>>
>>79167256
Blanket hate. Almost no reasons are ever given. Hell, half the shitposts include the words "meme" or "fanbase".

Most of them have never even seen it, I'd bet. It ok not to like a show, but that isn't what is happening here.
>>
>>79165456
Or maybe Dan Harmon is literally on the ASD spectrum, requires full creative control, and is impossible to work with. As demonstrated by what happened with community
>>
You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.
>>
Honestly, I just want new episodes of GVP
>>
>>79167680
You don't eat McDonalds? You're missing out, they do great work
>>
>>79167964
Doesn't feel like you've watched the show at all. Sounds more like you heard people quoting lines, saw some nihilistic quotes, and formed an opinion on what it is probably like.
>>
>>79168063
i've watched every episode at least twice. I think he's spot on.
>>
>>79168063
Dude, the message of the show is the same kind of shit you see on the front page of r/atheism. I like some of the Rick and Morty episodes, but it's literally the definition of edgy.
>>
>>79168122
Agree with you and I also watched the whole thing 2 times.

I like it, but most of the criticisms are valid, especially the characters being even more carricatures than they were at the start (Jerry especially).
>>
>>79168063
it's pasta m8
doesn't mean it isn't true
>>
>>79165260
what a faggot picture jesus christ

i want to stab fat harmon in his fat fucking cunt face
>>
>All these jerrys

kek
>>
>>79165260

>BREAKING NEWS DEPRESSION RATES AMONG TEENAGERS CONTINUE TO SKYROCKET

i wonder why
>>
>>79168352
Because they're faggots?
>>
>>79168352
dude I'm depressed because of some dumb pseudointellectual line from a cartoon lmao
>>
>>79168352
dumb millenials, amirite? waaah, where's my pumpkin spice latte, I want it now or I won't be able to pay off my giant student loans and get housing in 20 years
>>
>>79168390
you just don't get me mom, you just don't get it do you?
>>
>>79165260
We get it Dan you're working on it you don't have to market this all the time.
>>
>>79168242
I don't get where do people get this message from, though. It's a futurama-like episodic adventure cartoon in space. The supposed existentialism is tacked onto that.
>>
>shit posting on 4chan for attention
get back to work roiland/harmon
you're female hires aren't gonna do the work for you
>>
File: rdit nd memey.jpg (72KB, 796x960px) Image search: [Google]
rdit nd memey.jpg
72KB, 796x960px
>>79165260
Woah....so deep....really makes you think huh ?
>>
>>79168667
what a shit pic
>>
File: 2deep.png (119KB, 1333x553px) Image search: [Google]
2deep.png
119KB, 1333x553px
>>79168724
FUCK OFF!!!!!
Rick and Morty is the best cartoon, you either don't get it or you just want to hate it because you are a contrarian
>>
>>79165521
>ending every episode with a sad song
What, 2/20 episodes?
>>
>>79169086
try 12 you dumbass
>>
>>79167799
This guy gets it.

Gas the kikes
>>
>>79169108
Name every single one in order you full nigger
>>
>>79166044
Regular show is the only good of those three
>>
>>79168950
jesus, that reads like some autistic post made pasta or the beginning of a story in which he obsesses over the guy to the point of stalking him IRL
>>
>>79165377
Whenever anyone says life has no meaning I just shrug. Life is what you make it, I don't get what the big deal is.
>>
>>79166536
>You're not just an autist crying about PC to forget your horrible own life, right?

Literally 70% of 4chan is just this
>>
>>79166044
>all children's shows
I wonder how it compares to spongebob and dora
>>
I've not been exposed to the Rick & Morty fanbase, and I'm sure they're obnoxious as you say, but disliking something for its fanbase is something you grow out of as you get older.

For instance, I don't read the webcomic Homestuck. Not because of its terrible, terrible fanbase, but because I think the comic sucks dick. It's okay if you think Rick & Morty sucks, but why harp on about the people who like it like it's actually affecting your life?

The desire to have your taste be the best and for everything you like to have some degree of objective superiority to everything you hate is also something that fades as you grow up. I can watch this cartoon without worrying about how it makes me look or slashing my wrists when there's a bad episode or a bad joke.

It's really not worth the venomous tirades. It's just a way to pass the time.
>>
>>79165260
The way that season 2 was going I honestly hope season 3 never starts.
>>
>>79167799
I've watched a few episodes with a friend who likes it, and was unbearably unfunny. The dialogue wasn't engaging. The jokes weren't funny. The characters arent interesting. The art style is pathetic.
>>
File: IMG_6900.jpg (28KB, 350x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6900.jpg
28KB, 350x293px
I think it's a pretty good cartoon.

I like the sci-fi theme and bizarre alternative realities. The episodes with the fake characters was amazing

Still I find Rick annoying as fuck.

It's a great show to watch high
>>
>>79165983
Season 1 was fairly good, season 2 was completely shit in comparison.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.