[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather follow Captain Speirs or Major Winters into battle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: slide-04-1280.jpg (212KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
slide-04-1280.jpg
212KB, 1000x562px
Would you rather follow Captain Speirs or Major Winters into battle?
>>
>>79153937
i literally just finished watching this series for the first time all the way through (i'd always stopped before Bastogne for some reason).

I'd have to say Major Winters because he didn't take unnecessary risks and was very level-headed. Captain Spiers is ballsy and brave, but I'm not sure I'd want to have to keep up with him.
>>
>>79155451
basatogne is probably the best episode imo. doc roe is one cool dude.

I have to agree on Major Winters- really good leader. That scene where he runs ahead of his men, with the red smoke grenades was insane.
>>
File: grandpa.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
grandpa.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>79155740

A popular opinion. Bastogne is top 3 for sure. My favorite is The Breaking Point and I can't decide wheter the first or last episode is on my top 3. The ending to the first and last episode are so memorable.

I remember when Shifty Powers died the same summer when Michael Jackson passed away but it went under the radar. Then last year ol' Gonorrhea passed away, I think there's only one veteran who was interviewed on the show is still alive.
>>
>>79157409

Damnit he passed away in 2014, my bad. Feels like it happened yesterday.
>>
>In 1970, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol. The bullet entered his left temple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed his optic nerves and left him blind. He was later moved to a VA assisted living facility in Waukegan, Illinois. He resided there for his last seventeen years until his death due to malnutrition on September 30, 1987. No services were held for him after his death.

just fuck my life up
>>
Major Winters

To the very end.
>>
>>79157472
I am deathly afraid of someone I know attempting suicide. I want to be there for them. I don't want to fail them.
>>
File: Ack-Ack.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ack-Ack.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>79153937

Neither, since we would most likely end up in some place that wasn't a cakewalk like France.

I'd rather have Ack-Ack, he lead from the front.
>>
I don't know why people always go on about Bastogne.

I don't enjoy either of the episodes that take place in there. The first half of the show is great and the followup for Bastogne with Webster is also pretty great. Somehow Bastogne is just heavy to watch through and not in the feels kind of way. The Pacific is a lot harder when it comes to feels but I've never felt the same watching it.
>>
>>79158208
You're my bro, I want you to know that.
>>
We need a new mini series in this style already
>>
>>79159116
Mighty Eighth fucking when
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBy_FIlcOJs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.