[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you work in /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1483375147055.png (760KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483375147055.png
760KB, 960x640px
So, /tv/, how many of you actually work in the television/film industry?
If so, what do you do?
How do you like it?

I've been pretty directionless in life thus far, I'm currently in NEET-mode. And I realized I might enjoy working in tv or film. I live in Georgia, near Atlanta, and in recent years studios have been emerging, adding on to the already existing music scene here. As many of you may already know, this is where they shoot The Walking Pleb. I figured even though most tv and film are low-quality pleb shit these days, there still might be some enjoyable aspects to working on a film crew or production team.

So if any of you work in television/film, feel free to share stories or advice about the industry.

Also, pic unrelated, but feel free to Chloepost anyway.
>>
>>79149046
is this a JoJo reference
>>
>>79149097
The pic is, yes.
>>
>>79149046
I do lighting for television. It's a pretty chill job. 95% of the time you're not really doing anything at all so you just get to bum around with all the other techies. Pay's pretty good, it's damn awkward to get into if you don't have decent connections however.
>>
>>79149695
Sounds neat. I spend an awful lot of time sitting on my ass anyway so I think I could be good at it.

>it's damn awkward to get into if you don't have decent connections
How did you get into it? What kind of qualifications would they even look for when looking for a lighting guy?
>>
>>79149902
Broadcasting Communications and Photography bachelors degrees. Had honors in photography which no doubt helped. Prior to getting the TV gig I did theater for three years, so I got a lot of connections there. Eventually one of the directors I worked with switched to television and took me with him.
>>
>>79150102
I should probably add, if you seriously wanted a job in film/television, do make up or props. It's by far the most interesting job aside from being super high up.
>>
>>79149046
I actually coordinate Japanese TV shows.

Except for being good its also having good connections.
>>
I work as an art director at a small animation studio.

I hope to eventually make the transition to live action films.
>>
I would bang her if she actually looked more like that than she does now.

she just looks like a gondola with arms now
>>
Sound guy. It's alright. It's a lot of perks, and a lot of problems that you'll have to weight out. You're actually in a good place in GA for film production, a lot of shit isn't in Hollywood anymore. Get in on some shoots as a PA, see if you like it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.