[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Films that flopped but you enjoyed anyway I'll start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Titan_AE_One_Sheet.jpg (40KB, 300x443px) Image search: [Google]
Titan_AE_One_Sheet.jpg
40KB, 300x443px
Films that flopped but you enjoyed anyway

I'll start
>>
No idea, but I love that film. Lots of wasted potential, but it's still pretty damn cool because it tries to establish a larger setting.
>>
>>79139260
i loved this film as a kid, why did it flop?
>>
Didn't this film cause the studio to close?
>>
>>79139337
yes, it killed Fox Animation
>>
I unironically think this is the equal of Citizen Kane. First attempt at photorealistic 100% CG, this is the future of filmmaking. It didn't get fair reviews because of the name, but at least Roger Ebert understood its significance:
"But the look of the film is revolutionary. ''Final Fantasy'' is a technical milestone, like the first talkies or 3-D movies. You want to see it whether you care about aliens or space cannons. It exists in a category of its own, the first citizen of the new world of cyberfilm."

It remains the only film I've seen twice in theaters.
>>
File: super1_6509(2).jpg (51KB, 280x436px) Image search: [Google]
super1_6509(2).jpg
51KB, 280x436px
>>
>>79140096
It's like Kick Ass, except good. James Gunn also worked on Tromeo and Juliet, which I also recommend.
>>
>>79140096
meh it was ok
defendor or special tier
>>
>>79140245
Defendor was good too but slightly inferior to Super.
>>
>>79140068
I agree with this.
The animation was incredible at that time and would still hold up nowadays if you look at what kind of garbage gets pumped out.
>>
>>79140068
I actually love this film, visual splendor at the time was unequalled

I should watch it again with a more critical eye to see if it's any good

>>79139260
This and treasure panet were both great
>>
I really liked the whole "humans are an endangered and minority species" angle over the usual humans being dominant or a major force in the universe thing it had going on.

The idea that we were just gutter rats that cleaned the windows and patched the holes in other alien's ships made a lot of sense. It's not like humans would stumble upon ayylmaos and not be seen as an underling race at least at first.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.