[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

computer/technology/internet movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: feardotcom.jpg (38KB, 299x444px) Image search: [Google]
feardotcom.jpg
38KB, 299x444px
So what are some best, worst, silliest etc. computer/internet related movies? Preferably from 90s to early 00s. For some reason I find these type of movies really comfy, probably because they hit so hard home. No matter how shitty the movie is, it's still pretty good as long as it's about computer technobabble.

Picture related. It's absolutely shitty Ring ripoff movie, yet it felt comfy at the same time.

The plot went something like this:
>website called feardotcom.com
>people log in to that site to see some fucked up gore shit
>then they die because some vengeful spirit of one of the site victims or something
>???
>techobabble, bad lighting, laughably bad acting, and lots of sweet sweet frontal nudity

So yeah, computer/tech/hacking movies etc.
>>
>>79137065

Ghost in the Machine, serial killer's digitized brain kills people over the internet
>>
File: lawnmower_man.jpg (29KB, 350x520px) Image search: [Google]
lawnmower_man.jpg
29KB, 350x520px
People like to trash this movie, but I enjoy it. I acknowledge how cheesy and silly it is, but I'm a sucker for 90s tech so I can't help but enjoy it.

It's loosely (very loosely) based on some Stephen King's story, but the writers took little bit too much liberties with the story and the final product had nothing to do with Stephen King, yet they kept using his name on the posters etc.
Stephen King sued the production company/writers and won, and thus his name was retracted from everything Lawnmover Man related. The original story didn't even have anything computer related.

I haven't seen the sequel, but it has even worse ratings than this.
>>
Kairo

Ignore the American remake 'Pulse' and it's shitty straight to dvd sequels
>>
I unironically liked Unfriended
>>
Micro Men - its the Revenge of the Nerds but for the British home computer industry, you can watch it on youtube

Downloaded - About Napster, Napster was the first major file sharing technology, so its history was significant as the RIAA totally did not understand this technology and tried to bury it instead of use it and integrate with it, so the fact that pirating is out of control today can all be traced back to this

BBS The Documentary - Before there was internet there was BBS, covers this technology thoroughly from beginning to end, can be watched on youtube
>>
File: strange days.jpg (54KB, 350x518px) Image search: [Google]
strange days.jpg
54KB, 350x518px
One of the most underrated movies ever. This movie should be up there instead of the Matrix.
>>
File: johnny mnemonic.jpg (86KB, 495x755px) Image search: [Google]
johnny mnemonic.jpg
86KB, 495x755px
I WANT ROOM SERVICE

I love this movie.
>>
File: Pulse-poster.jpg (51KB, 299x444px) Image search: [Google]
Pulse-poster.jpg
51KB, 299x444px
>Computers found a frequency that lets dead spirits come to our world

Overall a pretty dumb movie.
>>
>>79137193

I like how King refuses to put his name on this yet has no problem taking credit for Maximum Overdrive. What a hack.
>>
>>79137633

Seconded.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.