[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IMDB's message boards will be taken down on 20th February

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.png (39KB, 992x205px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
39KB, 992x205px
Will it be missed?

What is going to happen?

Did you use them?

>official link: http://www.imdb.com/board/announcement
>pasta: http://pastebin.com/ecBnNLew
>>
>>79134294
>is this racist?
>where can i buy it?
>great soundtrack!
Good riddance.
>>
Truly the end of an era.
>>
>>79134294
I didn't even know it had one
>>
The larger boards for blockbusters and general discussion were cancer but the smaller boards for older movies were great. Really a stupid decision.
>>
>>79134294
That's actually sort of funny. The boards were awful, but I never thought they would do anyhing about them.
>>
>>79134294
I haven't posted there regularly since about 2007. I had so much fucking fun posting on the Hounddog board back then. You have no idea how much fun it was to piss off the freaks who would get furious if you said anything even remotely negative about Dakota Fanning.
>>
>>79134294
>watch some older movie
>enjoy it
>go to imdb to see if anyone is talking about it
>join the conversation
>have a good time
damn i'm gonna miss that
>>
>>79134294
I used them my current acct is From 04 had other accts but deleted them all earliest acct was from 99 they're ballbags for closing down the boards but what the fuck
>>
File: 1486247300267.jpg (143KB, 822x809px) Image search: [Google]
1486247300267.jpg
143KB, 822x809px
>>
Why are they closing shit down? It seems like all over the Internet, user interaction is being shut down or regulated to extreme levels.
>>
>>79134536
The real cringe is you posting that again and again
>>
>>79134555
money, basically. the ceo posted 6 months(ish) ago and said that it wasn't financially viable. only a small fraction of customers (the word he used kek) use them, they don't earn anything from them. so they shut it down.
>>
Good riddance. I made some cringe worthy posts there as a kid and I hope I never see that shit again.
>>
>>79134536
what movie is the poster talking about?
>>
>>79134612
B-but /pol/ told me it was because liberals..

To be honest this is what adblockers are doing to the internet. Webmasters can't maintain the costs of running large scale websites if they don't have another medium bringing in income, so they're all becoming either stripped down or entirely subscription based.
>>
Good. The more of these cesspools die the better. I can't wait for 4chan to die so all the neckbeards commit mass suicidde
>>
File: Leon.jpg (36KB, 813x177px) Image search: [Google]
Leon.jpg
36KB, 813x177px
>>79134705
Shame
>>
>>79134705
the one with magneto making some anglo whore wet in the subway
shameless I think
>>
>>79134777
it's not just about adblockers, but selling expensive ads is hard when it comes to hundreds of thousands of different small-population message boards unlike high-visit movie pages or the front page itself, so they could only seel cheap ads and click-to-earn/sign-on ads where you actually have to sign up for stuff for imdb to make money. no one really does that on message boards, adblock or not.
>>
I'll miss it, it's like a /tv/ I can browse in work
>>
>tfw you realize a large group of those absolute mongoloid retards that spent all their time circle jetting there and having the worst most plebeian film and TV discussion on the entire Internet are now going to come here to get their talking about movies fix

A great plague is upon us, I welcome death. ;^)
>>
>>79135102
nah, they're going to criterion and rt. maybe reddit.
>>
>>79134294
i never used them but i loved glancing at them for movies i wouldnt be able to discuss anywhere else. most are like a timegate
>>
>>79134294
I love the message boards pre 2012

Will suck that we wont be able to now go to a site to discuss an actual certain movie
>>
>>79135070
This. I used to spend hours reading the boards and I loved the "100 things I learned from so and so film"
>>
>>79134294
IMDb boards were super fucking cancerous.

i'm legitimately convinced that nobody who posts there actually enjoys watching movies.

either way, goodbye proto-/tv/ you'll be missed by some but not by me or anyone i know personally desu desu
>>
>>79135102
So... they'll finally be home.
>>
>>79135298
Actually... that's true.

I was gonna say letterboxd but being serious that's no place for discussion.

Perhaps allmovies?

Reddit just doesn't fucking work for this, due to the fucking voting system and people only flocking to majoritarian subreddits.
>>
>>79135347
This. Going from IMDB to /tv/ was legendary for me. I love all the discussions of Star Wars, DC here.

I just wish the Blacked and Pedo threads would go away.

>mfw we will never find that Canadian who posts them
>>
>>79135347
There are kind of autism beyond the limits of this website
>>
>>79134399
>>79134501
this is,especially if it's some strange old ass foreign movie that you have to "interpreted " , always nice to be able to quickly glance over a discussion and have people clear things up
>>
>>79135399
I tried to use reddit and stated how I dont like what the MCU is doing. I got downvoted to the max and no one could read my post because it ended up on the lowest page or some shit.

Fuck that place
>>
IMDB had more varied discussion than any other movie website. Every other shitty website buries posts with their clusterfuck design so there's no point in trying to put in any effort.
>>
What a shame, they were full of trolling and shitflinging but there was sometimes interesting or entertaining points about films there. Nobody forced you to read that cesspit
>>
>>79134294
I stopped using IMDb ever since I got on /TV/
>>
File: LHR4ANm.jpg (14KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
LHR4ANm.jpg
14KB, 480x270px
Damn shame, message boards were pretty much he only reason I went to the website

>Tfw reading my old comments from 2004
>>
File: mfw39.jpg (60KB, 516x493px) Image search: [Google]
mfw39.jpg
60KB, 516x493px
>Boards go down
>Normies flood /tv/
>>
>>79135593
IMDB is the definition of clusterfuck
>>
>>79135849
Maybe for big movies but for smaller boards it was perfect. You could easily go through the 10-40 threads about random aspects of the film. Often you'd learn something or encounter different perspectives.
>>
>>79135812
she's cute
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.