[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw to smart to tell jokes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Stewart_Lee_500x400.jpg (51KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Stewart_Lee_500x400.jpg
51KB, 500x400px
>tfw to smart to tell jokes
>>
>>79130428
>tfw to smart to find any other comedian than stew funny
Fuck off back to your le tell a funny joke, shrug and then dodge your taxes reddit comedian
>>
>>79130978

I've seen too much stand-up and can't really find anyone but Stewart Lee funny now, either. I mean I still love listening to comics on podcasts or O&A type stuff, and I love Colin Quinn's one man shows, but just straight stand-up is pretty much unwatchable for me at this point.
>>
>>79131370
It's because he's one of the few that hasn't changed their humour to be broad enough to try and pull in as much audience as possible. Actually has an opinion on things.
>>
>>79131457
Well I think it's because he deconstructs the medium as a whole, with great delivery, so if you're really into comedy then you're going to appreciate what he does. Like you said, he has no interest in changing his style to fit a broader audience.

I disagree with pretty much every single opinion he has, though. Doesn't mean I can't find him funny when he talks about them. His immigration bit on Comedy Vehicle was fucking hilarious, for example.
>>
the scooby doo maggie thatcher skit is better than anything that /tv/ likes
>>
>>79131552
Pear Cider Made from 100% Real Pear was the first bit I saw of his that really got me into him. I also love the guy on youtube who takes his book quotes (where he does commentary on all of his sets from his specials) and puts them as annotations over the bits. It's amazing to watch them that way, you're laughing at both the bit itself and the meta commentary over the bit. I think all of his specials should just have that commentary as an option on the DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd4FfNpYxF0
>>
>>79131552
probably but it's still the most pleb joke he's ever done
>>
This is his best short bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzOv14fA-BI
>>
>>79130428
>tfw too smug to be funny
>>
>episode called 'islamaphobia'
>Stew immediately says 'Now we all know ISIS has nothing to do with Islam'
even as satire, it still triggered me. Some people will take that seriously
>>
>>79132235
Who cares? Some people are retarded. Stewart Lee plays an exaggerated version of himself on stage.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.