[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
thoughts?
>>
>>79127242
It's kino. Especially Miserable Mill.

NPH isn't even bad.
>>
>>79127242
It's good, but inferior to the film. In fact watching the show reminded me off how much I love the film.
>>
It's for kids. Time to grow up manchildren
>>
>>79127425
Imo the film tried too hard to be Gothic to the point where many of the costumes and set designs looked identical. Went full retard with the ending too.
>>
I'm watching it for violet desu

if I were olaf I'd fug her pusy
>>
>>79127496
>implying he didn't
>>
>>79127242
>>79127382
ITS NOT KINO

RINO KNOWS IT AINT KINO
>>
>>79127486
I loved the gothic look to be honest - it's a very distinctive style, that's at least true to the books. The design in the show is fine for what it is, but I think it's a shame they decided to do away with the gothic feel. I don't know why they thought it would be a good idea.

>Went full retard with the ending too.
Which part of the ending? The Baudelaires going back to their mansion one final time, and realising that not everything can be resolved was fantastic, and really works since the film is a standalone.

Do you mean the decision to place the wedding at the end of the film?
>>
>>79127486

but the film was essentially a comedy while the show stays truer to the tone of the book
>>
>>79127550
No that part of the ending was good, I'm talking about the magic fire-starting eye and Klaus burning the marriage contract.
>>
>>79127558
Absolute bollocks. The book is a gothic black comedy, and the film is a gothic black comedy. It's a bit less grim than the books, because it only covered the first three. It's not until the later book that the dark stuff comes out - and it's still humerous throughout.

The show is also dark at times, and is definitely a black comedy without the gothic aspect. But look at a scene like the house of the cliff. There is no tension in the show like there is in the book and movie - I don't know what they did, but they made the entire scene a farce. There was no weight to it. Stuff like that is definitely not true to the tone of the book.

>>79127601
Yeah, that wasn't good. I guess they thought it would have been too anti-climatic to end the film on a legal technicality.
>>
>>79127743
>But look at a scene like the house of the cliff
don't know how that came out so badly. Meant 'a scene like the house falling off the cliff'.
>>
>>79127242
Kino
>>
It's a great kids show, but a poor show for adults.
>>
doesn't klause look a bit like woody allen in annie hall?
>>
>>79127941
Now now, let's not insinuate anything, as far as we know woody Allen and annie hall were just good friends
>>
>>79127765
Gotta agree with you there. Wide Window was the weakest segment of the show though and the emotional weight returns full force in Miserable Mill.

>that scene where Klaus picks Sunny up and heads for the wood chipper
I actually flinched.
>>
>>79128066

pmsl well done however they were not just good friends they explicitly had sexual intercourse
>>
Watching as we speak. Loved the books as a kid, and I am enjoying it quite a lot. Casting is good.
>>
It has really great sets and the whole setting is done in a very good way
HOWEVER
the script can be horrible at times
>>
it's shit
every 2 episodes is the same fucking thing
>>
>>79128844
>t. I never read the books
>>
>>79127242
Whoa! They're rebooting Babylon 5!?
>>
>>79127425
>inferior to the film
How can one man be so wrong?
The only good part about the film is Emily Browning and her dick sucking lips.
>>
First 2 episodes were good.
Second 2 episodes were pretty good but not as good as the first
Third 2 episodes were the weakest but they had fun parts
Last 2 were absolute kino.

I'm sad they changed Orwell's violent buzz-saw death from the books though
>>
>>79129162
>fantastic soundtrack
>distinctive visuals
>interesting story that moves at a fast pace
>great acting

What was bad about the film again?
>>
I was positively surprised by how good Patrick Warburton was. The only thing I didn't really like was Will Arnett in a somewhat serious role (he will always be Gob Bluth for me) and I just fucking hate Cobie Smulders. NPH was good as Olaf, much better as Stefano. Cap'n Sham and Shirley were kinda underwhelming.
>>
>>79129232
Adapted from a book so it loses all it's charm and Nuances over a shorter run time
>>
>>79129209

wow. you rarely see spoilers used for anything but memes on 4chan to the point i just spoiled that for myself. lmao
>>
>>79127242
stupid Netflix shit, tries too hard
>>
>>79129256
I don't know what people saw on Stephano.

Sham and Shirley were so much better
>>
>>79129424
Oops.
Well, that ISNT what happens in the show, so dw too much
>>
>>79129232
>What was bad about the film again?
Jim Carrey.
>>
>>79129577
See
>>79129232
>>great acting
>>
>>79129633
>Jim Carrey
>great acting
Choose one.
>inb4 nostalgia memers
>>
>>79129673
His acting was great in the film though. I mean he's an over-actor that plays an over-actor, of course it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nb7VTuGv-Q
>>
>>79129577
Don't be retarded, he's Lawrence Olivier next to NPH's meme-ish cringe fest.

Every episode he seems to just do the same 5 gags - the most annoying being

Character 1: Count Olaf is going to do X

Count Olaf: WROOONG, I'm going to do X (the same thing from the first line).
>>
>>79127242
No Jim no good
>>
>>79129785
He did that like twice, and I'm pretty sure they both happened in the first "book"
>>
>>79130087
It happens at least once an episode.
>>
>>79130127
That is absolutely false.
>>
>>79130181
I thought his Capt. Sham was okay though.
>>
>>79127382
this

i didn't really like it much going into it but the series really hit it's stride after the first two episodes. maybe i just didn't like the bad beginning as a book. miserable mill was terrific. can't wait for more, QUAGMIRE HOYPE
>>
>>79129105
underrated post
>>
File: deckard cain.jpg (51KB, 454x615px) Image search: [Google]
deckard cain.jpg
51KB, 454x615px
>>79130246
>>79130181
Baudelaire's, stay a while and listen! Regrettably I could do nothing to prevent the disaster which devastated your mansion.
>>
>>79127242
Thank you mr. netflix shill.
>>
>>79130436

i wanted to specify it was the netflix one not the film. Jim carey and NPH count olaf look surprisingly similar
>>
I loved every Lemony Snicket monologue.
>>
>>79131459
Patrick Warburton was such a great choice for that role.
>>
>>79129785
WROOONG
He says that when some one suggests it's LIKE something he's going to do

seriously this shit's written for children how do you let sense and syntax fly over your head
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.