[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched this pile of shit for the first time. After the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

Just watched this pile of shit for the first time.
After the events of Aliens, Weyland-Yutani should've realized Ripley's story was legit, so why didn't they just get some Xeno eggs off the derelict instead of going to the prison planet?
>>
>>79121210
They wanted the queen from inside Ripley.

The real question is why anyone would want to shoot an entire Alien film in someone's basement.
>>
>>79121210
I thought the assembly cut was alright, it's quite depressing.
>>
Read about the development hell this film went through. I hate the film but it's a miracle it's even as good as it is. It's like 3 scripts balled into one by a dozen writers over several years. The whole thing was a fucking disaster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3#Development
>>
>>79121686
>>79121210
3 feels like maybe possibly there was a good movie there but the end result was pretty bad.

I prefer Resurrection because at least I can laugh at it. But both are not good.
>>
I know im in the minority here but I really liked 3. It returned alien back to being a stalking monster rather than just fodder for the main characters to shoot at. I also really enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the cold off colony prison its set in. To me it had more of that original Giger feel to it than 2 did. I also didnt mind the dog alien. The scene where it kills Tywin Lannister and reaches towards riply is one of the most iconic horror shots of all time. I think a lot of people misunderstand it, plus being the followup to James Camerons "run and gun high action" take on Alien and conpletely dismantling every idea of it by killing off 3/4 of the main characters immediately and secluding Ripley to a prison without weapons and etc. caught a lot of people off guard. Just a personal opinion.
>>
Here come the stream of contrarians coming to tell you this is actually the best of the Alien films
>>
>>79121907
Alien 9/10
Aliens 9/10
Alien3 8/10
all the other sequels sucked
Prometheus 6/10
>>
File: 1415689447414.jpg (274KB, 1200x805px) Image search: [Google]
1415689447414.jpg
274KB, 1200x805px
>>79121210
why they switch from dog to ox?
>>
>>79121686
>the script where the planet is made of wood
>the script where an army of power loaders fights an army of queens

jesus could they not come up with one good concept?
>>
>>79121907
Agreed

Alien>Alien3>Aliens
>>
>>79121686
>>79122707
>>the script where the planet is made of wood
>implying that wouldn't be GOAT
>>
>>79123263
anon pls
>>
>>79121907
>I know im in the minority here but I really liked 3. It returned alien back to being a stalking monster rather than just fodder for the main characters to shoot at. I also really enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the cold off colony prison its set in.
This is exactly why I like it, too. It's nowhere near the first two, obviously. But all of the original quadrilogy have their merits
>>
>>79121907
It's a good return to form, executed poorly
>>
>>79123309
Fuck off cameron DUDE SHOOT EM UP FUCK KINO

Newt is the worst most pointless character in cinematic history. Fincher is based.
>>
>>79121210
Theater version is okay, but assembly cut imakes it on par with the first 2 movie.
Also I think this has the second best costume design in the series after Alien.
>>
Alien 3 feel like a light hangover on a grey sunday morning.
>>
I honestly couldn't tell what was going on in the final chase scene. It was fucking incomprehensible.
>>
OP is a faggot.
>>
>>79123416
you're a fucking retard
>>
>>79121270
How did they know she had a queen inside her? Did the medbay transmit the information from the scan to WY Headquarters?
>>
File: The nose knows.jpg (330KB, 1677x1077px) Image search: [Google]
The nose knows.jpg
330KB, 1677x1077px
>>
>>79123341
>>79123263
>>79121907
>>79123315

Muh niggers
>>
File: alien-pnp.jpg (150KB, 1077x519px) Image search: [Google]
alien-pnp.jpg
150KB, 1077x519px
>>79121907
3 and Resurrection are GOAT
>>
>>79124081

I've never seen Resurrection but it certainly doesn't have as many people championing it as Alien 3.
Is it actually good or is this just a meme?
>>
>>79122707
That monastery planet concept would have been incredible
>>
>>79124089
It's good campy fun and an indulgent, guilty pleasure for Alien fans.
It's much more enjoyable than 3, not as memorable as 2 nor as well-made or cerebral as 1.
>>
>>79124089
It's totally a meme. There's some inventiveness in there, and they really do put new spins on the xenos and how humans interact with them, but overall the film is a fucking mess
>>
File: winona ryder as call.jpg (91KB, 863x600px) Image search: [Google]
winona ryder as call.jpg
91KB, 863x600px
>>79124089
>>79124218
It also has peak Winona
>>
File: Wooden_planet_Alien3.jpg (198KB, 1095x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Wooden_planet_Alien3.jpg
198KB, 1095x1013px
>>79124129
Godsdamnit
>>
>>79123341
>DUDE SHOOT EM UP FUCK KINO

Have you ever actually watched Aliens?
>>
I liked Alien Resurrection the most for me anyway. You can see and feel Whedon all over it and it makes it perfect.
>>
>>79124425
looks amazing but would've been way too expensive. alien3 takes place in a basement for a reason I suppose.
>>
>>79121210
I think Aliens 3 will always have a special place in my heart because it's literally set on a planet for NEETS
>>
File: alien3-stationary-188761.gif (2MB, 350x242px) Image search: [Google]
alien3-stationary-188761.gif
2MB, 350x242px
Alien 3 is a miracle considering the production hell it went through.

Personally I think it's a great film. A grim final chapter in the Ripley story arc. It captures the hopelessness of her fight and refreshingly veers away from the predictible happy ending tropes.

Resurrection is watchable if you consider it non-canon fan fiction for a bit of fun.
>>
>>79125311
They literally did nothing but work and pray, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>79121210
>why didn't they just get some Xeno eggs off the derelict
Man, this plagued my mind for decades now. Also why go after the stupid aliens at all? There is a huge ass spacecraft with who knows what kind of technology on board. Warpdrive, super weapons, immortality machines, who knows. But no, fucking acid blood is more interesting.
>>
>>79122707
>planet is made of wood
My grandfather used to talk about the old days, when the world was still made of wood. I always figured he was just being nostalgic, but maybe he was from a different planet? How is life in JUST WOOD?
>>
>>79125890
>Man, this plagued my mind for decades now. Also why go after the stupid aliens at all? There is a huge ass spacecraft with who knows what kind of technology on board. Warpdrive, super weapons, immortality machines, who knows. But no, fucking acid blood is more interesting.

Sounds like Covenant and Prometheus 3 are going to answer this.
>>
Alien=Aliens >>>>>>Resurrection >> 3
>>
>>79125063
>You can see and feel Whedon all over it and it makes it perfect.

Reddit is down the hall and to the left
>>
>>79125420
Underrated gif
>>
>>79124089
i like it, it's a fun 90ties action sci fi
>>
>>79125727
Maybe he meant incels?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.