[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a good guy or a bad guy? Debate his character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: moth.jpg (27KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
moth.jpg
27KB, 620x350px
Was he a good guy or a bad guy?

Debate his character
>>
>>79119681

No
>>
go back to /biz/
>>
>Morality is dichotomic
>>
He was a fucking horrible guy by any standard other than total relativism.
>>
File: 1486229628735.png (714KB, 647x583px) Image search: [Google]
1486229628735.png
714KB, 647x583px
The watch he wore the entire movie was literally there as a reminder as to how fucking awful a person he is, my dude.

Notice how during his speech to Nina near the start, his watch is damn near center frame? That wasn't a coincidence.
>>
He wasn't a bad guy, society was built by sociopaths so being a sociopath is the only way to get ahead, he was merely participating in the ladder climb.
>>
>>79119932
oh wow I completely forgot about that opening scene.

It seems kind of irrelevant to the rest of the movie. For the rest of the movie he seemed kind of socially awkward, and squirmy. Not the kind of guy who has the balls to just assault a cop (or kill him? Did he kill him?). Cause usually the kind of psychopaths that can take a cop's watch off him can also get laid, which he was hopeless at. Yeah, that opening scene doesn't fit in
>>
>>79119681
is that jake gyllenhal? what the FUCK happened to him?
>>
>>79119681

He was a psychopath. That makes him amoral, which most people consider bad.
>>
>>79120039
He lost a lot of weight for the role because he was playing a scuzzy psycho and because the director wanted those deep facial shadows.
>>
>>79119721
Kek. Just realized that hid character is literally /biz/.
>>
>>79120039
Movie "Nightcrawler"

He lost weight for the role. Pretty decent movie. He's probably back to full Gyllenhal now
>>
>>79120005
He probably just bashed his head in.

Also, what do you mean "doesn't fit"? It absolutely fits. He's a sociopath who lied, lied, lied, tampered with a crime scene shamelessly for cash, lied, withheld vital information from cops, started a shootout for money, lied, got his rival hospitalized (even though he was a right cunt, two wrongs =/= right), lied, then got his fucking partner KILLED because he asked him for more money to do risky, illegal shit.

He's scum. Downright scum. His only redeeming quality is his drive to get ahead. Did you not notice the irony of the last statement at the end of the movie? "I'll never ask you to do anything I wouldn't do." It's a joke. Because he would do LITERALLY anything.

Fucking A this isn't the most complicated movie, guys.
>>
>>79120109
To be honest I didn't see him as 'doing anything to get ahead'. I saw a guy with a commitment to quality, to detail. He wanted to make amazing beautiful footage. And he was living in a world surrounded by lazy, money-obsessed, fake-pleasantries, corporate, basic plebs. People that we know all too well who unfortunately make up damn near 99% of the population.

He was struggling in this world in the beginning. And then when he decided "fuck everybody", and to stop wasting time trying to live with a moral fiber amongst these people and just prey on their greed instead, he made it.

Yes he got his partner killed, which was not cool. But he did have a point when he said that his lazy totally entitled employee would just keep taking advantage of his bargaining power when he was unloyal and complaining the whole time. And the guy he assaulted in the beginning was a cop, we all hate cops right? I mean, come to think of it, in the beginning he stopped on the side of the highway at a crime scene, before the other nightcrawlers came. I wonder if he was planning on taking out more of those scumbags.

Also, the woman was a bitch to him when he was just trying to focus on the beauty of news broadcast. And only when he started reminding her of his money-value to her did she start begging him.

If there's one thing I hate more in this world, it when somebody has a special talent or beauty about them, and the plebs come in to stomp on it with their greed and instant-gratification needs.

Out of every character in this movie, I think he was the best one.
>>
>>79120093
Skinny, desperate Jake is best
>>
Society was the problem, not him. If the world was virtuous, he would have been a good man.
>>
Pretty cool guy
>>
>>79119681
The first movie in which he looks jewish (see smile).

He was amoral.
>>
File: 1485319625415.png (861KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
1485319625415.png
861KB, 600x798px
>>79120426
>I think he was the best one

Wrong. Best character was the spic. Killed those upper class faggots hiding drugs. What kind of person does that? He should have killed the kid too.
>>
>>79119681

I know you're memeing but In the first 10 fucking minutes he beat some poor fuck into a coma and then jacked some fuckers bike so he could trade it for a camera. He didn't do a single 'good' thing the entire movie, every action he took was solely for his and his alone benefit.
>>
>>79120677
where does he beat someone into a coma?
>>
>>79120752
nigga the very first scene in the fucking movie was him bashing that security guard's head in and stealing his fucking watch
>>
>>79120005
It wasn't a cop, which I feel is important. He comments on the guard's "private uniform".
>>
>we don't get to see the gratuitous blackmail sex with the reporter

shit movie
>>
>>79120774
okay I just saw him hit the dude and take his watch, not bash his head
>>
>>79120904
They never explicitly stated what happened to the guy but one assumes at the very least he ended up in a hospital
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.