[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about the ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0017.jpg (151KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
151KB, 1000x664px
Can we talk about the ending
>>
Did this make anyone else cry?
>>
>>79119280
Maybe
>>
>>79119134
you'll have to spoil it
>>
>>79119134
Can we talk about any other part of the movie?
>>
>>79119134
>TFW people need youtube videos explaining the ending to them

Just wow.
>>
Everyone is calling La La Land it a severely overrated musical. Here is what I see in it. First, I challenge the idea that La La Land is a musical. La La Land is more like a Cinema Verite' Fantasia. Its refreshingly different and an evolution in the musical genre because it is intentionally low key and intimate so that it feels like real life and the music tastefully heightens reality, the songs signifying epiphany in these characters lives. The score serves to portray the characters emotional feeling, its not a delivery device for constant hit songs.

Critics also say how little chemistry there is between Gosling and Stone but I don't think La La Land is a romance. Its a tragedy about two friends with benefits clouded by ambition who realize they love each other too late.

La La Land is also an iconic movie for the millennial generation because it speaks to teens who grew up dreamers but failed to achieve their dreams as adults and wondering what went wrong. I think its telling how Stone's character gave up being an actress after 6 years. Far too many Millennials themselves are now hitting 28 YO, 6 years after graduating college and wondering, what happened to my life? La La Land is talking directly to those people who wonder if their dreams will ever come true and saying, perhaps but keep trying. Its also asking, even if you do, will you be happy? It shows Gosling compromising, taking a job he didn't want and achieving his dream of owning a jazz club. Stone didn't compromise and lost her true love.

I think its a movie with a message, saying that millennials (especially women) should understand life is a series of left and right turns and not to give up, even if they didn't get a direct connect to their dream job. Compromising right now doesn't mean lack of fulfillment later. Mixing this new spin on musicals with an encouraging message is the reason why La La Land has become iconic to many Millennials and impressive to film fans the world over.
>>
File: 1470961935343.png (474KB, 851x780px) Image search: [Google]
1470961935343.png
474KB, 851x780px
>>79119134
seriously why the hell did she do that? she couldnt wait a few years like he did? i hate women now
>>
File: 1470135062585.jpg (24KB, 296x442px) Image search: [Google]
1470135062585.jpg
24KB, 296x442px
>>79119134
Didn't really feel anything.

They both chose their ambitions over each other.

There's nothing all that sad about that. Unless you're the type of person that believes that life should let you have your cake and eat it too.
>>
File: 1486201186928.jpg (50KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1486201186928.jpg
50KB, 500x700px
>>79121593
>after graduating college
God I wish
>>
>Beady eyed austimo freak
>6/10 pasty faced, frog looking ginger

My god, standards in Hollywood have dropped dramatically.
>>
>>79121593
>I think its telling how Stone's character gave up being an actress after 6 years.

Except she didn't?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.