[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was his acting so over the top in Heat? Did Michael Mann

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (30KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
30KB, 1280x528px
Why was his acting so over the top in Heat? Did Michael Mann tell him to act that way or did Pacino do it on his own and everyone was too scared to tell him to tone it down.
>>
He plays an eccentric cop. I don't think it detracted from the movie, if anything made it more memorable.
>>
>>79118396
It was insinuated that Vincent Hanna was a coke head. I think Pacino mentioned this not too long ago.
>>
>>79118396
WHO!?
WHO!?
WHAT ARE YOU, A FUCKIN OWL!?

Coked up Pacino is kino
>>
Post Scent of a Woman Pacino. There's no redeeming him.

Heat is fucking garbage.
>>
>>79119034
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>79118664

I actually remember reading or seeing some making-of type vid where apparently in the original script his character was a cokehead (and I think in the original made-for-TV adaptation he was). But they cut out the cocaine because Bad Lieutenant had come out recently and they thought audiences would think they weren't being original or something. But all of his apparent outbursts and dialogue was the same, and it's Pacino so he always seems like he's on coke anyway.
>>
pacino kind of went crazy during the late 80s and 90s and became a caricature of himself. if you think he's over the top in heat, go watch scent of a woman.

i honestly think he was just doing a shit load of coke during those years
>>
>>79118396
Deleted and/or unshot scenes indicate that Hanna was a cokehead. I wish they'd left that in, 2bh.
>>
File: al pachino scarface.jpg (345KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
al pachino scarface.jpg
345KB, 1680x1050px
>>79119388
>i honestly think he was just doing a shit load of coke during those years
He just liked the smell.
>>
>>79119753
It just smells like gasoline
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.