[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: rs-18783-lynch-1800-1398862249.jpg (21KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
rs-18783-lynch-1800-1398862249.jpg
21KB, 700x394px
Where do I start?
>>
Eraserhead
>>
Blue Velvet
>>
Blue Velvet being the most accessible.
>>
Lost Highway
>>
>What did you mean by that?
>DUDE IDEAS AND IMAGINATION
>>
>>79106715
Mullholland Drive is probably his most palatable, while retaining the themes and tropes endemic to his films. From there, Blue Velvet and Lost Highway, and you'll have a pretty good idea of what Lynch is about. After that, you'll be ready for Eraserhead.
>>
>>79106715
Blue Velvet
>>
>>79106715
elephant man -> blue velvet -> mulholland drive -> eraserhead -> lost highway -> TPFWWM > inland empire
>>
File: 1457317156543.jpg (205KB, 1931x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1457317156543.jpg
205KB, 1931x1281px
1. Blue Velvet
2. Twin Peaks (You can use the episode guide and skip a few in season 2, yes you can)
3. Mulholland Drive

This is a primer, then you can do deeper cuts.
>>
Lots of hair gel.
>>
watched all his films on my iphone just to spite him
>>
>>79106810
See for me, Elephant Man was brutal as fuck.
>>
>>79106819
hehe guys, yes watch mulholland drive first hehe
that wasnt the film that started to put audiences and film funders off lynch hehe they were just plebs haha.
>>
Start with 'Fire Walk With Me'. It's Lynch at his most indulgent without being so obviously abstract as 'Inland Empire'. In a way I think it might be the strangest place to start with him, but you'll find your bearings within his work really quick.
>>
1. Put warm panties in your mouth.
https://youtu.be/ioKyxGkBRro

2. Listen to Crazy Clown Time.
https://youtu.be/kRehRrS_HNg

3. Watch Dune on your phone.
https://youtu.be/wKiIroiCvZ0

4. Now you are 100% Lynch!
>>
>>79106872
I mean, it's not a typical Lynch film. While the mix of amazing performances & utter pain that stuck with me for years.
>>
>>79106715

>Where do I start?

You don't, ignore his flicks.
>>
>>79106892
Mulholland Drive is by far the easiest entry point to Lynch. It starts with easily relatable characters in what should be a straightforward drama slowly drifting into a world of dark surrealism. There is a sense of descent that is familiar to an audiance, a lot easier to stomach than being dropped into Wild at Heart or Lost Highway and wondering what the fuck kind of movie you're watching.
>>
>>79106715
Ignore all comments except this one OP

Watch Twin Peaks.

All of it.

If you liked it, just watch his movies in chronological order.

If you didn't like it, at least watch Blue Velvet or Eraserhead.
>>
File: elephant-man.jpg (360KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
elephant-man.jpg
360KB, 1920x1080px
>>79106715

if you are a big movie fan
this one

mel brooks produced ,which is why his wife anne bancroft has a major role

it's also one of those movies that will stay with you forever
>>
>>79106715
just skip him and move to a better director
>>
>>79107016

>telling him to start from his worst
>being this retarded

Start with Elephant Man if you want to go easy and then move on to Mulholland Drive and then the rest of his movies.

TP is shit, ignore it.
>>
>>79106715

watch Twin Peaks and FWWM first

then watch his movies in the following order:

Eraserhead -> The Elephant Man -> Blue Velvet -> Lost Highway -> The Straight Story -> Mulholland Drive -> Inland Empire

Dune and Wild at Heart are shit
>>
>>79106918
>Listen to Crazy Clown Time
Best track is Noah's Ark
>>
File: 1453589183238.jpg (383KB, 1165x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1453589183238.jpg
383KB, 1165x1155px
>>79107186
>TP is shit
>>
>>79106735
This. Then Blue Velvet, then Mullholland Drive.
>>
>>79106735
Don't, none of his other films can stack up if you watch this first.
>>
>>79107192
blue velvet is also shit
Twin peaks and mullholland drive and eraserhead and inland empire
are pure kino
>>
>>79108935
By any objective standard, Inland Empire is the worst movie ever made.
>>
>>79107016
Twin Peaks was convoluted af though & it spans twenty something hours.
>>
>>79109009
Twin Peaks is the last thing you watch. As a reward.
>>
>>79109007
why do you think this anon?
>>
>>79109007
Even if you hated it, you have to admit it's a work of art, there's really no other film like it. There's a mountain of studio-made mediocrities that were just a paycheck gig for everyone involved, that get completely forgotten within 3 years of release.

To me a really bad movie is the one that makes you feel absolutely nothing, that slips out of your memory before the credits even roll. Seems like you didn't like Inland Empire, but you sure as fuck remember it
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.