[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: the abyss sphere.jpg (36KB, 364x268px) Image search: [Google]
the abyss sphere.jpg
36KB, 364x268px
Which one is better?
>>
abyss
>>
Sphere
>>
Gonna have to go with Spere.
>>
The Abyss is a much better movie.
>>
>>79105373

Whoops goddammit I don't have my contacts in I meant 'Sphere'
>>
the aliens in abyss were the worst part of the movie
>>
The Abyss = Marvel
Sphere = DC
>>
>>79105430
This

It goes to shit when Michael Biehn dies
>>
Abyss has too much forced drama and moralfagging. Also EH is the only guy who must do absolutely everything while everyone else do nothing like in some videogame.
>>
>>79105266
IIT: unfunny contrarian asshats

Abyss: extended
the ending where the aliens decide to wreck humanity for being shit, makes so much more sence
>>
>>79105266
The Abyss....But the Spehre book is fucking incredible
>>
>>79105565
This. The Abyss director's cut makes the movie a 10/10 imo.
>>
The Abyss by a country mile.
>>
Fun Fact: The DJ from Linkin Park, Mr. Hahn, did the art concept for the water snake for Sphere.
>>
Abyss 7/10
Sphere 6/10
>>
>>79105565
>the ending where the aliens decide to wreck humanity for being shit, makes so much more sence
WOW! Havent seen this one before anywhere else.
>>
Sphere
>>
The Abyss = Rise
Sphere = Inner Universe
>>
Never seen the abyss but I love sphere, should i watch it?
>>
>>79105755
Watch the extended director's cut. Makes the movie so much better.
>>
>>79105779
downloading now
>>
>>79105755
its stars ed harris
you should watch it for that alone
>>
>>79105266

The Abyss.

Remove Sharon Stone from Sphere and it would be a tie.
>>
>>79105565
>the ending where the aliens decide to wreck humanity for being shit, makes so much more sence
I get why that ending was deleted but damn
>>
>>79105971
Because studios weren't going to release a 3 hour movie.
Honestly its the only DC of cameron's worth watching.
>>
>>79105835
Don't expect much action. It's a slow burner but with a really tense atmosphere.
>>
>>79105335
>>79105373
>>79105403
>>79105718
contrarians. Sphere is an ok adaptation of a flawed but interesting book. Could have been giant squid kino but i guess either the budget wasn't big enough or the technology just wasnt there at the time. Also kind of odd casting decisions.

The Abyss is also flawed but it's an original story that remains engaging throughout. Also still looks fucking fantastic visually, same cannot be said for Sphere.

>>79105755
Yeah it's good.

>>79105779
>>79105609
i think i actually prefer the theatrical ending just because it's a little tidier. Either way though, the ending is the worst thing about the movie. Ed Harris should have lost contact with the rest of the crew on his way down, got saved by the aliens, and then gets to live the rest of his life down there with them, having the adventure of a lifetime, while everyone else returns to the surface and assumes he is dead, but are inspired by his heroism and live rich, fulfilling lives. Sort of like Titanic I guess.
>>
>>79106118
What? All of his DCs are better than the theatrical cut.
>>
File: eventhorizon.jpg (79KB, 500x741px) Image search: [Google]
eventhorizon.jpg
79KB, 500x741px
>>
Arrival reminded me of Sphere
>>
>>79106155
This, every DC of Cameron's films are better than the TC, Same can be said of Ridley Scott and his movies
>>
The Abyss, and it ain't even close.
>>
sphere
>>
I always get the two confused anyway
>>
>And there is still no bluray of The Abyss.
>>
Whose footprints were in the spaceship?
>>
>>79107937

>On that note, he has some good news for fans who have been clamoring for a Blu-ray release of The Abyss. “We’ve done a wet-gate 4K scan of the original negative, and it’s going to look insanely good,” Cameron said. “We’re going to do an authoring pass in the DI for Blu-ray and HDR at the same time.” He said to expect that some time early next year. In the meantime, the 30th anniversary “Aliens” DVD/Blu-ray hits shelves Sept. 13.

This year!
>>
File: sphere2.png (331KB, 925x378px) Image search: [Google]
sphere2.png
331KB, 925x378px
>>79105266
>lolrandomstockfootageofhumancrueltysohereisthehamfistedmoralofthestory

Sphere is so much better than Cameron's flick.
>>
File: coffee.jpg (22KB, 696x305px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
22KB, 696x305px
he did nothing wrong
>>
They're both pretty bad films
>>
>>79105604

This.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
There's only one way to find out, FIIIIIGGGHHT
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.