[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie is fucking terrible.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: file.png (706KB, 480x763px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
706KB, 480x763px
This movie is fucking terrible.
>>
>>79083153
+1
>>
>>79083153
Easily the worst of the OT. Fuck it might as well be one of the prequels.
>>
>>79083153
Upboated XDDDD
>>
>>79083153
Hardly a bad movie. Amazing music score. Some of the most iconic scenes and quotes from the OT. Probably the best lightsaber duel. The best space battle (ironically faggots who hate RotJ probably praise RO even though RO is a rip off of RotJ battle).
>>
>>79083153
skip past the ewok shit and its not bad.
>>
>>79083153
Not at all, it just has a lot of problems. Still leagues better than the prequels, and yes that includes RotS. RotS is only "so bad it's good".
>>
>>79083153
Did Mike and Jay tell you that?
>>
Agree. I hate the way the Empire built a 2nd death star which had the same vulnerability as the 1st. It basically left a huge opening the Rebel fleet could exploit, and they exploit it by sending their entire fleet to attack whilst the Emperor was on board.

The only way this could possibly make sense was if the Empire was setting a trap or something like that. But they probably would have had a character point that out if that was the case.
>>
>>79083153
I disagree.

Might even be the best of the OT.
>>
>>79083760
Why does everyone complain about the Ewok's still? Next to shit like the Gungan's (whatever the name of those fucking things are) they practically geneses.

Also, they're a hell of a lot most useful.
>>
>>79083267
its on the same tier as the prequels for me. it has george lucas written all over it. it has some great moments but overall is boring and everyone knows it
>>
>>79083760
>>79084254
It's a recurring theme throughout the entire franchise that the baddies are arrogant. They underestimate primitive creatures such as gungans and ewoks, which contributes to their downfall.
>>
>>79084313
>RotJ
>prequel tier
these fucking redddit tier faggots need to leave REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>79084350
IM NOT FROM REDDIT TURD BREATH

jedi isnt that good, get over it. its seriously on the level of crystal skull
>>
>>79084425
If you don't like Return of the Jedi, you just are not that big of a star wars fan.

Crystal Skull is worse than the worst prequel movie.
>>
>>79084041
But it didn't have the same vulnerability? In the first one they shot a missle down a tube. In the second one they were able to fly in and shoot the power core directly because it wasn't finished. Not the same thing. Why do people keep saying that?
>>
Empire > Jedi > ANH
>>
4>5>1=6>3>7>2
>>
>>79084254
>Why does everyone complain about the Ewok's still?

yeah what the fuck? Why does everyone keep complaining about the worst part of the series?
>>
5>3>7>4>6>2>1>RO
>>
>>79084080
>Might even be the best of the OT.
Oh come the fuck on. TESB is the only movie in the entire series that qualifies as an actually good movie and not just a "fun romp".
>>
>>79084635
>3 that high

Memes were a mistake.
>>
>>79084635
5 > 4 > 7 > RO > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1
>>
>>79083153

No, it's not.

/thread
>>
>>79084463
being a "big star wars fan" means liking the prequels tbqh

post 1980 star wars ranges from not that good to utter shit
>>
nothing is as blasphemously atrocious as the force awakens. NOTHING!
>>
>>79085483
It's a good movie though, desu. Kylo Ren is my new favorite star wars character.

I fucking love star wars and can't wait for episode 8.
>>
Of course it is, and it was treated as such the time it came out.

But nostalgiafags will deny it even though the movie possesses almost everything that made the prequels bad.
>>
File: HSSSSST MIAWRRRRRK.jpg (7KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
HSSSSST MIAWRRRRRK.jpg
7KB, 276x182px
>>79085619

HE KILLED HAN SOLO. WHY DO YOU HATE YOUR FATHER SO MUCH? WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU?

was it rape?
>>
>>79085751
Han Solo probably was never there for him. Also his family, including Luke never told him the truth of his heritage.

Your Dad shows up trying to be there for you at the wrong time. He was never there for you, but instead adopted Rey as his own daughter after a couple of hours. He even comes to rescue her and stop your fascist uprising... then has the nerve to try and be your father out of convenience. Your Mother never tells you the truth about who you are and she spends all her time in politics or leading terrorist organizations.

Please, explain to me how Kylo Ren is wrong?
>>
>>79085913

it's not kylo's fault that his character (and the whole movie) was amateurishly-awfully, marysuecally-stupidly and blasphemously-antistarwarsly written.
>>
>>79085751
he needed to kill a family member so he could activate his mangekyou sharingan anon. please pay attention
>>
File: angry cat.jpg (8KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
angry cat.jpg
8KB, 203x249px
>>79086096

I DON'T CARE WHAT THE STUPID DIRECTOR NEEDED! HE KILLED HAN SOLO! HAN SOLO! FUCK YOU, DISNEY, FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
>>
File: Star Wars Throne Room fight.webm (3MB, 1000x427px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Throne Room fight.webm
3MB, 1000x427px
>>79083153
Everything about the throne room confrontation is so good it saves the movie.

the rest is terrible, I agree
>>
>>79083153
Yun nub mother fucker.
>>
>>79083153
kys.
>>
>>79086275
Yub Nub sucks
>>
>>79086320
kys, it's John Williams at his finest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np6vAuS0KNs
>>
>>79086409
Victory Celebration is infinitely better and you know it
>>
>>79086463
Victory Celebration is good and fits well... but it doesn't do anything that Yub Nub doesn't do. If anything, Yub Nub is more climatic than the melo tone of victory celebration.

Now I would rather listen to Victory Celebration while smoking a blunt and relaxing, for what it's worth.
>>
>>79086463
i just rewatched and >>79086584 pretty much summed it up. however I don't think it's bad but I do associate it with "WEEESA FREE" and the FMJ Anakin rape stare. Yun nub flows with the humble/underdog scenario and instead of a galaxy wide celebration. they just drum helmets and dance around fire.
>>
>>79084533
swap foor 47 6
>>
The Vader, Luke and Emperor scene is GOAT
>>
>>79083153
wrong
>>
ROTJ introduced us to Ian McMermaid's the Emperor, one of the greatest villians in film history.

Plebians WILL reply to this thinking Ian McMermaid was in the original ESB
>>
>>79086954
I always preferred old emp holo. I mean it didn't really look him but it was creepy.
>>
>>79086954
I've been sheev posting since 1983
>>
File: emperor1980.jpg (33KB, 700x304px) Image search: [Google]
emperor1980.jpg
33KB, 700x304px
>>79086983
ayy lmao its snoke
>>
the first half is unrelated but it's great fun.
Ewoks aren't anywhere near as annoying as Jar Jar or any CG monstrosity from the prequels, and especially Maz Kanata, and actually make thematic sense (Empire underestimating small insignificant creatures).
Yoda's death is sad and appropriate.
The speeder bike chase is great.
the space battle is still by far the best in the saga, the battle on Endor is ok but with some good moments, and the Emperor's throne room are the best scenes in the saga. In fact everything about Luke's arc in this film is fantastic, Hamill's best performance in the 3.
Is it all it could have been? No. And it's obviously not as great as the two before but it's miles away better than the prequels and Tfa and rogue one.
>>
I think it's funny how people think their opinion about a 30 year old movie matters so much that they need to broadcast it on the internet. Here's a hint: there's no thought in your head that someone else has not already had and expressed. Your opinion is literally worth nothing. Zero. Not a god damn thing.
>>
>>79087063
Good point. Why do we say anything ever? Someone else would have already said it so we may as well close down all discussion boards and stop having conversations in real life.
>>
>>79087063
I think it's funny how people think their opinion about people thinking that their opinion about a movie 30 years old matters matters so much that they need to broadcast it on the internet. Here's a hint: there's no thought in your head that someone else has not already had and expressed. Your opinion is literally worth nothing. Zero. Not a god damn thing.
>>
>>79087118
correct. Just shut your boring holes.
>>
>>79085628
>But nostalgiafags will deny it even though the movie possesses almost everything that made the prequels bad.

This.

>needless plot detours
>characters the plot doesn't know what to do with
>ridiculous tone shifts
>tries hard with theming but stills falls flat most of the time
>drawn out and uninteresting action scenes
>tensionless antagonists
>good ideas either cut or rewritten
>merchandising out the wazoo
>>
Only good Star Wars films are 4 5 and 3.

6 and Rogue One are flawed but watchable.

Rest are trash.
>>
>>79083153
Ewoks - shit
Forest bike chase - great
Death Star under construction - great effect
space battles - pretty good
Emperor+Luke+Vader exchange - best part of the movie
Actual fight - not so good but serviceable
Unmasking Vader - touching for a "kid's flick"
Seeing force ghosts in special editions - Indifferent; either one works for me (I understand why Lucas changed to a younger Anakin)

8/10 while Empire is 10/10
>>
>>79087063
Anon, talking about films are not about being original or expressing completely new ideas, it's about endlessly discussing them for fun.
>>
>>79087624
I don't understand how people can praise Rogue One over any of the main 7 titles.
>>
Return of the Jedi is the Temple of Doom of Star Wars
From an objective standpoint it's an inferior film, and it's got some annoying shit (Willie, Ewoks), but on the other hand it's fucking awesome
>>
File: 1484091704070.gif (2MB, 281x193px) Image search: [Google]
1484091704070.gif
2MB, 281x193px
The beginning and end of ROTJ is really good

Jabbas Palace especially
>>
>>79083153
Any OT > Anything prequel or new garbage.
>>
>>79087850
>I understand why Lucas changed to a younger Anakin

Autism is not hard to grasp.
>>
File: tumblr_nhvk27cYbU1sesi4po1_1280.png (665KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhvk27cYbU1sesi4po1_1280.png
665KB, 750x450px
best part of ROTJ
>>
>>79088042
KOO NEE TANG
>>
>>79088037
Lucas made a movie for the whole family, including children. He always wanted it to be a show for kids. It's just autistic fans who get defensive when the children's card gets pulled. That said, just because it's a story for kids, doesn't mean it's not a story for adults either.
>>
>>79083968

If you actually listened to their commentary track for ROTJ you'd know that neither of them think the movie is terrible, just flawed.
>>
>>79087387

>needless plot detours
How so? The only obvious one I can think of is Jabba's palace and the sand vagina, and all of that's over in the first 40 minutes, gives the film and opening, and concludes the Han/Boba Fett story.

>characters the plot doesn't know what to do with
Only main character I can think of is maybe Han and co down on Endor, but they still do stuff. Luke's important to the plot, as is Lando in the Falcon

>ridiculous tone shifts
As opposed to the previous film, which swung from Han getting tortured after his friend betrayed him in one scene, to 3PO arguing with Chewie in a comical fashion after his head got put on backwards in the next scene?

>tries hard with theming but stills falls flat most of the time
The temptation of the dark side is made clear in the throneroom scene

>drawn out and uninteresting action scenes
Drawn out I'll grant you, at least compared to ANH or ESB. Uninteresting is subjective.

>tensionless antagonists
Now you're just after (you)s. Sheev is iconic in this movie

>good ideas either cut or rewritten
>merchandising out the wazoo
Granted, but it's star wars. Lets not pretend there wasn't a fuck load of merchandise from ANH and ESB
>>
It's pretty flawed. In general it has the vibe of a show or series having run past its prime. I don't need to bother complaining about the Ewoks because everyone does, but the whole first act of the film resolves the cliffhangers of the previous too fast, in an almost obligatory way, and it's just plain uninspired and lazy to introduce another Death Star. Also, Han Solo has basically nothing to do after being unfrozen and in fact behaves in ways that contradict his character. He acts like a little bitch when he thinks Leia loves Luke.

However, ALL the stuff with the Emperor and the Vader duel is fucking fantastic and does a lot to redeem it as a film. In those moments, it really feels like the followup to Empire that everyone wanted. It's just that it's already weighed down by a lot of other baggage and they keep cutting back to the fucking Ewoks.

>it's as bad as the prequels
NO! Not even close! The prequels are ineptly made and realized to a level that Jedi comes nowhere near. Jedi still has amazing practical effects, still has great characters (even if it doesn't properly portray some of them), amazing moments, the classic good kind of lightsaber duel rather than the over-choreographed nonsense from the prequels that appeals to children with ADD. The acting is pretty much good across the board rather than wooden and awful across the board (with the exception of maybe McGregor). the completed arc of Vader as a character is wonderful. No dialogue comes anywhere near as cringe-inducing as anything in the prequels. It is a successful, functional, well-made movie in a way the prequels completely are not even with the flaws it has.
>>
>>79088141
Where do they even talk about the OT outside of the prequel and TFA reviews? I can't find anything.
>>
>>79085751

Harrison Ford wanted Han Solo to die with a noble sacrifice since Jedi, bud. That's why he has nothing to do and is completely unnecessary in Jedi. At least they did something new with him in TFA.
>>
>>79088362

https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/track/return-of-the-jedi-commentary-track
>>
File: 52525141515.jpg (16KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
52525141515.jpg
16KB, 320x400px
>hating ROTJ
>when this motherfucker is in it
>>
>>79088383
nice, thanks
>>
>>79088417

They will pay the price for their lack of vision.
>>
>>79088100

Right, for children. Which is why it has intricate political dialogue and horrific shit like Anakin burning to death. The autistic fans are the ones who resent any notion of any of the Star Wars films being bad and come up with lame excuses for their lack of quality, like them being for kids. The Incredibles is for kids and it's still a great fucking movie, the target audience has nothing to do with anything. The notion that children don't deserve to watch things that don't suck is part of why they grow up to have shit taste.
>>
>>79088042

Okay, that IS as bad as the prequels, but it doesn't count because it wasn't a part of the original film. Lucas might have lost his mind and made the movies worse retroactively but history still stands. The original theatrical release was not a terrible film.
>>
>>79083153
I'd argue that the space battle scene is better than the one in opening of the RoS. It's more critical to the plot, while the opening of RoS feels more like window dressing; the stakes felt much higher so it was just more intense. Cramming more stuff onto the screen doesn't make me enjoy it more, in fact it makes it hard to concentrate on the moment to moment action Plus I just think the original series had better ship designs.
>>
>>79088481
Star wars always had dark tones of death and murder. Han solo murders a guy in the first act of ANH, Luke's uncle and aunt get executed by the empire, an entire planet is blown up, Obi-Wan is killed by Vader.

Just because there is death and evil people doing evil things, doesn't mean that it's not a children's story. Lucas came from a time period where kids did not have everything censored for them. Stories provided themes that were applicable to all of life. Bad people doing bad things is apart of life. Heroes die and make sacrifices. No, it's not a millennial "oh we can't sho that to kids!" movie.
>>
File: 1460317042203.jpg (27KB, 450x429px) Image search: [Google]
1460317042203.jpg
27KB, 450x429px
>>79083153
V > IV > VI = III > R1 > VII > I > II

RotJ and RotS are really a tossup for me. I tend to enjoy both, but they definitely have their fair share of problems. Ask me which I prefer, and I'd give you two different answers in as many days.

Admittedly, I've always hated the scenes in Jabba's Palace in Episode VI. The Hensn-esque puppetry is off putting to me, much in the same way that The Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal were.
>>
>>79088042
One has to wonder just what in the fucking hell was going through George's brain when he thought this was good. Did he know it was shit but put it in anyway just to see what his stupid fans would eat up?
>>
>>79088594

None of the dark moments in the OT are depicted in a way that is gruesome like Anakin's face melting off was. Obi-Wan's death is completely devoid of any actual death, he just vanishes. The destruction of Alderaan is only seen from a distance. Greedo's death is over in an instant.

Anyway, my main point was that even if the prequels are for kids, it doesn't excuse how bad they are.
>>
>>79088650

ROTS is complete shit. Stop memeing.
>>
IV: 8/10
V: 10/10
VI: 6/10
I: 2/10
II: 0/10
III: 4/10
VII: 4/10
RO: 3/10
>>
>>79083153
All star wars franchise is trash, why you keep evaluating which one is trashier just go live your life
>>
File: motti.jpg (35KB, 370x350px) Image search: [Google]
motti.jpg
35KB, 370x350px
5 > 6 > RO > 4 > 1 > 7 > 3 > 2
>>
>>79083153
Delet this
>>
>>79084041
>The only way this could possibly make sense was if the Empire was setting a trap or something like that. But they probably would have had a character point that out if that was the case.

(You)
>>
>>79083153

I) 3/10
II) 2.5/10
III) 5.5/10
IV) 7.5/10
V) 8/10
VI) 7/10

Any films following VI are not relevant enough to be ranked, as they are not the original vision of the creator. The Force Awakens is more of a spin off than Rogue One.
>>
>>79084041
Didn't the Emperor literally say it was a trap?
>>
Made my gf watch original trilogy
Cringed my way through return of the Jedi
>>
>>79089639

>just fuck my shit right up
>>
>>79089876

Dw mate she was probably cringing long before that. Probably at Obi-Wan and Darth Vader pirouetting in slow motion.
>>
>>79087938

Fan service done right, without showing up into its own ass.
>>
>>79087057
This there's SO much good stuff in ROTJ but people can't get passed the Ewoks.
>>
>>79088481
>>79088100
I saw Revenge of Sith as kid having never seen any Star Wars movie and have never been so bored in a movie before or since.

All the political crap. The awful romance. Endless mind numbing battles and the climax is some guy burning to death on the side of a volcano? Jesus Christ what a miserable fucking theatre going experience for a kid.

I wasn't familiar with anything Star Wars so I didn't even get the nostalgic relief of the last few minutes.

I did not thank my neighbour for taking me to the movie.
>>
The nigger on the cover should have been a tip-off OP. Why are you so stupid?
>>
>>79083153
Get a life, fag. It's just a family's space fairytale. Just enjoy it with your kids.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.