[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about to watch this for the first time what am i in for /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Dune.jpg (105KB, 580x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dune.jpg
105KB, 580x900px
about to watch this for the first time
what am i in for /tv/
>>
An amazing kino experience.

The soundtrack is epic. Bookfags will reee itt.
>>
Have you read Dune?

If yes then an imperfect retelling of the story with some nice visuals in the first half.

If no then you won't understand a thing but the visuals are nice in the first half.
>>
>>79081306
This.
Enjoy it anon!
>>
>>79081256
i may watch this again tonight

+ incredible visuals. star wars + cronenberg
+ pretty faithful to the novel
+ historical sweep and epic feel.
+ a world as completely realized as LotR movies

- Paul is miscast
- pacing is a little rushed

pretty good. I think this movie is proof that Lynch should have directed RotJ
>>
>implying it wont spend half the time looking at its phone

kys
>>
>>79081256
>one scene in
>the Padishah Emperor is a weak and aged faggot, bowing to the will of the spice guild
It's already bullshit
>>
File: memesign.png (849KB, 576x900px) Image search: [Google]
memesign.png
849KB, 576x900px
LMAO

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔMade it for you guys
>>
>>79081256
Many machines on Ix. New machines; better than those on Richese.
>>
>>79081256
Just wait for the Villeneuve adaptation in a couple years. It'll be spice kino.
>>
>>79081256
An okay movie, that missed it's chance to be a great one.
>>
>>79081505
>it
thank you for not assuming the OP's gender. :)
>>
>>79081256
It's kinda shitty, OP.

The best part is the intro.
>>
It's awful regardless of whether or not you've read the book(s). Literally the only redeeming quality is it's yet another piece of evidence that Lynch is an absolute garbage director.
>>
>>79081256
worst movie you'll ever see.
>>
>>79081256
Watch this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg4OCeSTL08
>>
OP here

my final verdict: WTF Lynch
>>
Good first half, shit second half.
>>
>>79085361
i just rewatched this after the thread started

this movie is a prophecy of the 21st century

a twisted homosexual hyper industrial power struggles against Jihadists. it's ripped from today's headlines
>>
>>79081328
This. As a bookfag I loved a lot of the production design and other technical merits for the most part even though they differ from the book to varying degrees. The only things I didn't like about the visuals were obviously a lot of the effects shots and the bleak look of Arrakis and the Fremen.
>>
>>79081256
It's a good movie and a lot of bookfags actually love the movie despite it's differences. Now is a great time to be a Dune fan since it's going to be remade.
>>
>>79081256
watch the TV 2 parter
>>
>>79081683
the emperor is a bitch
spice controls the galaxy
>>
>>79081328
>nice visuals

Yes, dat Kaitain.

>>79085361
>WTF Lynch

The production company actually stepped in half way because they thought he was taking too long.

Lynch got ass blasted and refuses to talk about the movie now.
>>
>>79085420
This but this is true about the book too. It feels like Herbert got bored halfway through and turned the incredibly interesting worlds of Caladan and Arrakis into warzones without ever exploring their cultures or the minor characters he spent way too much time on.

That being said, if anyone here hasn't read the Frank Herbert sequels, you're doing yourself a disservice and they compensates for the shortcomings of the first book.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.