[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: fg1.jpg (334KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
fg1.jpg
334KB, 1280x1920px
holy shit
>>
I never understood why this was so widely panned by critics
>>
>The French version is better ever so slightly
>>
>>79080555
Basically because it's pointless. Virtually shot for shot remake of the original from what I understand. (I'll be honest I haven't seen the original)

Why did Haneke do it?
>>
>>79080437

Michael Pitt's a good actor. Is it true he's hard to work with and that's why you never see him in anything?
>>
>>79080643
>Why did Haneke do it?
if I remember right his initial goal for the original was to make an American style horror movie and later on in his career he was able to make it a real American Horror movie.

Why Haneke thought this was in the style of American horror I have no idea.
>>
File: 1471654098493s.jpg (3KB, 124x107px) Image search: [Google]
1471654098493s.jpg
3KB, 124x107px
>Funny Games
>not very funny
>>
>>79080437
Give me a rundown, Halpert
>>
>>79080725
Because it's more believable that Americans would do it. We're pretty fucked up.
>>
>>79080437
If you actually liked that, check out knock knock with keanu
>>
>>79080668

The French actors I found more convincing. It was almost exactly the same. There were some slight spatial changes in the scene where the wife finds the dead dog, which I again liked the original better. Mind you the kind of characters the "villains" were emulating were much more American in type. Strange.

This is the best "meta" kind of film I can think of right now. It's a great metaphor for the director's relationship with the audience in the horror genre.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXfhO5vkWXg
best intro song ever
>>
Do people really get mad when a movie flips the script?

I fucking love having my exceptions subverted, Audition is another one, still having nightmares about that one.
>>
File: 1481168124416.jpg (50KB, 540x477px) Image search: [Google]
1481168124416.jpg
50KB, 540x477px
>want to critique pointless violence in films
>make a film about pointless violence
>>
>>79080437
I appreciated it for what the director was going for, Its simultaneously one of the most fucked up movies I've seen and one of the most boring.

>oh you want to see a movie about a family being tortured, fine here's 2 hours of a family being tortured
>The director thinks you are a terrible person for liking this type of movie.
>>
>>79081494
But that's not the "type" of movie I liked. I liked a really well directed, VERY well acted movie with a pretty distinct message that didn't hesitate to make use of its very nature as a film. I wish movies were more willing to toy with audiences than they are-"immersion" is understood too simply by most directors. You can successfully immerse audiences in the process, in the message, in the characters themselves by acknowledging the 4th wall, which is one of the most obvious literary techniques but one that, when employed correctly, does wonders.

Same thing In Batemans final monologue, speaking to the audience. Odd how two of the most effective uses of this have been in "horror" films, but I'll maintain that the genre as a whole
Is one of the most ripe for experimentation, in terms of both aesthetics and theme. Just compare it follows and Alien.
>>
>>79081494
>boring

Really? I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, fucking tense as fuck.
>>
>>79081765
How can it be tense knowing that the villains literally cannot lose?
>>
>>79081740
no
>>
>>79081859
Because you don't actually know that until the end.
>>
>>79081911
That's not even an attempt at pasta. That was the real me.
>>
>>79081923
So basically you're saying it's the kind of film that can only be enjoyed once?
>>
>>79082026
Can any film be enjoyed more than once if tension is a prerequisite? There's a lot to like beyond that I'd say, though I'm not sure it would get "better" in the way you might mean.
>>
>>79080584
>French

9/10 bait
>>
>>79082026
You act like that's a bad thing. You're just looking for comfy movies. Comfy movies are comfy because we know the outcome.
>>
>>79081268
In his defense it has a point. The point is that you're supposed to feel bad for seeking out and consuming this type of media.
>>
>>79081123
>dat knife in the boat
>>
>>79081268
But it's not about pointless violence. It's about watching pointless violence.

there's a distinct difference between (insert any shitty slasher) and funny games- both in terms of just the movie and what it's saying. You think you've got him in some irony trap but you don't, because by its very nature of commenting on violence in media it distinguishes itself from violent media. If you don't think that distinction is clear enough, then alright, but I think you can just look at the fuckin movie and see that it's not like a good chunk of the horror genre. So this is a false comparison.
>>
>>79082346
IF that is Haneke's point, then he did a much better job of it than Oliver Stone's ham-fisted Natural Born Killers.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.