[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the best film critic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: Kael-Wave-300x300.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kael-Wave-300x300.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
Who is the best film critic?
>>
The one in your picture!
>>
tu puta madre
>>
she's got a bigger dick than any other critic ever
>>
File: armond.jpg (22KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
22KB, 300x279px
>>
The Flick Philosopher
>>
>>79077680
Girls don't have dicks, queer
>>
>>79077543
Doug Walker
>>
It's Mark Kermode
>>
>>79077543
vince mancini
>>
Slavoj Žižek
>>
>>79077543
Me
>>
>>79077543
Not her. Bad prose, bad taste, and no word count limit make for bad criticism. Renata Adler's piece on her is one of the best analyses I've read of one critic by another.
>>
>>79079050
kek, did she really say that?
>>
>>79079319
I just read it the other day, absolutely brilliant. Ninety percent of the criticisms Adler hurls against Kael would stick on Armond White too,- the latter's weirdo gay, black, Christian, arch-conservative prodigal son, only more so.
>>
>>79079972
Yes. Literally everyone beat up on her for it too.
>>
File: 1479720736380.jpg (325KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1479720736380.jpg
325KB, 1024x683px
fredcamper.com
>>
File: keven-costner.jpg (201KB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
keven-costner.jpg
201KB, 1280x692px
>>79079050
>Well, I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap.
>>
Ebert is a real nigga. He knows what black kino is.

> Menace to Society: 4/4

> Set it Off: 3.5/4

> New Jack City: 3.5/4

> Boyz n the Hood: 4/4

> Baby Boy: 3.5/4
>>
>>79077543
Eileen Jones is next level
http://exiledonline.com/the-horror-of-hbos-girls/
>>
>>79080523
>Lena Dunham is getting hosannas from critics for exposing her nude doughy depressing body in humiliating ways throughout the show—makes it all so “real,” somehow. They’re all calling Dunham “the voice of her generation,” and maybe she’s the body of her generation too. She must’ve known she could count on critics to dutifully take dictation when she had her character Hannah ironically describe herself as “the voice of my generation…or of a generation.” You can picture them all noting it down carefully, muttering, “’Voice of generation’…oh, yeah, that is GOLD.”

>There’s been no irony in the way show-creator Dunham augments her generational-voice status by making the PR rounds, talking about how she was inspired to create Girls because she never saw herself or her friends represented on TV shows. So she set out to remedy this by showcasing her particular demographic, the creepy white female.
>>
>>79080573
>maybe she's the body of her generation too
Christ that was savage
>>
>>79077543
Posted her, also, also me.
>>
File: 1465396009530.png (61KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1465396009530.png
61KB, 320x320px
>Perhaps no film in the history of cinema follows the movement of memory as faithfully, as passionately, or as profoundly as Terrence Malick’s new film, “Knight of Cups.” It’s an instant classic in several genres—the confessional, the inside-Hollywood story, the Dantesque midlife-crisis drama, the religious quest, the romantic struggle, the sexual reverie, the family melodrama—because the protagonist’s life, like most people’s lives, involves intertwined strains of activity that don’t just overlap but are inseparable from each other. The movie runs less than two hours and its focus is intimate, but its span seems enormous—not least because Malick has made a character who’s something of an alter ego, and he endows that character with an artistic identity and imagination as vast and as vital as his own.

>As such, “Knight of Cups” is one of the great recent bursts of cinematic artistry, a carnival of images and sounds that have a sensual beauty, of light and movement, of gesture and inflection, rarely matched in any movie that isn’t Malick’s own. Here, he—and his cinematographer, Emmanuel Lubezki—surpass themselves. Where “The Tree of Life” is filled with memories, is even about memory, “Knight of Cups” is close to a first-person act of remembering, and the ecstatic power of its images and sounds is a virtual manifesto, and confession, of the cinematic mind at work. It’s a mighty act of self-portraiture in dramatic action and in directorial creation.
>>
File: Coming_Attractions.png (239KB, 674x468px) Image search: [Google]
Coming_Attractions.png
239KB, 674x468px
>IT STINKS!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.