[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riverdale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 26

File: maxresdefault.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
Why did they turn an alpha character into an insecure, whiny little bitch who manages to friend-zone himself against all the qts in schools while being manipulated by some creepy music teacher over a summer fuck?

The sassy gay character made me have doubts about this show. Totally unnecessary. But having Archie getting his ass kicked by some beta asian idiot was too much. Seriously this kid has nothing to do with the Archie from the comics, except for his name and gingerness.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>79077330
Why did they turn Moose into a homo?

Why did they have the GBF say shit like 'sexuality is fluid'?
>>
>>79077416
It's just bad marketing really. The producers probably thought adding all this random gayness would make the show more appealing to a wider audience, but in the end they just look awkward and out of place. Classic example of trying to please everybody and ending up pleasing nobody. Hopefully they will get their shit together in the next episodes.
>>
>>79077517
Nope, more like it's psyops and brainwashing aimed at teenagers. Hollywood is centrally controlled.
>>
>>79077416
They had a lesbian kiss in 1st episode too. It's straight up propaganda.
>>
>>79077330
Also made Mr. Weatherbee black
>>
>>79077330
>love triangles
>2017

Hopefully the writers consider Betty and Veronica instead.
>>
>>79077517
It's the CW, what do you expect? And are you faggots really bitching over fucking Archie source material?
>>
File: 0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
>>79077943
Whether the source material is good or not is irrelevant, I just don't understand why a channel would pay millions for the right to use the source material then make something that doesn't resemble it at all?
That's like paying for the rights to Garfield and make a show about a bird named Garfield who lives in an old lady's home.

It's such a cheap bait and I find it hard to believe the producers thought no one would notice the lack of any similarities after the first couple episodes.
>>
>>79077416
he's straight now
>>
>>79078156
TV's shoes are propaganda 1st, money 2nd. Co-opting symbols and subverting them is a psyop tactic.

Hence female ghostbusters, black Annie, Harriet Tubman on the $20 etc.
>>
>>79078172
as the sassy gay friend said

>we're all somewhere on the spectrum

It's literally talking points from a gender studies 101 class.
>>
>>79078156
The whole point of it is making a children's comic into a edgy dark adult drama. This isn't the first time this has ever been done.
>>
>>79078237
He's talking about the kinsey scale. Not gender.
>>
>>79078347
Which is complete bullshit given a lot of his test subjects were teenagers at the peak of their sex drive.

Tell a teenage boy to hump a potato on a table top and he will climax. That doesn't mean humans can be placed on a not attracted to potato - partially attracted to potato - 100% potatophile scale.
>>
>>79078347
yeah I know. They teach that shit in gender studies. Gender spectrum is just straight up nonsense. I'm sure they'll explore it next episode.
>>
>>79078423
What the fuck are you on about.

I've been fucking guys and girls since that age, still haven't changed over the years. I don't fuck potatoes, not nice to call your sister that, call her "mentally handicapped "
>>
>>79078464
this degenerate
>>
>>79078462
The gender spectrum is separate from the Sexuality spectrum.
>>
>>79078505
Yes, I know. (next episode etc.)
>>
>>79078156
haha a bird named garfield thats so kooky and zanny i mean imagine that world there
>>
>>79077330
I think it's good, Betty and Veronica are pretty hot, I also like the actor who plays jughead.

Plus murder mysteries are fun to watch.
>>
File: 1292117498493.jpg (19KB, 288x467px) Image search: [Google]
1292117498493.jpg
19KB, 288x467px
>>79078594
>getting upset over a simile
>>
>>79078603
yeah other than the propaganda, it's pretty cool. It's a shame we can't have anything comfy in 2017.
>>
>>79078156
>I just don't understand why a channel would pay millions for the right to use the source material then make something that doesn't resemble it at all?

Brand awareness. The way the suits see it, if you apply a pre-established brand to something it will be more profitable, even if your product is only similar to the brand on a surface level. The average person may not be an avid Archie fan but they might have heard of "Archie" or "Riverdale" at some point in their lives. It's less risky than a totally unique product.

I'm not saying it makes complete sense, honestly I think this show will flop, but that's how a good chunk of modern media operates.
>>
>>79077804
Cheryl straight up addresses both of these things.
First she says the "faux lesbian kiss hasn't been taboo since 1994" and she asks the gay kid "Is being the gay best friend still a thing?"
They are bad tropes but they're pointed out as such. They're aware of the stupid cliches, they just know it makes for an easy sell, especially two hot girls kissing. That scene was completely fucking unnecessary, it was obvious they were trying to use sex to draw people in.
>>
>>79077330
I'm not super familiar with Archie but my friend who is and is horiffied by this show told me Archie sleeps with Miss Grundy.

I could tell instantly Miss Grundy was an uptight schoolmarm type teacher with a a grandma hairdo and had been changed into a hot milf teacher who slept with students in the show.

A cursory google search proved me 100% right.
>>
>>79079305
The point is to do it. The image itself is the point, contextual elements are there to sell it the best they can.

Watch, Moose's sexuality may never be brought up again. But that's not point, the point is to show Moose being a faggot in episode 1.

Same thing.
>>
>>79077879
And Miss Grundy a pedo, or at least a teacher who fucks her high school student. Fucking sex crime. Even if you think "nice," it's still a crime in the not on TV world.
>>
>>79078603
everyone loves a sprouse, even if it's worst sprouse
>>
>>79078494
>degenerate

It's called 'being talented', Protestant. You only wish you weren't programmed to be so selfish that you deny your capacity to please others.
>>
>>79079333
>>79079807
It'll get even better when you figure out that she's not even the real Ms. Grundy
>>
>>79080227
Sprouse is easily the worst part of the show for me. I can't decide if it's his acting or if they just went in way the wrong direction for Jughead.
>>
>>79079401
Kind of a spineless way to go about doing it if the intent was just to do it. Much more meaningful to have the cause of Jughead and Archie's issues being Jughead confessing he's gay for Archie, because that's something you can maintain a consistency with throughout the season; relegating it to a background character's closet dalliance when he wants a rub-n-tug from the local flamer only to never have it happen again is a waste of opportunity.
>>
I like it, it's stupid enough to be entertaining and doesn't take itself too seriously.
>>
>>79080574

This, it's a 100% guilty pleasure for me.

The people getting salty over all the changes are autistic as fuck.
>>
File: 1486153864988.png (757KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486153864988.png
757KB, 1280x800px
Its good so far, has some potential
>>
>>79078156
because they want to offer something similar but at the same time different to not alienate people that wouldn't watch it because they already know

same reason why all the other capeshit stuff is different from the source material
>>
>>79080339
it's not jughead in any way but he's nailing what they're shooting for, it's nice
>>
>>79080574
>>79080632
agreed. archie comics were an embarassingly large part of my childhood and i have no problem with this shit. CW has done much, much worse

there's still time for this to get fucked up
>>
>>79080888
I'll agree with your trips, I like this adaptation. It's like bizarro world Archie, which always seemed to me to be bizarro real world in the comics. I'm having fun with it and I don't see any reason to get butthurt about anything.
>>
>>79080672
Post lesbian kiss
>>
>>79077330
Archie has always been a fuck-up alpha. This is just the teen-drama version of that. Him managing to screw up his relationships in the comics is based on his clutsiness and awkwardness and bad planning because they're for comedy, but this show has to have him do the same for drama so instead of accidentally breaking Mr. Lodge's priceless ming vase for the 100th time or accidentally scheduling a date with Betty, Veronica, Sabrina, Cheryl, white Josie, Tula Twyst, Alexandra Cabot, Samantha Smythe, and Cricket O'dell on the same night, he does it by having angsty teen problems and stuff.

>The sassy gay character made me have doubts about this show
It's pretty retarded considering my understanding of Kevin Keller in the comics is that he's a masculine military kid who believes in committed relationships and is gay but the show just made him a flaming faggot stereotype. I don't think I even own any post-Kevin Archie digests, maybe one or two, but that's gay as AIDS.

>But having Archie getting his ass kicked by some beta asian idiot was too much.
Reggie always kicks Archie's ass at things. He's just pointlessly Asian. Like the Pussycats are pointlessly black when one of them was already black. And Mr. Weatherbee is pointlessly black. And Moose is pointlessly gay. And Dilton is purposefully Asian because Asians are nerds.
>>
>>79080227
Cole was and always will be waifu-Sprouse
>>
>>79080390
>"but as friends right?"
>"to be discussed"
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>79080888
>archie comics were an embarassingly large part of my childhood

What's the embarrassment? I've got a box in my closet with more than a thousand Archie digests I would get for free at flea markets or for 50 cents at a used book store or whatever. They're definitely good for getting young kids to read.

But Archie comics is not some sacred icon. There's no reason not to just make a retarded CW drama using Archie adapted characters, who cares? It's Archie. It's been around for 75 years. It's an American institution. And I'm honestly impressed how deep into Archie lore characters they're apparently going based on casting. Although why the fuck was the science teacher in the last episode not Mr. Flutesnoot? And where's Svenson? Will Svenson be like an Eastern European hunky janitor who bangs the girls in his broom closet? I want him to be. I like this trashy teen girl fantasy version of Archieverse, it's entertaining.

I'm pretty triggered he doesn't drive a jalopy though.
>>
>>79082072
Means Archie's not going to buy his way out of Jughead's hotseat with just a burger. Archie broke the Bro Code, that comes with some hefty penalties.
>>
File: HarveyBirdman6.jpg (60KB, 376x211px) Image search: [Google]
HarveyBirdman6.jpg
60KB, 376x211px
>>79082176
This. I loved Archie as a little kid but getting upset over making a over the top satire of it is like getting mad about Adult Swim fucking around with Hannah Barbera characters.
>>
>tfw they reveal the killer and it's Frank Castle
>>
>the writers try shipping Archie and Veronica or Betty
>everyone ships Betty and Veronica instead
This show is a blast
>>
>>79081900
>Sabrina

Oh shit, I forgot she was part of the Archieverse. Is she in this?
>>
>Ronnie is the sweetheart and Betty is the psycho bitch

I like it.
>>
>>79083218
She's slated to appear near the end of the season.
>>
>>79083250
I bet they'll make her into a goth chick doing black magic.
>>
>>79083286
her and cheryl were fucking around, that's what killed jason

mark my words, this is going to go supernatural on us
>>
>>79078603

Agreed - Betty and Veronica are really hot.

Show is pretty good so far.
>>
>>79083218
>>79083250
I'm hoping season 2 will be a magic weird mystery for Archie and will culminate in Sabrina and Alexandra Cabot having a lesbian magic duel where they try to make eachother cum harder with magic.
>>
>>79081900
>moose is gay

wat didn't he have a gf who really cared about him
>>
File: kisskiss.webm (2MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
kisskiss.webm
2MB, 1280x718px
Patrician:
Ronnie

Contrarian:
Cheryl

Pleb:
Betty

Godtrician:
Betty/Ronnie combo
>>
Betty and V are cute, not sure i'm sold on Archie or Jughead, might just be my penis tends to pay more attention to the females.

Luke Perry's career must be doing pretty bad to still be typecast into teen soap operas
>>
>>79083316
I hope so. They need to go all the way with both it being Twin Peaks lite, and all the craziness Archie brings with it. Will be a massive disappointment if Sabrina doesn't have magic.

I'm hoping Betty's crazy mom is on the right track about the Blossoms being into black magic. Maybe Cheryl killed him ('he was supposed to come back') and fucked it up. Or maybe she didn't, he came back as a zombie and someone capped him in the head.
>>
>>79083478
He's cheating on Midge by slamming Kevin Keller's tight little boipussy
>>
>>79083457
Oh fuck I forgot alexandra occasionally busted out magic
>>
I FUCKING await the episode where Jughead gets taken on a time traveling adventure back to July 4th by timecop January McAndrews to witness the murder.
>>
>they made a Lil Archie reference last night

I can dig it.
>>
>>79083641
Fucking christ man i wasn't prepared for that nostalgia rush

>>79083673
And sugar, sugar, which you had to know was inevitable
>>
File: punisher franked jon bernthal c.jpg (38KB, 279x407px) Image search: [Google]
punisher franked jon bernthal c.jpg
38KB, 279x407px
>>79082651
>>
>>79083726
>And sugar, sugar, which you had to know was inevitable
I feel like there was a cut subplot of the Pussycats stealing Archies songs or something.
>>
>>79083817
the archies don't exist in this canon, archie is barely getting his musical inclination going, so I doubt it
>>
>>79083866
They don't exist yet. Archie brings his music to the Pussycats in episode one and they kick him out but it seems like they would have had him drop one of his songs he had written out on the floor or something and they steal it. Seems like a teen drama thing to do.
>>
>>79083031
>show them kissing in the promos
>"why is everyone shipping Betty and Veronica?"
What did they mean by this?
>>
>Archie could literally be slamming both of this
>doesn't
>>
>>79077330
>Archie
>Alpha
He's a fucking goofball who never even tried to leave the friend zone, his indecision caused a fucking multiverse. If anything they made him more alpha.
>>
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina adaptation when?
>>
>>79084077
They're already eyeing a possible spin-off, ala Arrow/Flash
>>
File: 1401393163112.jpg (72KB, 590x518px) Image search: [Google]
1401393163112.jpg
72KB, 590x518px
>tfw you realize you're not only older than Archie and the gang now, but have been for a long time
>>
Reminder this is the canon ending to the original Archie before the recent modernized reboot.
>>
File: Capture.png (515KB, 470x528px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
515KB, 470x528px
>>79078594
>>
>>79084169
Dunno if it would be the same without Mellissa Joan Hart (and her aunts)
>>
>>79084009
>implying Archie isn't gay for Jughead
>>
>Reggie is some retarded Asian jock instead of a smooth criminal who outwits Archie at every turn but is also his best friend when he chips are down

kys writers

Reggie is literally the most complex Archie character.
>>
File: thisiswhoheiscallingcreepy.jpg (160KB, 901x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhoheiscallingcreepy.jpg
160KB, 901x1200px
>>79077330

>figurative shitposting became literal

Grundy is hot.

Do not listen to this post, this lie which is basically something straight from Polygon.
>>
>>79083510
Cheryl is the patrician choice.
Redhead, beautiful lips, abusive...She's god tier
>>
>>79077330
>Why did they turn an alpha character into an insecure, whiny little bitch

Examine every character in media where they start by softening you up with a faux-masculine character and then give him excessive weaknesses because they don't want to teach you how to stop being dependent on media.
>>
>>79085899

interesting way of putting it. In a way they think flaws allow people to project onto characters which creates a kind of dependency.
>>
File: Midge.jpg (25KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Midge.jpg
25KB, 320x320px
>>79083510
what if I have a Midge boner?
>>
VERONICA IS WHIIIIIITE

also has there even been a single shot of Jughead eating? baka
>>
>>79077330
I don't understand how people can say Archie was an alpha if you actually read the comics.
>>
>>79086495
He mentioned that now that he and Archie are friends again they'll be eating lots of burgers together, so hopefully next episode.
>>
>>79084226
>Archie has gotten this dark
What the hell has happened to comics?
>>
Can't wait for stupid teens to support this garbage and have us endure pointless incoming seasons.
>>
>>79086666
THE PENIS IS GOOD
THE GUN IS EVIL
>>
File: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).png (136KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).png
136KB, 250x250px
>>79084226
>can't pick between Veronica and Betty
>"eh I'll just kill Archie lel"
>>
File: 1486095365639.webm (2MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
1486095365639.webm
2MB, 1280x718px
>>
File: 1486090370148.jpg (401KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1486090370148.jpg
401KB, 2048x2048px
>>79077330

>never read the comics
>racist
>doesn't like MILF sex

kys
>>
>>79084009
...Yeah, it's weird. I mean, he literally walks away from Betty to meet Ms. Grundy. Jeez.

Who here Team BettyAndVeronica!
>>
>>79083532
wow, such diverse cast. I thought riverdale was a white city?
>>
>veronica/betty sex scene when?
>>
>Archie an alpha in comic
>Archie a beta in show
This needs to stop.
>>
>>79078313
The sad thing is, that's been done so often now that an Archie tv show played straight would have been more subversive.
>>
>>79077330

ARCHIE WAS NEVER ALPHA, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THREAD
>>
>>79086737
>Will constantly get spammed on /tv/ by waifufags.

At least they haven't shown anyone's feet yet.

/tv/ needs a purge.
>>
>>79078224
I just feel the CW audience and the Archie audience don't coincide in the slightest
hell most kids probably don't know about it at all
>>
as a fan of cheesy teen shit...the oc, pretty little liars, vampire diaries...I was so expecting to like this.

But it's seriously the most try hard garbage, with the most appallingly corny dialogue I've ever heard.

The 'satire' argument is basically 'just pretending to be retarded' IRL. Like Glee after Season 1.

How did this get such good pre-air reviews. I can't overstate just how fucking terrible it is.
>>
>>79086666
Can't remember if they sold it off to someone else or if the new creative director has 100% control but they release a bunch of edgy as fuck shit now.

That, a comic about Archie and zombies, a dark Sabrina comic, and Archie Vs Predator which is extremely gory
>>
>>79077330

This show looks like terrible, MTV tier garbage. How much drugs was everyone involved on to go ahead with a grim n edgy live action Archie series?
>>
>>79087844
Wouldn't be surprised considering how old Archie is. I was the only person who even knew it besides a couple of teachers when I discovered it in middle school.
>>
>>79087951
Yeah but they still publish tons of "old" archie. I see that more than anything else.
>>
File: 29517.jpg (580KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
29517.jpg
580KB, 1600x2400px
Who here likes Betty?
>>
>>79077330
I'm pretty sure Reggie kicked Archie's ass in the comics once in a while too. He had a way better car as well.
Not stoked they made Moose gay, but at least it wasn't a "outwardly homophobic Reggie has a secret gay crush on X"' plotline
>>
>>79088285
Betty is a 2nd tier choice. Mädchen "Mommy" Amick is the patrician option
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2699x4055px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2699x4055px
>>79087865
Yup. Came for PLL style comfy and fun show...got SO RANDUM AND SEXXXXY trash. With characters vomiting awkward, cringe pop culture references at every opportunity.

Just made me miss PLL desu. Worst pilot I've seen in a while. Hope it gets cancelled.
>>
>>79088363
I love that Pretty Little Liars is almost solely White and straight, other than some fan service lesbianism.

TV from a different era. Even though it still airs today, it could never be made today.
>>
>>79088445
PLL is redpill AF. Their treatment of transexuals is hilarious...and they routinely have minorities as bad guys, which is basically non-existent in modern shows.
>>
>>79084283
What are the odds that she gets cast as Aunt Hilda or Zelda for the Sabrina spinoff?
>>
Why is Veronica so gay though? It's usually Betty that's gay as fuck.
>>
>>79088285
She kinda looks like Sarah Gadon, all the more reason to watch Archie
>>
File: 1483827719380.png (195KB, 906x693px) Image search: [Google]
1483827719380.png
195KB, 906x693px
>Imdb says Ms Grundy is only in it for 4 episodes

DROPPED

They can't blueball us all by giving him best girl from the Jump and then take her away from us
>>
>>79079048
Archie comics actually paid into because they're fighting off bankruptcy.
>>
>>79088853

wait what shes only in 4 episodes? you're lying
>>
>>79089487
How? Archie comics are a good read.
>>
File: grundy.png (41KB, 805x251px) Image search: [Google]
grundy.png
41KB, 805x251px
>>79089497
>>
>>79089540

Unfortunately they fell for the SJW actually buy things meme
>>
File: 1200.jpg (86KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
86KB, 1200x675px
>>79081900
>pointlessly black
Feeling insecure about your white supremacy?
>>
>>79089540
Comics are a dying industry i'm afraid. And Archie comics as been barely keeping its main titles alive and played into social justice comic trend. Sacrificing stories for virtue signalling their newer comics trail off.
The series keep them alive was sanic, getting all those autism bucks but that can never last too long.
They're putting their bets on the animation, tv and film industries now.
If Riverdale goes well enough (which critically it kinda is, ratings is kinda of average) expect to see more spin-offs like this.
>>
File: DeathofGrundykins.jpg (52KB, 383x263px) Image search: [Google]
DeathofGrundykins.jpg
52KB, 383x263px
>>79089558
>>
>>79078156
Lmao, because the only reason any single person on this entire board even gave it a chance was because of it's name.

Ironically, it'd probably be a better show if not called Archie. It's actual target audience doesn't give a fuck about Archie anyway.
>>
>>79080304
wat
>>
>>79090516
MILF Grundy is actually a conwoman who possibly killed the real Ms. Grundy and took her identity
>>
>>79090574

Based as fuck
>>
>>79090574
cw as fuck
>>
>>79090574
Sounds like CW alright.
>>
>>79077330
>Why did they turn an alpha character into an insecure, whiny little bitch

Read the fucking comics.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.