[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the consensus? Is it just another blatant propaganda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
So what's the consensus? Is it just another blatant propaganda riddled victim nigger and ebil wyatt mang movie? The preview I saw at the theatre looked alright, but Rotten Tomatoes gives it 100% over 16 reviews and IMDB holds it at 5.8/10.
>>
>>79075458
Should probably get this out of the way before everyone starts bitching about "It doesn't even look scary"

The film is directed by Jordan Peele of Key And Peele fame. It is definitely intended partially as a comedy.
>>
>>79075507
Easy there, trigger. I'm pretty sure if you've even heard of this movie that's like the second thing you've heard about it. He plastered his name all over the thing.

That being said... it doesn't really look like it's going for yucks based on the trailer.
>>
>>79075507

It's a mix of comedy and horror. That was established long ago and has been confirmed by every critic who has published a review.

The question we have is where does the comedy come from? Is it from an extremely ham handed approach to racism? Or does the comedy come from something like "lol white people are so uncomfortable around blacks"?
>>
>>79075507
I didn't get that impression at all upon seeing the trailer. Yes it is directed by Peele who specializes in comedy but that doesn't mean it can't be serious or somewhat devoid of comedy.
>>
>>79075458

The twist;

It's about Rich Old White Liberals Who Transplant Their Consciousness Into Young Black Men because young black men in the future get a free ride from society
>>
>>79075575

It's like Split/The Visit etc.

It's funny because it's absurd, while still being a horror film. Lots of horror is like that.
>>
The racial identity politics has been established to such an extent that it may not even be "propaganda" in terms of being deliberately misconstrued. That is to say, the people who made it might really, actually believe this narrative. In the same sense,
>victim nigger and ebil wyatt mang
this is also propaganda.

The western elite don't play only one side. They play all sides, including yours.
>>
>>79075691
Seriously?
>>
>>79075458
>propaganda
lol mcfuckin kill yourself senpai
>>
>>79075816
lmao what the fuck are you talking about
>>
Got triggered and now I need a safespace

These liberals really hurt my feelings
>>
>>79075816
That's great and all, but what about the fucking movie? No one asked for your two cents about the state of racial identity politics, faggot. Also
>hurr durr everything is politics!!!!1
No shit.
>>
>>79076344
>>79076360
>>79076364
>samefagging this hard
Kill yourself retard
>>
>>79076469
>I already knew all of that!

That's great
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.